Fire Fighting Robot- Please HELP!!!

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Fire Fighting Robot- Please HELP!!!

Post by yasith1 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

Post by yasith1
Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

Hi all,

I'm designing a fire fighting robot for a project. The robot should find and blow a candle placed in a random place in a maze. I used a wall following algorithm which keeps a constant distance between wall and the robot. The algorithm I used doesn't allow the robot to go to the isolated partitions in the maze. Please suggest me an appropriate algorithm which enables the robot to go all the partitions in the maze.

regards.
Hi all,

I'm designing a fire fighting robot for a project. The robot should find and blow a candle placed in a random place in a maze. I used a wall following algorithm which keeps a constant distance between wall and the robot. The algorithm I used doesn't allow the robot to go to the isolated partitions in the maze. Please suggest me an appropriate algorithm which enables the robot to go all the partitions in the maze.

regards.
yasith1 offline

Post by BotThoughts » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by BotThoughts
Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Trinity-style firefighting? I tried that once several years ago in a local competition. That one isolated room is the problem isn't it?? :wink:

Wall following won't get you there 100%. In my case I drove forward briefly then was able to follow the outside wall of the island room and turned into the room (with mediocre consistency).

My next approach will almost certainly involve odometry and maybe even a gyro to aid navigation.
Trinity-style firefighting? I tried that once several years ago in a local competition. That one isolated room is the problem isn't it?? :wink:

Wall following won't get you there 100%. In my case I drove forward briefly then was able to follow the outside wall of the island room and turned into the room (with mediocre consistency).

My next approach will almost certainly involve odometry and maybe even a gyro to aid navigation.
BotThoughts offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1