how to use KRG-1 to manoi?

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

how to use KRG-1 to manoi?

Post by lucidmask » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 am

Post by lucidmask
Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 am

i want to use KRG-1 gyro to manoi.who can give me some advice?
i want to use KRG-1 gyro to manoi.who can give me some advice?
lucidmask offline

Re: how to use KRG-1 to manoi?

Post by tempusmaster » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:35 pm

lucidmask wrote:i want to use KRG-1 gyro to manoi.who can give me some advice?

I'm not sure why you would want to use the KRG-1 with either the MANOI AT01 or PF01.

The KRG-3 is the recommended gyro for use with the RCB3 controller, and is cheaper, especially when you consider the fact that you'll need two gyros (pitch & roll axes).

Is there some advantage you expect to get from using the KRG-1?
lucidmask wrote:i want to use KRG-1 gyro to manoi.who can give me some advice?

I'm not sure why you would want to use the KRG-1 with either the MANOI AT01 or PF01.

The KRG-3 is the recommended gyro for use with the RCB3 controller, and is cheaper, especially when you consider the fact that you'll need two gyros (pitch & roll axes).

Is there some advantage you expect to get from using the KRG-1?
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

thanks

Post by lucidmask » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:04 am

Post by lucidmask
Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:04 am

I have used KRG-3 on RCB3. I also have two KRG-1,so i try to use these on RCB3 instead of KRG-3.But the manoi shakes intensely with KRG-1 used.
I wonder whether KRG-1 can be used on RCB3.
I have used KRG-3 on RCB3. I also have two KRG-1,so i try to use these on RCB3 instead of KRG-3.But the manoi shakes intensely with KRG-1 used.
lucidmask offline

Re: thanks

Post by tempusmaster » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:13 pm

lucidmask wrote:I have used KRG-3 on RCB3. I also have two KRG-1,so i try to use these on RCB3 instead of KRG-3.But the manoi shakes intensely with KRG-1 used.

I don't have access to a KRG-1 and don't know anyone here that's tried it, so it's hard to guess. Checking the SP2 documentation it specifically says that the KRG-1 isn't supported, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you couldn't get it working somehow.

It might be the settings you're using. You could try hooking up a KRG-3 and watch the output while you tilt the robot, then do the same thing with the KRG-1 to see if they respond similarly, then try adjusting the RCB3 settings. If you're really, really lucky, then it might just be a matter of decreasing the setting.
lucidmask wrote:I have used KRG-3 on RCB3. I also have two KRG-1,so i try to use these on RCB3 instead of KRG-3.But the manoi shakes intensely with KRG-1 used.

I don't have access to a KRG-1 and don't know anyone here that's tried it, so it's hard to guess. Checking the SP2 documentation it specifically says that the KRG-1 isn't supported, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you couldn't get it working somehow.

It might be the settings you're using. You could try hooking up a KRG-3 and watch the output while you tilt the robot, then do the same thing with the KRG-1 to see if they respond similarly, then try adjusting the RCB3 settings. If you're really, really lucky, then it might just be a matter of decreasing the setting.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by slashsplat » Sat May 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sat May 12, 2007 2:45 pm

I have the KRG-3s working fine. They will only work with a LITTLE blending in the RCB. If you blend in TOO much, they will oscillate, yes. They only provide a BIT of stability. Lightly punching the chest will show that it recovers better with them on.

The real trick would be to enable a motion for major recovery, like actually stepping back. I have them blended into the leg servos to varying degrees and they work pretty good.

I FINALLY got the additional 3DOF and am waiting to install them before I do a lot more work. They will change the CoG a lot.
I have the KRG-3s working fine. They will only work with a LITTLE blending in the RCB. If you blend in TOO much, they will oscillate, yes. They only provide a BIT of stability. Lightly punching the chest will show that it recovers better with them on.

The real trick would be to enable a motion for major recovery, like actually stepping back. I have them blended into the leg servos to varying degrees and they work pretty good.

I FINALLY got the additional 3DOF and am waiting to install them before I do a lot more work. They will change the CoG a lot.
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1