Suggestions to the Site

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
35 postsPage 3 of 31, 2, 3

Re: Suggestions to the Site

Post by PedroR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by PedroR
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

Unfortunately our webmaster had to suddenly leave last week due to a severe health problem, so we have no webmaster now.

One of the items in his "to-do" list was to add a "Disapprove and Ban" button on the Moderator view.
I assume this wasn't completed.

He was also assigned to fix your issues with the File Manager which I'm not sure how it stands at the moment...

I do apologize for this. Let me look into what we can do about this (until a new webmaster comes) and I'll let you know.

Again, our apologies.

Kind Regards
Pedro.

PS: I do not seem to have received your PM. Can you confirm it was sent to me? (I hope it's not a new bug...)
Hi

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

Unfortunately our webmaster had to suddenly leave last week due to a severe health problem, so we have no webmaster now.

One of the items in his "to-do" list was to add a "Disapprove and Ban" button on the Moderator view.
I assume this wasn't completed.

He was also assigned to fix your issues with the File Manager which I'm not sure how it stands at the moment...

I do apologize for this. Let me look into what we can do about this (until a new webmaster comes) and I'll let you know.

Again, our apologies.

Kind Regards
Pedro.

PS: I do not seem to have received your PM. Can you confirm it was sent to me? (I hope it's not a new bug...)
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by PedroR
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Well, I can really see the extent of the issue now that I've looked at the moderation queue....

For now, the best I can suggest - and to be honest we're sincerely relying on the moderators help until a new webmaster is in - just focus on approving valid posts.

Leave the "bad" posts as unapproved. As "unapproved" they're basically harmless; they're just annoying and confusing from a UI perspective.
We don't yet have an efficient tool to do these mass Disapprovals and bans but as long as they're left "unapproved" they won't show up anywhere. We'll eventually move into automatically pruning all those old unapproved posts.

Again we greatly appreciate all the moderators' help and once we get a new webmaster in, I'll personally see that this is his top priority.

Kind Regards
Pedro
Well, I can really see the extent of the issue now that I've looked at the moderation queue....

For now, the best I can suggest - and to be honest we're sincerely relying on the moderators help until a new webmaster is in - just focus on approving valid posts.

Leave the "bad" posts as unapproved. As "unapproved" they're basically harmless; they're just annoying and confusing from a UI perspective.
We don't yet have an efficient tool to do these mass Disapprovals and bans but as long as they're left "unapproved" they won't show up anywhere. We'll eventually move into automatically pruning all those old unapproved posts.

Again we greatly appreciate all the moderators' help and once we get a new webmaster in, I'll personally see that this is his top priority.

Kind Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulL » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 am

Post by PaulL
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 am

Yeah, they're quite prolific. It's a shame they don't realize they're getting nothing from their efforts.

What I was doing was "Select All" at the bottom, then Disapprove for the whole page full. It was easier to "mark all" and visually scan for valid posts and uncheck those than to put a check on each spam post. I could go through 5 or so pages in a matter of minutes. They do certain things that make it easier to visually skip them. ;)

I just went back about 5 pages looking for valid posts, found none. I left them, but it's easier to go through when setting to Disapprove if it helps. The bigger issue is banning IP's / accounts!! :)

Thanks,
Paul
Yeah, they're quite prolific. It's a shame they don't realize they're getting nothing from their efforts.

What I was doing was "Select All" at the bottom, then Disapprove for the whole page full. It was easier to "mark all" and visually scan for valid posts and uncheck those than to put a check on each spam post. I could go through 5 or so pages in a matter of minutes. They do certain things that make it easier to visually skip them. ;)

I just went back about 5 pages looking for valid posts, found none. I left them, but it's easier to go through when setting to Disapprove if it helps. The bigger issue is banning IP's / accounts!! :)

Thanks,
Paul
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Paul

We're now preparing a plan to address this.
The first line of defense will be that:
- you can submit a post and must wait for it to be approved before you can submit a new one.
- in other words; if you have posts pending approval you can't submit new ones.

We're moderating the first posts so this shouldn't throttle people down too much but will definitely reduce the silly amount of spam we got.
The other thing is adding a "Disapprove and Ban" button.

From the experience I've gathered with the spam attacks we've had, throttling measures are really helpful for moderators; we assumed approving posts would solve all problems but it clearly seems throttling measures are still needed!

Regarding the Private Message and your File Manager can you let us know if that's working now? I didn't really get your PM so I just wanted to double check if it's a bug so that we track it down.

Thank you very much for your feedback and your help.

Kind Regards
Pedro
Hi Paul

We're now preparing a plan to address this.
The first line of defense will be that:
- you can submit a post and must wait for it to be approved before you can submit a new one.
- in other words; if you have posts pending approval you can't submit new ones.

We're moderating the first posts so this shouldn't throttle people down too much but will definitely reduce the silly amount of spam we got.
The other thing is adding a "Disapprove and Ban" button.

From the experience I've gathered with the spam attacks we've had, throttling measures are really helpful for moderators; we assumed approving posts would solve all problems but it clearly seems throttling measures are still needed!

Regarding the Private Message and your File Manager can you let us know if that's working now? I didn't really get your PM so I just wanted to double check if it's a bug so that we track it down.

Thank you very much for your feedback and your help.

Kind Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulL » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 am

Post by PaulL
Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Pedro,

All sounds good.

I have a PM for you in my Outbox... It's still sitting there.

File Manager shows no files...

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Pedro,

All sounds good.

I have a PM for you in my Outbox... It's still sitting there.

File Manager shows no files...

Thanks,
Paul
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Previous
Previous