H2H for Manoi

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1

H2H for Manoi

Post by Orac » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi, I have been using H2H Type 3J 2006/10/06 and am having trouble setting the Home position well enough to run even the simple sample files without falling over.

Should I be using the version that came on the CD?

Thanks
Hi, I have been using H2H Type 3J 2006/10/06 and am having trouble setting the Home position well enough to run even the simple sample files without falling over.

Thanks
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulP » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Post by PaulP
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:18 pm

I've used both H2H and H2HJ. The home position is very critical and can be finicky.

I could get it to walk one way along the table but it wouldnt walk the other. Then someone suggested was the table level?

Indeed it wasnt so after leveling and adjusting home again it will walk both ways. It is a very fine adjustment
I've used both H2H and H2HJ. The home position is very critical and can be finicky.

I could get it to walk one way along the table but it wouldnt walk the other. Then someone suggested was the table level?

Indeed it wasnt so after leveling and adjusting home again it will walk both ways. It is a very fine adjustment
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: H2H for Manoi

Post by tempusmaster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Orac wrote:Hi, I have been using H2H Type 3J 2006/10/06 and am having trouble setting the Home position well enough to run even the simple sample files without falling over.

Thanks

Both versions of the software treat the Home position identically, so most likely that isn't the problem.

Which procedure are you following to setup the Home position? The setup procedure on the AT01 website seems to work okay.

Good way to check and see if your Home position is correct is to create a Link that increments the leg servos evenly - say by 10 - to smoothly lower the body. If the home position is correct, then the body will move straight down vertically. If it's off, then the body will tilt in one direction or another.
Orac wrote:Hi, I have been using H2H Type 3J 2006/10/06 and am having trouble setting the Home position well enough to run even the simple sample files without falling over.

Thanks

Both versions of the software treat the Home position identically, so most likely that isn't the problem.

Which procedure are you following to setup the Home position? The setup procedure on the AT01 website seems to work okay.

Good way to check and see if your Home position is correct is to create a Link that increments the leg servos evenly - say by 10 - to smoothly lower the body. If the home position is correct, then the body will move straight down vertically. If it's off, then the body will tilt in one direction or another.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Orac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Orac
Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 am

Many thanks, I have tested him on all the RCB english versions of the files posted here, all bar a couple are now working fine.

The faster ones are still causing him to topple over but that will just be fine tuning.

Are there any other Manoi RCB files posted anywhere that anyone has come across?

Thanks
Many thanks, I have tested him on all the RCB english versions of the files posted here, all bar a couple are now working fine.

The faster ones are still causing him to topple over but that will just be fine tuning.

Are there any other Manoi RCB files posted anywhere that anyone has come across?

Thanks
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:06 am

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:06 am

Orac wrote:Many thanks, I have tested him on all the RCB english versions of the files posted here, all bar a couple are now working fine.

It takes a little practice, and experimentation, before you get the hang of it. The fact that you're working on the robot closeup tends to distort perspectives, so you think you have something lined up when really it's off a bit. The same thing happens when you try to hang a picture on a wall.

Sighting along different features seems to help. For example, there are mounting holes on the legs that you can sight through to make sure that the two legs are parallel.

Also, keep in mind that one adjustment often affects others. Some builders start any alignments from the body - say the hips - and then work outward, one set of servos at a time. Others work from the foot/soles upward.

Another significant factor is the battery weight and location. The robot is 1/5 scale, so the battery is a significant part of the physical loading, and all the canned routines assume it's onboard, even if you're using an external power supply and don't have the battery plugged in.

Thanks

The most complete source for reliable RCB files is Kyosho AT01 motion download page since Shiroma tests any contributed motion file before it gets posted. There are also a few AT01 soccer motions - different kicks - that were contributed to the botconnect.com website. :D
Orac wrote:Many thanks, I have tested him on all the RCB english versions of the files posted here, all bar a couple are now working fine.

It takes a little practice, and experimentation, before you get the hang of it. The fact that you're working on the robot closeup tends to distort perspectives, so you think you have something lined up when really it's off a bit. The same thing happens when you try to hang a picture on a wall.

Sighting along different features seems to help. For example, there are mounting holes on the legs that you can sight through to make sure that the two legs are parallel.

Also, keep in mind that one adjustment often affects others. Some builders start any alignments from the body - say the hips - and then work outward, one set of servos at a time. Others work from the foot/soles upward.

Another significant factor is the battery weight and location. The robot is 1/5 scale, so the battery is a significant part of the physical loading, and all the canned routines assume it's onboard, even if you're using an external power supply and don't have the battery plugged in.

Thanks

The most complete source for reliable RCB files is Kyosho AT01 motion download page since Shiroma tests any contributed motion file before it gets posted. There are also a few AT01 soccer motions - different kicks - that were contributed to the botconnect.com website. :D
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Orac » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:27 am

Post by Orac
Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:27 am

Many thanks, you are correct, I have removed the battery, can't believe I missed that one :oops:

Hence why it has a tendancy to topple backwards :)

I'll have a look at the two sites a bit later and put the battery back in !!
Many thanks, you are correct, I have removed the battery, can't believe I missed that one :oops:

Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Orac wrote:Many thanks, you are correct, I have removed the battery, can't believe I missed that one :oops:

Don't feel bad, you're not the first one to fall into that trap. :oops: :D
Orac wrote:Many thanks, you are correct, I have removed the battery, can't believe I missed that one :oops:

Don't feel bad, you're not the first one to fall into that trap. :oops: :D
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1