Manoi Home position slip

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Manoi Home position slip

Post by Orac » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by Orac
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Hi, during the football session a few weeks back, the Manoi suddenly started to fall over after every step.

Couldn't get him to walk at all. Finally I have managed to get a little quality time with him and had a look for broken servos, loose brackets, hairline cracks, etc but found nothing.

I adjusted the home settings on H2H to bring it back to normal and its now working fine again. two servos needed a fairly major adjustment.

Has anyone seen slipping on the servos before, or is there some way that a power surge could have afected the ICS parameters somehow?

Thanks
Hi, during the football session a few weeks back, the Manoi suddenly started to fall over after every step.

Couldn't get him to walk at all. Finally I have managed to get a little quality time with him and had a look for broken servos, loose brackets, hairline cracks, etc but found nothing.

I adjusted the home settings on H2H to bring it back to normal and its now working fine again. two servos needed a fairly major adjustment.

Has anyone seen slipping on the servos before, or is there some way that a power surge could have afected the ICS parameters somehow?

Thanks
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Manoi Home position slip

Post by tempusmaster » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:27 pm

Orac wrote:Hi, during the football session a few weeks back, the Manoi suddenly started to fall over after every step.

Thanks

Do you recall which servos needed the adjustment, and how much they were off?
Orac wrote:Hi, during the football session a few weeks back, the Manoi suddenly started to fall over after every step.

Thanks

Do you recall which servos needed the adjustment, and how much they were off?
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Orac » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi,

Servo 12 was about 13 units out.

Servo 13 was about 5 units out.

Not a massive amout of difference, but enough to stop it walking. Seem to happen all at once which makes me suspect it may have had a knock on one leg.

Thanks
Hi,

Not a massive amout of difference, but enough to stop it walking. Seem to happen all at once which makes me suspect it may have had a knock on one leg.

Thanks
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Orac wrote:Hi,

Thanks

You're probably right. That's not much of a shift, and could have been caused by a fall or sudden impact.
Orac wrote:Hi,

Thanks

You're probably right. That's not much of a shift, and could have been caused by a fall or sudden impact.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1