Manoi available for sale at RoboSavvy

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
37 postsPage 2 of 31, 2, 3

Post by xubxero » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by xubxero
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:05 pm

srobot wrote:Hi,
rep001 are you a resercher or part of a school or are thay selling them to the publike??!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

thanks
--srobot

i want to know that too... cause i really want one of those lil dudes :?
srobot wrote:Hi,
rep001 are you a resercher or part of a school or are thay selling them to the publike??!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

thanks
--srobot

i want to know that too... cause i really want one of those lil dudes :?
xubxero offline

Post by slashsplat » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by slashsplat
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:39 pm

Kyosho wants to INSURE that they are not requested for assistance that they are not prepared to provide. Since the assembly docs are in Japanese, an English will have some challenges. They want people who have an internal support mechanism and understand that Kyosho and the vendor will NOT be there with English translations and hand-holding.

We are a commercial software house specializing in communications software, and have the hardware expertise to work through the challenges internally. We are involved in research.

There is VERY LITTLE forum info available to assist this effort, also, making it more difficult. If you want to get one now, convince the vendor that you will NOT be asking for help when the instructions (in Japanese) lead you astray. If you have already build a KONDO robot, this should be easy. Having built any other will make it less difficult.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Kyosho wants to INSURE that they are not requested for assistance that they are not prepared to provide. Since the assembly docs are in Japanese, an English will have some challenges. They want people who have an internal support mechanism and understand that Kyosho and the vendor will NOT be there with English translations and hand-holding.

We are a commercial software house specializing in communications software, and have the hardware expertise to work through the challenges internally. We are involved in research.

There is VERY LITTLE forum info available to assist this effort, also, making it more difficult. If you want to get one now, convince the vendor that you will NOT be asking for help when the instructions (in Japanese) lead you astray. If you have already build a KONDO robot, this should be easy. Having built any other will make it less difficult.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Robo1 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by Robo1
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:21 pm

When I had a look at this product it's virtully the same as a KHR-2 but with different servos so it shouldn't be to difficult. Plus KONDO have released the english manual so you could use that as a reference to.

I personal don't rate this bot. I have a KHR-2 and find the plastic brackets to be S**T two of them have broken already and the whole robot flex's. Complared to the metal brackets of other robots this isn't a very good standard. I'm considering either rebuilding using KHR-1 brackets for using the servos in a different project, maybe a hexapod.

bren
When I had a look at this product it's virtully the same as a KHR-2 but with different servos so it shouldn't be to difficult. Plus KONDO have released the english manual so you could use that as a reference to.

I personal don't rate this bot. I have a KHR-2 and find the plastic brackets to be S**T two of them have broken already and the whole robot flex's. Complared to the metal brackets of other robots this isn't a very good standard. I'm considering either rebuilding using KHR-1 brackets for using the servos in a different project, maybe a hexapod.

bren
Robo1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

brackets

Post by slashsplat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:30 am

Post by slashsplat
Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:30 am

That is one thing that should be much improved on the MANOI. The brackets are pretty substantial. And not flimsy stamped aluminum.

I am really wanting to build a hexapod, but do not have time. The tripod gait is intriguing. I saw a forest clearing machine on the Disc. Channel that had six HUGE legs and a modified gait. It was awesome. Grabbed trees, cut them and laid them down trimmed. I recorded it and wanted to study the weird gait. It moved incrementally and pretty smoothly but REAL SLOW.
That is one thing that should be much improved on the MANOI. The brackets are pretty substantial. And not flimsy stamped aluminum.

I am really wanting to build a hexapod, but do not have time. The tripod gait is intriguing. I saw a forest clearing machine on the Disc. Channel that had six HUGE legs and a modified gait. It was awesome. Grabbed trees, cut them and laid them down trimmed. I recorded it and wanted to study the weird gait. It moved incrementally and pretty smoothly but REAL SLOW.
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by rep001
Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:40 pm

Thought i would post a pic of my new Manoi in the nude.I think he looks like a cowboy with that head bracket.Really enjoyed putting him together and i will be posting some step by step pics and notes soon as i have a chance.I have put some simply motions together as well but am still learning obvioulsy. be back soon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you ALL !!!!
Thought i would post a pic of my new Manoi in the nude.I think he looks like a cowboy with that head bracket.Really enjoyed putting him together and i will be posting some step by step pics and notes soon as i have a chance.I have put some simply motions together as well but am still learning obvioulsy. be back soon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you ALL !!!!
staying alive....
The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

rep...

Post by slashsplat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:09 pm

I will be glad to enhance your notes as I assemble mine. Should be here next week. Send me the rough and I will edit and refine. I do a lot of docs... But I do NOT read Japanese...

AND where is the pic???
I will be glad to enhance your notes as I assemble mine. Should be here next week. Send me the rough and I will edit and refine. I do a lot of docs... But I do NOT read Japanese...

AND where is the pic???
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by srobot » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:01 am

Post by srobot
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:01 am

Hi,

slashsplat wrote:If you want to get one now, convince the vendor that you will NOT be asking for help when the instructions (in Japanese) lead you astray.

Great idea!!

Like I said else ware I hope to get one in spring 2007 (two more hours!).

thanks
--srobot
Hi,

slashsplat wrote:If you want to get one now, convince the vendor that you will NOT be asking for help when the instructions (in Japanese) lead you astray.

Great idea!!

Like I said else ware I hope to get one in spring 2007 (two more hours!).

thanks
--srobot
srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by rep001
Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:06 pm

OoOOpOpPpSS !

Maybe started on the New Year Celebrations a tad early.

I have set the Home position and written it to the board ,now he will return to home pos when switched on.
:D :D :D
OoOOpOpPpSS !

Maybe started on the New Year Celebrations a tad early.

I have set the Home position and written it to the board ,now he will return to home pos when switched on.
:D :D :D
staying alive....
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:12 pm

Post by slashsplat
Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:12 pm

rep001 wrote:...
... :D :D :D

What kind of file is this? OOPS, FireFox just does not know what to do with it. I opened it in MS IE and it was a cool picture.

REP001, I have mine structurally assembled as of 4:30am... That was a long 8 hours. But I have no idea what I was doing. Running the English ver of H2H3 and zero'd the servos. Have yet to power up with all connected. That is for tomorrow. Was not as bad as I expected. More to come.
rep001 wrote:...
... :D :D :D

What kind of file is this? OOPS, FireFox just does not know what to do with it. I opened it in MS IE and it was a cool picture.

REP001, I have mine structurally assembled as of 4:30am... That was a long 8 hours. But I have no idea what I was doing. Running the English ver of H2H3 and zero'd the servos. Have yet to power up with all connected. That is for tomorrow. Was not as bad as I expected. More to come.
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by rep001
Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:31 pm

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/rep001/Fu ... 0paint.jpg

Splashsplat, this takes a while to cut out but worth it . Looking forward to finishing off with some colour then writting up the notes and learning to put some moves together.
how you getting along there :?
http://robosavvy.com/Builders/rep001/Fu ... 0paint.jpg

Splashsplat, this takes a while to cut out but worth it . Looking forward to finishing off with some colour then writting up the notes and learning to put some moves together.
how you getting along there :?
staying alive....
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:11 am

Post by slashsplat
Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:11 am

rep001 wrote:this takes a while to cut out but worth it...

Just finished doing the ROUGH cut on the lexan. What a pain. The diagrams are marginal. Your picture is FANTASTIC and perfect timing. What did you use for the final cutting???

(I haven't touched anything on the bot other than that all day... Really want to work on the setup, but gonna watch the Bitchin' Houswives for a hoot!)
rep001 wrote:this takes a while to cut out but worth it...

Just finished doing the ROUGH cut on the lexan. What a pain. The diagrams are marginal. Your picture is FANTASTIC and perfect timing. What did you use for the final cutting???

(I haven't touched anything on the bot other than that all day... Really want to work on the setup, but gonna watch the Bitchin' Houswives for a hoot!)
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by rep001
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks !
I used curved modellers scissors to cut as close to the lines as possible then a scalpel handle no.3 (Swan Morton) to suit no.10 blade (Same) and cut the rest by hand SLOWLY.
There are a couple of rough areas but will retrim when i have sprayed and then peeled off the protective outer film.
Thanks !
I used curved modellers scissors to cut as close to the lines as possible then a scalpel handle no.3 (Swan Morton) to suit no.10 blade (Same) and cut the rest by hand SLOWLY.
There are a couple of rough areas but will retrim when i have sprayed and then peeled off the protective outer film.
staying alive....
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulP » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:32 pm

Post by PaulP
Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:32 pm

splashsplat / rep001

could one of you possibly post an image of the manoi without the plastic shells fitted please...

Ignore the above request, just found one.

Can someone explain the difference between Kyosho and Kondo as the Manoi seems to be riddled with Kondo bits.
splashsplat / rep001

could one of you possibly post an image of the manoi without the plastic shells fitted please...

Can someone explain the difference between Kyosho and Kondo as the Manoi seems to be riddled with Kondo bits.
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:17 am

Post by tempusmaster
Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:17 am

PaulP wrote:splashsplat / rep001

Here's a short article that explains the MANOI AT01 development background and the connection between Kyosho and Kondo. The print version, if you can locate a copy, is much longer and more detailed.

The MANOI PF01, which will hit store shelves in April also uses Kondo 4000 series servos and the RCB3 controller, though the frame design and body shells are considerably different.
PaulP wrote:splashsplat / rep001

Here's a short article that explains the MANOI AT01 development background and the connection between Kyosho and Kondo. The print version, if you can locate a copy, is much longer and more detailed.

The MANOI PF01, which will hit store shelves in April also uses Kondo 4000 series servos and the RCB3 controller, though the frame design and body shells are considerably different.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulP » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by PaulP
Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Okay, a couple of questions.

Is the firmware on an RCB3 upgradeable?

Is the firmware on Manoi and KHR-1HV the same?

What is the link just below the servo 1 connection for?

I get the impression from some of the Robot manufacturers sites that their philosophy is that the end product of the kit is not all these robots are supposed to be. They appear to be manufactured with the intention that some people will take them further. Am I right in thinking this? and if so, are Kondo and other manufacturers approachable?
Okay, a couple of questions.

Is the firmware on an RCB3 upgradeable?

Is the firmware on Manoi and KHR-1HV the same?

What is the link just below the servo 1 connection for?

I get the impression from some of the Robot manufacturers sites that their philosophy is that the end product of the kit is not all these robots are supposed to be. They appear to be manufactured with the intention that some people will take them further. Am I right in thinking this? and if so, are Kondo and other manufacturers approachable?
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

PreviousNext
PreviousNext