AT01 Cartwheel

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

AT01 Cartwheel

Post by lampcov » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by lampcov
Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Silly question, but has anyone seen an AT01 to the ole' sideways cartwheel like we've all seen the KHR-2HV and RN1 do 1000 times before. The only acrobatic manuever I've seen to date has been a small forward roll.

Daughter is all excited about the upcoming addition to the family but keeps asking if Manoi can do it.....kids...though I'm a bit curious myself if the body shell gets in the way...

Marc
Silly question, but has anyone seen an AT01 to the ole' sideways cartwheel like we've all seen the KHR-2HV and RN1 do 1000 times before. The only acrobatic manuever I've seen to date has been a small forward roll.

Daughter is all excited about the upcoming addition to the family but keeps asking if Manoi can do it.....kids...though I'm a bit curious myself if the body shell gets in the way...

Marc
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: AT01 Cartwheel

Post by tempusmaster » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm

lampcov wrote:Silly question, but has anyone seen an AT01 to the ole' sideways cartwheel like we've all seen the KHR-2HV and RN1 do 1000 times before. The only acrobatic manuever I've seen to date has been a small forward roll.

Marc

Not a silly question at all.

Just my opinion: Without it's body shells, the AT01 can do forward and backward rolls. It may be able to do cartwheels, but I haven't seen one yet and haven't tried it myself. The body shells, especially the head, would make it difficult to accomplish fully dressed, though it is still able to do forward rolls like this-

phpBB [media]
lampcov wrote:Silly question, but has anyone seen an AT01 to the ole' sideways cartwheel like we've all seen the KHR-2HV and RN1 do 1000 times before. The only acrobatic manuever I've seen to date has been a small forward roll.

Marc

Not a silly question at all.

Just my opinion: Without it's body shells, the AT01 can do forward and backward rolls. It may be able to do cartwheels, but I haven't seen one yet and haven't tried it myself. The body shells, especially the head, would make it difficult to accomplish fully dressed, though it is still able to do forward rolls like this-

phpBB [media]
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by lampcov » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by lampcov
Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Lem-

That's the video I was referring to. I am of the same opinion that it would be difficult...which is unfortunate as one of my goals in getting the AT01 is to capture the interest of younger children, and the acrobatic abilitites of a bot go a long way in that department.

I've seen video of the KHR-2HV performing its standard routines in the full body shells soon to be released from Kondo, Perhaps as much as I like the AT01 I might need to consider the 1HV or 2HV from Kondo. While I appreciate the servo advantages of the Manoi I don't know if they are of that much practical advantage.

Any input would be appreciated...I thought my bot selection was done....so I guess I'm back to AT01 or 1HV....
Lem-

That's the video I was referring to. I am of the same opinion that it would be difficult...which is unfortunate as one of my goals in getting the AT01 is to capture the interest of younger children, and the acrobatic abilitites of a bot go a long way in that department.

I've seen video of the KHR-2HV performing its standard routines in the full body shells soon to be released from Kondo, Perhaps as much as I like the AT01 I might need to consider the 1HV or 2HV from Kondo. While I appreciate the servo advantages of the Manoi I don't know if they are of that much practical advantage.

Any input would be appreciated...I thought my bot selection was done....so I guess I'm back to AT01 or 1HV....
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 am

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 am

lampcov wrote:Lem-

Well, I'm not going to be of much help in your decision process because I like all three of them. :D
lampcov wrote:Lem-

Well, I'm not going to be of much help in your decision process because I like all three of them. :D
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1