HELP bricked ebox3350mx-ap, wrong bios

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1

HELP bricked ebox3350mx-ap, wrong bios

Post by A54HD » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by A54HD
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm

hi i saw there was a bios for ebox 3350mx the a61 so i immediately thought it was for also the ebox 3350mx-ap (auto-poweron version) so i flashed it. now when i restarted and try to boot media it just shows a flashing "_" and doesnt boot. i cant even enter the bios pressing del or f11 doesnt work. please help i dont know what to do :?
hi i saw there was a bios for ebox 3350mx the a61 so i immediately thought it was for also the ebox 3350mx-ap (auto-poweron version) so i flashed it. now when i restarted and try to boot media it just shows a flashing "_" and doesnt boot. i cant even enter the bios pressing del or f11 doesnt work. please help i dont know what to do :?
A54HD offline

Re: HELP bricked ebox3350mx-ap, wrong bios

Post by PedroR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

Post by PedroR
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

Hi

If you believe you've bricked your unit you will need to send it back to DMP - the manufacturer - for repair. There's a special procedure and equipment needed to reinstall the BIOS on the processor.
As far as I know, in all similar cases I've encountered, the units can't be recovered by the user as any user attempt to update the BIOS requires the unit to be bootable.

I suggest contacting support@dmp.com.tw.

If you purchased the unit from RoboSavvy, you can get in touch with support@robosavvy.com and we'll forward the request to DMP support.

Out of curiosity was there a particular reason to do this? Version A61 was posted I believe over a year ago and it was aimed at users who had received units from earlier batches; all recent units now come with version A61 (or newer) pre installed.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi

If you believe you've bricked your unit you will need to send it back to DMP - the manufacturer - for repair. There's a special procedure and equipment needed to reinstall the BIOS on the processor.
As far as I know, in all similar cases I've encountered, the units can't be recovered by the user as any user attempt to update the BIOS requires the unit to be bootable.

I suggest contacting support@dmp.com.tw.

If you purchased the unit from RoboSavvy, you can get in touch with support@robosavvy.com and we'll forward the request to DMP support.

Out of curiosity was there a particular reason to do this? Version A61 was posted I believe over a year ago and it was aimed at users who had received units from earlier batches; all recent units now come with version A61 (or newer) pre installed.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by A54HD » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by A54HD
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:25 pm

hi thanks for replying. i thought this bios was newer i cant remember the old one's version now. i thought the bios a61 would allow for acpi dont know why i thought this now in retrospect. id like to try your fix if you can expand on the details please as you said that it can be user fixable. it does boot but doesnt boot any bootable media just recognises it.
by the way i saw a white 6pin header connector on the motherboard is this something to do with bios recovery. also is there a bios out there that allows for acpi as some os'es require acpi in bios.
hi thanks for replying. i thought this bios was newer i cant remember the old one's version now. i thought the bios a61 would allow for acpi dont know why i thought this now in retrospect. id like to try your fix if you can expand on the details please as you said that it can be user fixable. it does boot but doesnt boot any bootable media just recognises it.
by the way i saw a white 6pin header connector on the motherboard is this something to do with bios recovery. also is there a bios out there that allows for acpi as some os'es require acpi in bios.
A54HD offline

Post by PedroR » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am

Post by PedroR
Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am

id like to try your fix if you can expand on the details please as you said that it can be user fixable.

Hi

I believe you may have mis understood my positing. As I explained:

"As far as I know, in all similar cases I've encountered, the units can't be recovered by the user as any user attempt to update the BIOS requires the unit to be bootable."

This means only the manufacturer is able to fix them. We don't have information about the layout of the embedded board not od we have equipment to re install the BIOS.

In any case, as I said, I strongly urge you to contact support@dmp.com.tw as they are the only ones who can advise a course of action. (which is, as I said, most likely sending them the unit for repair).

Kind Regards
Pedro.
id like to try your fix if you can expand on the details please as you said that it can be user fixable.

Hi

I believe you may have mis understood my positing. As I explained:

"As far as I know, in all similar cases I've encountered, the units can't be recovered by the user as any user attempt to update the BIOS requires the unit to be bootable."

This means only the manufacturer is able to fix them. We don't have information about the layout of the embedded board not od we have equipment to re install the BIOS.

In any case, as I said, I strongly urge you to contact support@dmp.com.tw as they are the only ones who can advise a course of action. (which is, as I said, most likely sending them the unit for repair).

Kind Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by A54HD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by A54HD
Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:30 pm

hi sorry i misunderstood your reply i was going to edit my post but didnt know how. anyway i have sent an email to support@dmp.com.tw as you suggested but i get postmaster delivery failure i think this is closed down now. also i tried info@dmp.com.tw and also info@compactpc.com.tw these were sent. i will wait a few days for them to reply or i will ring them i think.
hi sorry i misunderstood your reply i was going to edit my post but didnt know how. anyway i have sent an email to support@dmp.com.tw as you suggested but i get postmaster delivery failure i think this is closed down now. also i tried info@dmp.com.tw and also info@compactpc.com.tw these were sent. i will wait a few days for them to reply or i will ring them i think.
A54HD offline

Post by PedroR » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by PedroR
Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi A54HD

If DMP does not get back to you, I suggest contacting your place of purchase and they can liaise with DMP regarding having your unit sent over and repaired.

I've tried looking up an order from yourself but I can't find any so I'm not sure if you got it from us. If you did, please email support@robosavvy.com with your order number please.

Regards
Hi A54HD

If DMP does not get back to you, I suggest contacting your place of purchase and they can liaise with DMP regarding having your unit sent over and repaired.

I've tried looking up an order from yourself but I can't find any so I'm not sure if you got it from us. If you did, please email support@robosavvy.com with your order number please.

Regards
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by A54HD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by A54HD
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 pm

hi i bought it from wdl systems online retailer imported it from usa to uk. i have recieved an email from someone from dmp and hopefully should be able to get it fixed. they asked where did i purchase it from i sent them a reply just to wait untill tomorrow to see their response. hopefully they will present a solution.
hi i bought it from wdl systems online retailer imported it from usa to uk. i have recieved an email from someone from dmp and hopefully should be able to get it fixed. they asked where did i purchase it from i sent them a reply just to wait untill tomorrow to see their response. hopefully they will present a solution.
A54HD offline

7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1