Designing and 3D Printing your own mechanism!

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Designing and 3D Printing your own mechanism!

Post by Naomi RoboSavvy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Naomi RoboSavvy
Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey guys!

Ever wondered about the kinds of things you can create with a 3D Printer, a few hours on CAD and some loose nuts and bolts?
We say, with a little imagination... Just about anything! :D
Check out what one of our designers here at RoboSavvy made last week as we prep to launch our new MM2X nozzles:

All parts but the lever and the bolts have been designed and printed in house. Any guesses what this does??

A close up of the mechanism.

Here's the CAD file spliced.

As you can see, when the lever is pulled forward the mechanism moves down, along with a circular hole puncher and an exacto blade. It's been designed to cut a very specific part for our new MM2X replacement nozzle kit for the Markerbot Replicator 2X.

This saved me hours if I were to cut these all by hand! 5 minutes this took, I kid you not.
Any guesses what these are??

All ready to start getting these kits together!

Hope this inspired you to design and print your own mechanism. Get creative!
Hey guys!

Ever wondered about the kinds of things you can create with a 3D Printer, a few hours on CAD and some loose nuts and bolts?
We say, with a little imagination... Just about anything! :D
Check out what one of our designers here at RoboSavvy made last week as we prep to launch our new MM2X nozzles:

All parts but the lever and the bolts have been designed and printed in house. Any guesses what this does??

A close up of the mechanism.

Here's the CAD file spliced.

As you can see, when the lever is pulled forward the mechanism moves down, along with a circular hole puncher and an exacto blade. It's been designed to cut a very specific part for our new MM2X replacement nozzle kit for the Markerbot Replicator 2X.

This saved me hours if I were to cut these all by hand! 5 minutes this took, I kid you not.
Any guesses what these are??

All ready to start getting these kits together!

Hope this inspired you to design and print your own mechanism. Get creative!
Naomi RoboSavvy offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1