ABS PLA Desktop Filament Extruder

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

ABS PLA Desktop Filament Extruder

Post by mobcom » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by mobcom
Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:32 pm

I've had my printer about a year now and I'm finding the filament is costing me a fortune. I've been monitoring the kickstarter site as there seem to be quite a few desktop extruders beginning to be manufactured and these use PLA or ABS pellets which are converted into filament. This whole make your own filament idea looks like a great way to save money, I had a quick search and found a few companies that will supply raw pellets at £3.50 per Kg. I also found a UK company that are selling a more substantial filament extruder www.nutralabs.co.uk and I wondered if any had any experience using one of these types of machines?
I've had my printer about a year now and I'm finding the filament is costing me a fortune. I've been monitoring the kickstarter site as there seem to be quite a few desktop extruders beginning to be manufactured and these use PLA or ABS pellets which are converted into filament. This whole make your own filament idea looks like a great way to save money, I had a quick search and found a few companies that will supply raw pellets at £3.50 per Kg. I also found a UK company that are selling a more substantial filament extruder www.nutralabs.co.uk and I wondered if any had any experience using one of these types of machines?
mobcom offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1