Technical Doubt Regarding BLDC motor

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Technical Doubt Regarding BLDC motor

Post by wangwei » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by wangwei
Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Electrical Engineers,

I have a doubt ,so pls suggest me.......!!!!!!!!!!

I am Having BLDC(Brush less DC) Motor it's used in Electrical Vehicles (E-Rickshaws)

Technical specifications are:

No.of Poles(stator) :12(Electro Magnets)
No.of Poles(Rotor) :6(Permanent Magnets)
Power :800W
Input Voltage :48V(DC)
Load Current :upto 30A
No Load Speed :3000 RPM
Type :BLDC with Hall Sensor Control

I need information regarding "how many Electrical Revolution will be there for one Mechanical Revolutions" for Implementing PWM(Pulse Width Modulation). I didn't get this information from google so pls tell me if any body know

what the problem i am facing is if i Run the motor with No-load its working fine ,when we applied some load (>10A Current) it stops automatically ofter some time(4 to 8 mins)
Hi Electrical Engineers,

I have a doubt ,so pls suggest me.......!!!!!!!!!!

I am Having BLDC(Brush less DC) Motor it's used in Electrical Vehicles (E-Rickshaws)

Technical specifications are:

No.of Poles(stator) :12(Electro Magnets)
No.of Poles(Rotor) :6(Permanent Magnets)
Power :800W
Input Voltage :48V(DC)
Load Current :upto 30A
No Load Speed :3000 RPM
Type :BLDC with Hall Sensor Control

I need information regarding "how many Electrical Revolution will be there for one Mechanical Revolutions" for Implementing PWM(Pulse Width Modulation). I didn't get this information from google so pls tell me if any body know

what the problem i am facing is if i Run the motor with No-load its working fine ,when we applied some load (>10A Current) it stops automatically ofter some time(4 to 8 mins)
wangwei offline

Re: Technical Doubt Regarding BLDC motor

Post by PaulL » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by PaulL
Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Sounds like the controller (I'm assuming there's a controller and you're not doing PWM through FET's, etc, as you say "stops automatically") is finding a reason to fault out. Is the controller overheating? Can you provide more info about the controller / motor driver?
Sounds like the controller (I'm assuming there's a controller and you're not doing PWM through FET's, etc, as you say "stops automatically") is finding a reason to fault out. Is the controller overheating? Can you provide more info about the controller / motor driver?
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1