Video of CG and robot

Anything that doesn't fit our other forums goes here.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Video of CG and robot

Post by UncleBob » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by UncleBob
Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

[media]//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuSN_GhS40[/media]

This is enhanced Knight Templar 2. It now has more servos hence heavier. so much so the hip servos RX24F can't really handle a side kick. I wonder if I can swap in the RX27 gearset. The leg design follows similiar design to the Kondo KHR 3. This is because I don't want to use 3D printed plastic for ankle brackets. Bioloid GP leg design would be better for fighting and side kick.

I am showing this robot in our makerfaire tomorrow and a Korea robot competition in October. For the competition I don't think it can win in the fighting games. The competitors have much more powerful servos and better designs. Maybe I can win in the demo or running race so this design might be ok. The Bioloid Premium is still my favourite robot because it can do human thinks unlike the GP. So this robot design follows the Premium way of things.

The video is made using Adobe Premium Pro. This is very simple editing using the Ultra Keying video effect. The video quality is not very good because I didn't use good background light to light up the robot. There is more to the fight sequence but the robot fell down half way through.

Please enjoy and do leave a comment.

http://unclebobtech.com/knighttemplar/
[media]//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuSN_GhS40[/media]

This is enhanced Knight Templar 2. It now has more servos hence heavier. so much so the hip servos RX24F can't really handle a side kick. I wonder if I can swap in the RX27 gearset. The leg design follows similiar design to the Kondo KHR 3. This is because I don't want to use 3D printed plastic for ankle brackets. Bioloid GP leg design would be better for fighting and side kick.

I am showing this robot in our makerfaire tomorrow and a Korea robot competition in October. For the competition I don't think it can win in the fighting games. The competitors have much more powerful servos and better designs. Maybe I can win in the demo or running race so this design might be ok. The Bioloid Premium is still my favourite robot because it can do human thinks unlike the GP. So this robot design follows the Premium way of things.

The video is made using Adobe Premium Pro. This is very simple editing using the Ultra Keying video effect. The video quality is not very good because I didn't use good background light to light up the robot. There is more to the fight sequence but the robot fell down half way through.

Please enjoy and do leave a comment.

http://unclebobtech.com/knighttemplar/
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulL » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 am

Post by PaulL
Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 am

His legs are pretty long!!! Is there any way to redesign and shorten them?
His legs are pretty long!!! Is there any way to redesign and shorten them?
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1