TEC-3 / REV-1 + Wireless PS2 Controller for MANOI AT01

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

TEC-3 / REV-1 + Wireless PS2 Controller for MANOI AT01

Post by IgorT » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 am

Post by IgorT
Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 am

Since i'm getting a MANOI AT01 i was also planning on buying Kondo's remote for over $300...

But then i found out about the wonderful TEC-3 and REV-1 circuits allowing the use of cheap PS2 controllers to drive the robot remotelly at a much lower cost...

But i have a few questions:
- Which board is meant for RCB3 in MANOI? (From research i believe TEC-3)

- Does this combination with an RCB3 in MANOI allow "analog" controls? Like the more i push the joystick forward the faster the robot tries to go (if i program it that way of course - does RCB3 in MANOI know the difference between a direction being applied and how much it's being applied)? This information is poorly explained at least in Google Translations of the manufacturers webpage.
It says: "TEC-3 RCB-3J can be used to, but not the analog control."

- Does MANOI AT01 use RCB-3HV or RCB-3J? What is the difference anyway?

- Would a MANOI RCB-3 require a firmware upgrade to work with TEC-3? Someone on this forum said they can't use TEC-3 cos they don't have the latest firmware in their RCB-3... Is this true?

Also, i saw that some combinations such as TEC-3 + KHR-3HV require the use of a KRI-3 module which normally comes with the $300 remote...
- Is KRI-3 required just for that combination or for the MANOI AT01 + TEC-3 as well?

- Where can one get a KRI-3 modula alone (if it's required)?

Thanks!
Since i'm getting a MANOI AT01 i was also planning on buying Kondo's remote for over $300...

But then i found out about the wonderful TEC-3 and REV-1 circuits allowing the use of cheap PS2 controllers to drive the robot remotelly at a much lower cost...

But i have a few questions:
- Which board is meant for RCB3 in MANOI? (From research i believe TEC-3)

- Does this combination with an RCB3 in MANOI allow "analog" controls? Like the more i push the joystick forward the faster the robot tries to go (if i program it that way of course - does RCB3 in MANOI know the difference between a direction being applied and how much it's being applied)? This information is poorly explained at least in Google Translations of the manufacturers webpage.
It says: "TEC-3 RCB-3J can be used to, but not the analog control."

- Does MANOI AT01 use RCB-3HV or RCB-3J? What is the difference anyway?

- Would a MANOI RCB-3 require a firmware upgrade to work with TEC-3? Someone on this forum said they can't use TEC-3 cos they don't have the latest firmware in their RCB-3... Is this true?

Also, i saw that some combinations such as TEC-3 + KHR-3HV require the use of a KRI-3 module which normally comes with the $300 remote...
- Is KRI-3 required just for that combination or for the MANOI AT01 + TEC-3 as well?

- Where can one get a KRI-3 modula alone (if it's required)?

Thanks!
IgorT offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1