Bee display project

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Bee display project

Post by Orac » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Orac
Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 am

Hi all,

I had an enquiry from a new Bee exhibition centre near Preston UK, to see if anyone can help with a moving display they are trying to build (for love not money). See details below.

Drop me a PM if you are able to give them a hand.

Thanks

Pete

It will be a really interesting thing for the children to watch if I can get it sorted. I want the mini robot to work under a real section of honey bees wax and the robot to move under the wax out of sight. If a thin piece of wire is attached to the top of the robot with a bee at the tip of the wire, and it can protrude above the wax to give the appearance that the bee is doing a figure of 8 waggle dance that would be brilliant. There would obviously have to be a groove in the wax for the wire to travel down so there's no movement restriction.

I want the children to be able to press a button for it to waggle along the wax. The whole contraption is to be encased in a glass topped cabinet so children can't touch it. I have alraedy purchased a steepper motor and mini circuit board athough I don't know why. I have no idea what to do with them! Once the museum is about to be put together we would like to place a nameplate accrediting the set up to whoever has helped out.

A typical drawn out wax frame(there wouldn't be honey in it and the sheet can be much bigger) which will be laid out on a flat surface suspended above the robot
Hi all,

I had an enquiry from a new Bee exhibition centre near Preston UK, to see if anyone can help with a moving display they are trying to build (for love not money). See details below.

Drop me a PM if you are able to give them a hand.

Thanks

Pete

It will be a really interesting thing for the children to watch if I can get it sorted. I want the mini robot to work under a real section of honey bees wax and the robot to move under the wax out of sight. If a thin piece of wire is attached to the top of the robot with a bee at the tip of the wire, and it can protrude above the wax to give the appearance that the bee is doing a figure of 8 waggle dance that would be brilliant. There would obviously have to be a groove in the wax for the wire to travel down so there's no movement restriction.

I want the children to be able to press a button for it to waggle along the wax. The whole contraption is to be encased in a glass topped cabinet so children can't touch it. I have alraedy purchased a steepper motor and mini circuit board athough I don't know why. I have no idea what to do with them! Once the museum is about to be put together we would like to place a nameplate accrediting the set up to whoever has helped out.

A typical drawn out wax frame(there wouldn't be honey in it and the sheet can be much bigger) which will be laid out on a flat surface suspended above the robot
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1