Manoi. Some newbie questions.

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

Manoi. Some newbie questions.

Post by logicerror » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by logicerror
Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Greetings everyone.

We've just got a Manoi in our company, and the funniest thing about it is that we haven't any documentation, software and stuff. I surfed the web for some information, most of the resources are in japanese. We have experience with the RCB3 board, and h2h j3 english works fine. There are some basic movements inside the manoi, we downloaded them and saved. The home position isn't correct i guess, cause it keeps falling everytime. Could anybody direct me to some english manoi documentation, at least some pictures of how the home position should look like.

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin.
Greetings everyone.

We've just got a Manoi in our company, and the funniest thing about it is that we haven't any documentation, software and stuff. I surfed the web for some information, most of the resources are in japanese. We have experience with the RCB3 board, and h2h j3 english works fine. There are some basic movements inside the manoi, we downloaded them and saved. The home position isn't correct i guess, cause it keeps falling everytime. Could anybody direct me to some english manoi documentation, at least some pictures of how the home position should look like.

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin.
logicerror offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Robo1 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Robo1
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi there

have you read the KHR-2 Docs. it's not the same robot but it has a lot of info that is the same for both bots.

Bren
Hi there

have you read the KHR-2 Docs. it's not the same robot but it has a lot of info that is the same for both bots.

Bren
Robo1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi, there are lots of posts here by Tempusmaster that will help you along, just search the manoi forum for his username.

Also, you could stick this website into Google translator

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/robo ... ition.html

The home position is very tricky and I never managed it 100%.

After months of trying, I just gave up and got it as near as I could and modified or created my own moves to get him doing things.

English docs are here although its a bad transslation

http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

My posting is about half way down with the link

Good luck
Hi, there are lots of posts here by Tempusmaster that will help you along, just search the manoi forum for his username.

Also, you could stick this website into Google translator

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/robo ... ition.html

The home position is very tricky and I never managed it 100%.

After months of trying, I just gave up and got it as near as I could and modified or created my own moves to get him doing things.

English docs are here although its a bad transslation

http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

My posting is about half way down with the link

Good luck
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Manoi. Some newbie questions.

Post by tempusmaster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:43 pm

logicerror wrote:Greetings everyone.

We've just got a Manoi in our company, and the funniest thing about it is that we haven't any documentation, software and stuff.

You should get your money back. The MANOI comes with a complete manual (about 150 or so pages), copies of the software, and sample motions.
I surfed the web for some information, most of the resources are in japanese.

Yes, all the documentation and official information is only in Japanese.

The first place you want to go is the Kyosho MANOI website. It includes downloadable copies of the manuals (hardware and software), extensive setup procedures, lots of sample motions, and lots more.

We have experience with the RCB3 board, and h2h j3 english works fine.

H2H3J will work okay with the AT01 as long as you just try the basic functions and don't try to get very sophisticated. It's probably enough for most users, though personally I prefer the full H2H3 version.
There are some basic movements inside the manoi, we downloaded them and saved. The home position isn't correct i guess, cause it keeps falling everytime.

You don't mention if you have the AT01 or the PF01, and if you assembled it from the kit, or it came already assembled. One thing that people sometimes overlook are the steps in the setup procedure that reverse some of the servos.

It would be helpful if you could upload a video of what's happening to YouTube. The 'falling down' could be any one of a number of things, and it's really hard to guess from your description.

Could anybody direct me to some english manoi documentation, at least some pictures of how the home position should look like.

For English material, you can check out the MANOI category on Robots Dreams, and also visit the Botconnect website. For pictures of the home position and the detailed setup, the best resource is the Kyosho website, as Orac mentioned above.
logicerror wrote:Greetings everyone.

We've just got a Manoi in our company, and the funniest thing about it is that we haven't any documentation, software and stuff.

You should get your money back. The MANOI comes with a complete manual (about 150 or so pages), copies of the software, and sample motions.
I surfed the web for some information, most of the resources are in japanese.

Yes, all the documentation and official information is only in Japanese.

The first place you want to go is the Kyosho MANOI website. It includes downloadable copies of the manuals (hardware and software), extensive setup procedures, lots of sample motions, and lots more.

We have experience with the RCB3 board, and h2h j3 english works fine.

H2H3J will work okay with the AT01 as long as you just try the basic functions and don't try to get very sophisticated. It's probably enough for most users, though personally I prefer the full H2H3 version.
There are some basic movements inside the manoi, we downloaded them and saved. The home position isn't correct i guess, cause it keeps falling everytime.

You don't mention if you have the AT01 or the PF01, and if you assembled it from the kit, or it came already assembled. One thing that people sometimes overlook are the steps in the setup procedure that reverse some of the servos.

It would be helpful if you could upload a video of what's happening to YouTube. The 'falling down' could be any one of a number of things, and it's really hard to guess from your description.

Could anybody direct me to some english manoi documentation, at least some pictures of how the home position should look like.

For English material, you can check out the MANOI category on Robots Dreams, and also visit the Botconnect website. For pictures of the home position and the detailed setup, the best resource is the Kyosho website, as Orac mentioned above.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by logicerror » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:50 am

Post by logicerror
Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:50 am

Thank you all for replying. Yes, i forgot to mention - we've got the PF01 model, but we didn't pay any money for it. It's just that a man here in russia got this robot, broke it and lost all the documentation and software. We're trying to reanimate it. Seems that some servos (head, and right shoulder) aren't working at all. I will try to translate their official website, thanks for the suggestions. Will keep you notified if I get more problems, and maybe upload some vids.

Thanks,
Konstantin.

P.S. Nobody mentioned if h2hj3 will work ok with pf01. Oh and assembly was probably done by that guy who broke it ;)
Thank you all for replying. Yes, i forgot to mention - we've got the PF01 model, but we didn't pay any money for it. It's just that a man here in russia got this robot, broke it and lost all the documentation and software. We're trying to reanimate it. Seems that some servos (head, and right shoulder) aren't working at all. I will try to translate their official website, thanks for the suggestions. Will keep you notified if I get more problems, and maybe upload some vids.

Thanks,
Konstantin.

P.S. Nobody mentioned if h2hj3 will work ok with pf01. Oh and assembly was probably done by that guy who broke it ;)
logicerror offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Home position for manoi

Post by cherlasr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:36 am

Post by cherlasr
Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:36 am

I have some motions. with me.if u give ur mail id i can forward u...
I have some motions. with me.if u give ur mail id i can forward u...
cherlasr offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1