Assembling my MANOI...

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
26 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
26 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Post by rep001 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:44 am

Post by rep001
Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:44 am

so when you click the home (house) icon does he stand straight to home mode,and when you switch on/off does the same happen yet ??
so when you click the home (house) icon does he stand straight to home mode,and when you switch on/off does the same happen yet ??
staying alive....
The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:48 am

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:48 am

tempusmaster wrote:There are a lot of motion files created by Shiroma, Dr. GIY, and Kyosho on this page:
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/robot/motion/motion-at01-02.html
A couple words of warning...

I think I got all of them and used WinRAR to un LZH them. WinZip choked. Renamed the files and went in with a file editor and Regular Expression to change all of the J. "name=" to "CURBEExx" where xx is the item number frmo the previous line. (CURBEE is the name of this Bot, as my company is Curbstone.com) I have wound up with a LOT of files and have no idea where, who, or what, and little way to do a file compare...

Once I figger out what they do, I will name appropriately and post back. Where would be a good place for a definitive library of RCB files for MANOI? Could we get a dedicated download area here?
tempusmaster wrote:There are a lot of motion files created by Shiroma, Dr. GIY, and Kyosho on this page:
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/robot/motion/motion-at01-02.html
A couple words of warning...

I think I got all of them and used WinRAR to un LZH them. WinZip choked. Renamed the files and went in with a file editor and Regular Expression to change all of the J. "name=" to "CURBEExx" where xx is the item number frmo the previous line. (CURBEE is the name of this Bot, as my company is Curbstone.com) I have wound up with a LOT of files and have no idea where, who, or what, and little way to do a file compare...

Once I figger out what they do, I will name appropriately and post back. Where would be a good place for a definitive library of RCB files for MANOI? Could we get a dedicated download area here?
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:55 am

Post by rep001
Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:55 am

I Tthink that when the reshaped site is launched Limor has plans for a dedicated area for codes etc.
forgive my question ,I am a little confussed as to the efforts you went to converting the jap files.I simply changed the prefixed name with my own and ended in .RCB forgive this simply observation but i am keen to know if i have missed a trick ??
any luck with the home pos on startup etc .
I Tthink that when the reshaped site is launched Limor has plans for a dedicated area for codes etc.
forgive my question ,I am a little confussed as to the efforts you went to converting the jap files.I simply changed the prefixed name with my own and ended in .RCB forgive this simply observation but i am keen to know if i have missed a trick ??
any luck with the home pos on startup etc .
staying alive....
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Assembling my MANOI...

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 am

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 am

tempusmaster wrote:...Also, Kyosho just posted a revised version of the manual on the AT01 website earlier today. I haven't had a chance to scan through it yet.

I just started and am finding that it IS newer. They do not bother to put a REVISION number on them - IN ARABIC NUMBERS or DATES.
Starting on Page 20, I see an additional note. The damned thing is that the PDF will NOT allow to COPY from it so I can xlate the stupid J. that I cannot read... Gee, that would be valuable. I am not sure it is worth the exercise at this point... I will check the software area, as that is where I am currently banging my head.

UPDATE!
If you DO hilite the text, the PDF will allow a "Contextual Search." Do that and then copy and paste the SEARCH field into the translator!! I am using http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
tempusmaster wrote:...Also, Kyosho just posted a revised version of the manual on the AT01 website earlier today. I haven't had a chance to scan through it yet.

I just started and am finding that it IS newer. They do not bother to put a REVISION number on them - IN ARABIC NUMBERS or DATES.
Starting on Page 20, I see an additional note. The damned thing is that the PDF will NOT allow to COPY from it so I can xlate the stupid J. that I cannot read... Gee, that would be valuable. I am not sure it is worth the exercise at this point... I will check the software area, as that is where I am currently banging my head.

UPDATE!
If you DO hilite the text, the PDF will allow a "Contextual Search." Do that and then copy and paste the SEARCH field into the translator!! I am using http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by srobot » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:26 am

Post by srobot
Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:26 am

slashsplat wrote:I am using http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

I use that one too, its the most accurate Japanese to English translater that I've found.

--srobot
slashsplat wrote:I am using http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

I use that one too, its the most accurate Japanese to English translater that I've found.

--srobot
Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo. The power that's needed!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level
srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

UPDATE

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:17 pm

All is well in Georgia. "Curbee" the MANOI (my company is Curbstone Corporation) is cooking. I reversed the servos according to the standard manual (xlation was little help, just follow the pix) and he runs the routines.

I am cutting out the body parts and waiting for five colors of paint to arrive from Testors. They make the Pactra lexan paint. I got the 3oz spray cans called "Racing Finish" Pactra Lacquer. The numbers are like RC-250 to RC-294. I think these are the right ones. I don't do model painting, so this is new to me. I considered getting a cheap airbrush which I do know how to use, but didn't want to waste time mixing paint/solvent.
All is well in Georgia. "Curbee" the MANOI (my company is Curbstone Corporation) is cooking. I reversed the servos according to the standard manual (xlation was little help, just follow the pix) and he runs the routines.

I am cutting out the body parts and waiting for five colors of paint to arrive from Testors. They make the Pactra lexan paint. I got the 3oz spray cans called "Racing Finish" Pactra Lacquer. The numbers are like RC-250 to RC-294. I think these are the right ones. I don't do model painting, so this is new to me. I considered getting a cheap airbrush which I do know how to use, but didn't want to waste time mixing paint/solvent.
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by rep001 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by rep001
Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:38 pm

i hope you are going to spray your parts from the INSIDE .I was alittle unsure when you mentioned lacquer in your previous post.sorry if i am interferring ? :wink:
i hope you are going to spray your parts from the INSIDE .I was alittle unsure when you mentioned lacquer in your previous post.sorry if i am interferring ? :wink:
staying alive....
rep001 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:24 pm

rep001 wrote:.sorry if i am interferring ? :wink:
YOU CANNOT interfere! I do happen to know to do them from the inside, but never having done it before, I MIGHT not have known that. I have very little experience here and any cautions are GREATLY APPRECIATED.

The lacquer had nicer colors than the other, but I guess the nice shiny finish won't matter, since I will be looking at the back side. I know nothing about model paints. At least I noticed they required polycarbonate paint (for lexan)...

Heck, it was a post here that alerted me that there WAS a protective coating sheet on the parts! I saw it in the manual and it just did not register. After I cut them out, I peeled it off a scrap to see it. Cool.
rep001 wrote:.sorry if i am interferring ? :wink:
YOU CANNOT interfere! I do happen to know to do them from the inside, but never having done it before, I MIGHT not have known that. I have very little experience here and any cautions are GREATLY APPRECIATED.

The lacquer had nicer colors than the other, but I guess the nice shiny finish won't matter, since I will be looking at the back side. I know nothing about model paints. At least I noticed they required polycarbonate paint (for lexan)...

Heck, it was a post here that alerted me that there WAS a protective coating sheet on the parts! I saw it in the manual and it just did not register. After I cut them out, I peeled it off a scrap to see it. Cool.
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by lampcov » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:30 pm

Post by lampcov
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:30 pm

Everyone Join me... Hey Ira....

PHOTOS...Photos...Photos....Photos...(said in a chant with arm pumping)!
Everyone Join me... Hey Ira....

PHOTOS...Photos...Photos....Photos...(said in a chant with arm pumping)!
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 pm

lampcov wrote:PHOTOS...Photos...Photos....Photos...

Marc, you are an instigator.

OK tonight I will snap a few. No body panels yet, as I am waiting on the three additional DOF for the arms and waist. I am also waiting for paint. And time. Yeah, time.

The stupid thing simply looks like an uncoordinated black anorexic cowboy. I will also attempt some little videos.

OK tonight I will snap a few. No body panels yet, as I am waiting on the three additional DOF for the arms and waist. I am also waiting for paint. And time. Yeah, time.

The stupid thing simply looks like an uncoordinated black anorexic cowboy. I will also attempt some little videos.
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by chocobot » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by chocobot
Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 pm

slashsplat wrote:

where are the pics?
slashsplat wrote:

where are the pics?
chocobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Previous
Previous
26 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
26 postsPage 2 of 21, 2