RCB3 alternative wireless controller

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

RCB3 alternative wireless controller

Post by Orac » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Orac
Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have the Hotproceed TEC-1 RCB3 to Playstation 2 interface board though this morning.

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2007/04/pr ... wirel.html

It actually arrived before my wireless PS2 controller bought from the UK !!. I am using a normal wired one for now.

I plugged the board into the PS2 controller and then into the low speed port on the RCB3. turned it all on and ran H2H. Now when you are in the table view and hit the recieve button, it captures the keypress from the controller and assigns it to your selected move.

Now all I am waiting for is the Hotproceed PS2 to Wife controller so that I can get her to respond to simple commands :)

Fantastic
Hi,

I have the Hotproceed TEC-1 RCB3 to Playstation 2 interface board though this morning.

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2007/04/pr ... wirel.html

It actually arrived before my wireless PS2 controller bought from the UK !!. I am using a normal wired one for now.

I plugged the board into the PS2 controller and then into the low speed port on the RCB3. turned it all on and ran H2H. Now when you are in the table view and hit the recieve button, it captures the keypress from the controller and assigns it to your selected move.

Now all I am waiting for is the Hotproceed PS2 to Wife controller so that I can get her to respond to simple commands :)

Fantastic
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ray » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Ray
Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:08 pm

For those who know electronics, it is the web site describing the PS2 Controller characteristics:

http://sophiateam.undrgnd.free.fr/psx/index.html

you can make you own system :wink:
For those who know electronics, it is the web site describing the PS2 Controller characteristics:

http://sophiateam.undrgnd.free.fr/psx/index.html

you can make you own system :wink:
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Sat May 05, 2007 1:49 am

Post by Orac
Sat May 05, 2007 1:49 am

Don't laugh, i have put a video of some testing of the Tec-1 on Youtube

Just need to sort out the home position now he has a bit more weight on his back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxE50tj7Ufk
Don't laugh, i have put a video of some testing of the Tec-1 on Youtube

Just need to sort out the home position now he has a bit more weight on his back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxE50tj7Ufk
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 am

Post by tempusmaster
Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 am

Looks good. Trim up the home position and it should be great.

I really like your safety strap approach. :D
Looks good. Trim up the home position and it should be great.

I really like your safety strap approach. :D
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Orac » Sat May 05, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Orac
Sat May 05, 2007 9:55 am

Thanks, I must admit, I followed the latest calibration pictures for the Manoi but some stock routines still fail.

I think that for some of Dr Guy's moves he must have a slightly different home position.

I will try to make the home position as good as I can get it and then adjust the moves slightly for my robot, not the other way round. It might mean less compatability with other users but I have spent 2 weeks trying to get the trim right using the correct process. Time to start making my own moves :)

The poor quality of the video's will continue. I have a very addictive personality, if I try to master Adobe Premier, I will be sucked away from robots into the mysterious land of video editing very quickly :D
Thanks, I must admit, I followed the latest calibration pictures for the Manoi but some stock routines still fail.

I think that for some of Dr Guy's moves he must have a slightly different home position.

I will try to make the home position as good as I can get it and then adjust the moves slightly for my robot, not the other way round. It might mean less compatability with other users but I have spent 2 weeks trying to get the trim right using the correct process. Time to start making my own moves :)

The poor quality of the video's will continue. I have a very addictive personality, if I try to master Adobe Premier, I will be sucked away from robots into the mysterious land of video editing very quickly :D
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 am

Post by tempusmaster
Sat May 05, 2007 10:24 am

Orac wrote:Thanks, I must admit, I followed the latest calibration pictures for the Manoi but some stock routines still fail.

Getting the home position setup correctly takes some practice, and is hard to do when you're working by yourself, especially since you are usually very close to the robot so the perspective tends to be distorted a little. The same thing happens when you try to hang a picture on the wall by yourself, then step back and see that it's a little tilted one way or the other. Only in this case we're working in three dimensions.

The other problem is that home position adjustments are made with the robot fully extended, but affect it's performance throughout the servo ranges.

If you understand how to create links in H2H3 (they are extremely useful and worth studying), then setup one to do a 'squat'. Here's a short version-

1- Create a link, name it 'Squat' - or anything you like and can remember.
2- Set the leg pitch channels -

CH12: MOV(10)
CH13: MOV(20)
CH14: MOV(10)

CH18: MOV(10)
CH19: MOV(20)
CH20: MOV(10)

3- Save the link.

When you think you have the home position set correctly, then use the link along with the red/blue arrows to make the robot squat down and back up evenly.

If the body stays vertical along both the pitch and roll axis as it goes up and down, then the home position is probably okay. If it tilts back/forth/sideways or any combination, then the home position is off, and you can usually tell by the tilt where it needs to be adjusted.

The video quality is basically okay. The main improvements I would suggest would be more light, and plenty of it. A tripod would help also, but isn't absolutely necessary.

Good luck!
Orac wrote:Thanks, I must admit, I followed the latest calibration pictures for the Manoi but some stock routines still fail.

Getting the home position setup correctly takes some practice, and is hard to do when you're working by yourself, especially since you are usually very close to the robot so the perspective tends to be distorted a little. The same thing happens when you try to hang a picture on the wall by yourself, then step back and see that it's a little tilted one way or the other. Only in this case we're working in three dimensions.

The other problem is that home position adjustments are made with the robot fully extended, but affect it's performance throughout the servo ranges.

If you understand how to create links in H2H3 (they are extremely useful and worth studying), then setup one to do a 'squat'. Here's a short version-

1- Create a link, name it 'Squat' - or anything you like and can remember.
2- Set the leg pitch channels -

CH12: MOV(10)
CH13: MOV(20)
CH14: MOV(10)

CH18: MOV(10)
CH19: MOV(20)
CH20: MOV(10)

3- Save the link.

When you think you have the home position set correctly, then use the link along with the red/blue arrows to make the robot squat down and back up evenly.

If the body stays vertical along both the pitch and roll axis as it goes up and down, then the home position is probably okay. If it tilts back/forth/sideways or any combination, then the home position is off, and you can usually tell by the tilt where it needs to be adjusted.

The video quality is basically okay. The main improvements I would suggest would be more light, and plenty of it. A tripod would help also, but isn't absolutely necessary.

Good luck!
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1