Manoi PF01. Assembly and reverse...?

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

Manoi PF01. Assembly and reverse...?

Post by logicerror » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:22 am

Post by logicerror
Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:22 am

Hi once again. So I finally got the Manoi working, changed two servos in its hands. Everything seems okay. Got the home position right (from the pics on the off. website). Next, I've downloaded some motions from their site, trying to make them play, and I've noticed that one side of the bot moves fine, the other one in reverse. Left hand and leg is working okay, right are reversed, so I don't get the right motion.

There were some motions already in the data table, walking forward, backward and turning. They work fine. So anybody has any idea? What's the problem? Are the motions on the official website wrong, or are the motions in the data table wrong? If the off. site is right, where do I set reverse for the right hand and leg servos? (h2hj3)

P.S. The bot came to us from a man, who smoked two servos in its hands. It is possible, that he made him walk like that, and didn't try the official motions.

Thanks.
Hi once again. So I finally got the Manoi working, changed two servos in its hands. Everything seems okay. Got the home position right (from the pics on the off. website). Next, I've downloaded some motions from their site, trying to make them play, and I've noticed that one side of the bot moves fine, the other one in reverse. Left hand and leg is working okay, right are reversed, so I don't get the right motion.

There were some motions already in the data table, walking forward, backward and turning. They work fine. So anybody has any idea? What's the problem? Are the motions on the official website wrong, or are the motions in the data table wrong? If the off. site is right, where do I set reverse for the right hand and leg servos? (h2hj3)

P.S. The bot came to us from a man, who smoked two servos in its hands. It is possible, that he made him walk like that, and didn't try the official motions.

Thanks.
logicerror offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by logicerror » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by logicerror
Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Okay guys, I got it all done. Read the japanese manual, there were some nice images about reverse.

If anybody is interested in the solution:
1. Go to the options (top menu) dialog in H2H3J. In the group of checkboxes called ICS, check channels 6, 7, 12, 13 and 14. Close the options dialog.

2. Open the ICS dialog (top menu) and click the read button. You'll be prompted to reset your controller. Click ok. Switch off and on the controller without closing the dialog box. Click read again. The channes will have some parameters.

3. Open each channel one by one, and set Reverse to ON. Close the dialog box. You are done.

ATTENTION! Your home position isn't right anymore, so you'll have to calibrate it again. I almost smoked a servo while doing that. The sync check could help you here. Uncheck the sync, open any position dialog. Set all channes to NONE and save as your home position.

Next. Open that position again, select channel 1, set to free, click the FR option to get a value, then set to SERVO. And one by one you should get all your servos working. Scroll them down one by one to position 0. If it's a critical state for the current servo, then stop scrolling, save as home position. Open the trim dialog, trim that servo back a little, open the home position again and keep scrolling until you've reached 0.

I had trouble setting all servos together, so I recommend you set them one by one, it's more safe. Once you got all 0's in the POS, save as home position. Open the trim dialog, trim the servos until you got the home position right, comparing to the pictures in the manual.

That's it, now try some motions from the official website!

Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia ;)

Oh, I got all the motions right, except for standing front, standing back and pushup (the final part). I guess it's because I'm plugging 9V to the controller... Haven't tried 11 yet, no time.

Thanks everyone. Good luck!
Okay guys, I got it all done. Read the japanese manual, there were some nice images about reverse.

If anybody is interested in the solution:
1. Go to the options (top menu) dialog in H2H3J. In the group of checkboxes called ICS, check channels 6, 7, 12, 13 and 14. Close the options dialog.

2. Open the ICS dialog (top menu) and click the read button. You'll be prompted to reset your controller. Click ok. Switch off and on the controller without closing the dialog box. Click read again. The channes will have some parameters.

3. Open each channel one by one, and set Reverse to ON. Close the dialog box. You are done.

ATTENTION! Your home position isn't right anymore, so you'll have to calibrate it again. I almost smoked a servo while doing that. The sync check could help you here. Uncheck the sync, open any position dialog. Set all channes to NONE and save as your home position.

Next. Open that position again, select channel 1, set to free, click the FR option to get a value, then set to SERVO. And one by one you should get all your servos working. Scroll them down one by one to position 0. If it's a critical state for the current servo, then stop scrolling, save as home position. Open the trim dialog, trim that servo back a little, open the home position again and keep scrolling until you've reached 0.

I had trouble setting all servos together, so I recommend you set them one by one, it's more safe. Once you got all 0's in the POS, save as home position. Open the trim dialog, trim the servos until you got the home position right, comparing to the pictures in the manual.

That's it, now try some motions from the official website!

Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia ;)

Oh, I got all the motions right, except for standing front, standing back and pushup (the final part). I guess it's because I'm plugging 9V to the controller... Haven't tried 11 yet, no time.

Thanks everyone. Good luck!
logicerror offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by limor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

Post by limor
Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

thanks for the info!
thanks for the info!
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by logicerror » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 am

Post by logicerror
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 am

limor, no probs.

I've also managed to get the gyro working, but once installed all my moves went wrong, most of them got crazy speed.. I dont really know why, but I had to reprogram all of them to get them okay.. (ones from the official website), so if you plan to get your gyro working, I think you should do it before programming your motions.. BTW, it walks better with the gyro, and the SQUATS moves helped me alot setting the offset.
limor, no probs.

I've also managed to get the gyro working, but once installed all my moves went wrong, most of them got crazy speed.. I dont really know why, but I had to reprogram all of them to get them okay.. (ones from the official website), so if you plan to get your gyro working, I think you should do it before programming your motions.. BTW, it walks better with the gyro, and the SQUATS moves helped me alot setting the offset.
logicerror offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Orac » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by Orac
Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 pm

I eventually gave up trying to get the home position right and just tweaked the stock moves a bit.

I have the gyro's installed fine and didn't need to do anything other than adjusting the amount of feedback.

Too much and it starts shaking.

I have bought some Lipo's from ebay + a charger as the Manoi battery is pretty poor. I was using a good bench power supply and a cable to power it while programming, etc, but I found that as the battery was poor, when the routines were run without the cable they were poorly executed compared to working from the PSU.

Using the Lipo's, its as if its connected up to the PSU and it lasts 3 times as long.
I eventually gave up trying to get the home position right and just tweaked the stock moves a bit.

I have the gyro's installed fine and didn't need to do anything other than adjusting the amount of feedback.

Too much and it starts shaking.

I have bought some Lipo's from ebay + a charger as the Manoi battery is pretty poor. I was using a good bench power supply and a cable to power it while programming, etc, but I found that as the battery was poor, when the routines were run without the cable they were poorly executed compared to working from the PSU.

Using the Lipo's, its as if its connected up to the PSU and it lasts 3 times as long.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by logicerror » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 am

Post by logicerror
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 am

Oh, great. Need to try that.
Thanks!
Oh, great. Need to try that.
Thanks!
logicerror offline
Robot Builder