CALIBRATING...

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
20 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
20 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Re: It's ALIIIIVE!

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:35 pm

slashsplat wrote:4. Once the servos are reversed, set the trim. Why they have a little bird icon for trim makess no sense.

The Kondo folks here told me that it's wordplay since one of the Japanese words for a bird sounds very much like 'trim'. Of course they could have been pulling my leg - they sometimes do. :lol:
This is where I have had some issues with HTH3 locking up.

On one of my systems it does seem to go away sometimes during file saves for quite a while (probably several seconds to a minute in the extreme case) before it comes back - but it only happens infrequently.
I do not know how to do a simple SAVE, it seems to only allow a SAVE AS, where you have to agree to REPLACE the existing file every time.

They are overly cautious. It frustrates me a little too.
7. Create the STARTUP motion for the power up. This will FREE all servos to totally relax, then SLOWLY return them to 0.

It's optional according to the Kondo instructor at Robo Spot, though roughly half of the people (KHR-2HV and AT01) I've talked to setup a startup motion, while the other half don't.
Set the speed at the bottom to 1. This will make it SLOWLY move to the HOME postion - standing straight - when we get to the next steps.

"1" is very surprising to me. 8O

Are you sure about that setting?
For a good set of motions, click http://irachandler.com/manoi_rcb_english.zip

Great! :D
I took the ones provided by Kyosho, and wil a little unqip help from my friend at Trossen, changed all the Japanese text to English. Regular Expressions go a long way for that stuff. The DANCE is totally cool.

More to come...

Sounds super. I'm looking forward to it.

Lights, Camera, Action!
slashsplat wrote:4. Once the servos are reversed, set the trim. Why they have a little bird icon for trim makess no sense.

The Kondo folks here told me that it's wordplay since one of the Japanese words for a bird sounds very much like 'trim'. Of course they could have been pulling my leg - they sometimes do. :lol:
This is where I have had some issues with HTH3 locking up.

On one of my systems it does seem to go away sometimes during file saves for quite a while (probably several seconds to a minute in the extreme case) before it comes back - but it only happens infrequently.
I do not know how to do a simple SAVE, it seems to only allow a SAVE AS, where you have to agree to REPLACE the existing file every time.

They are overly cautious. It frustrates me a little too.
7. Create the STARTUP motion for the power up. This will FREE all servos to totally relax, then SLOWLY return them to 0.

It's optional according to the Kondo instructor at Robo Spot, though roughly half of the people (KHR-2HV and AT01) I've talked to setup a startup motion, while the other half don't.
Set the speed at the bottom to 1. This will make it SLOWLY move to the HOME postion - standing straight - when we get to the next steps.

"1" is very surprising to me. 8O

Are you sure about that setting?
For a good set of motions, click http://irachandler.com/manoi_rcb_english.zip

Great! :D
I took the ones provided by Kyosho, and wil a little unqip help from my friend at Trossen, changed all the Japanese text to English. Regular Expressions go a long way for that stuff. The DANCE is totally cool.

More to come...

Sounds super. I'm looking forward to it.

Lights, Camera, Action!
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by slashsplat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by slashsplat
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:26 pm

When I worked for Toshiba, I had seen that type of wordplay. Very common in a culture with an ideographic language (kanji).

Never had an issue when saving. Always in TRIM/chirp mode moving a slider. Some OTHER servo twitches and she goes to Lala land.

"Cautious", yes. If they would just pattern after MS Word, and realize that is our standard of GUI. They are cautious, but if all the objects on the screen are selected, and you just hit the DEL key, they all go poof without even asking if you want to save. Even if there is an outstanding change that has been made since the last save. Also, if they would pay more attention to the details, like the sequence of focus as you tab through objects on a control screen...

Can't they find an English speaker to JUST do the labels on the software program, at least? Not to mention the automated xlation of the manuals that wastes huge amounts of time trying to interpret what they MEANT...

The 1 *IS* on the first position setting. The last one with the 0's is 100.

More to come...
When I worked for Toshiba, I had seen that type of wordplay. Very common in a culture with an ideographic language (kanji).

Never had an issue when saving. Always in TRIM/chirp mode moving a slider. Some OTHER servo twitches and she goes to Lala land.

"Cautious", yes. If they would just pattern after MS Word, and realize that is our standard of GUI. They are cautious, but if all the objects on the screen are selected, and you just hit the DEL key, they all go poof without even asking if you want to save. Even if there is an outstanding change that has been made since the last save. Also, if they would pay more attention to the details, like the sequence of focus as you tab through objects on a control screen...

Can't they find an English speaker to JUST do the labels on the software program, at least? Not to mention the automated xlation of the manuals that wastes huge amounts of time trying to interpret what they MEANT...

The 1 *IS* on the first position setting. The last one with the 0's is 100.

More to come...
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:42 pm

slashsplat wrote:The 1 *IS* on the first position setting. The last one with the 0's is 100.

Sorry, I'm not following your description very well. If the 'speed' at the bottom is set to '1' then the servos will zoom like a bat out of hell - so we must be talking about two different 'speed' settings.

slashsplat wrote:The 1 *IS* on the first position setting. The last one with the 0's is 100.

Sorry, I'm not following your description very well. If the 'speed' at the bottom is set to '1' then the servos will zoom like a bat out of hell - so we must be talking about two different 'speed' settings.

Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by slashsplat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by slashsplat
Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

You got me. The first POS box that frees them is really *1*. But, that is the FREE command. The second box is a SET, and the third box (POS) IS set to *100*, and that is the one with all ZERO settings.
I did not understand which was in force when the position was generated. Also did not realize the scale of the number was 1=fast!
Thanks for the attention to these posts, it is invaluable.
You got me. The first POS box that frees them is really *1*. But, that is the FREE command. The second box is a SET, and the third box (POS) IS set to *100*, and that is the one with all ZERO settings.
I did not understand which was in force when the position was generated. Also did not realize the scale of the number was 1=fast!
Thanks for the attention to these posts, it is invaluable.
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

reg the calibration

Post by cherlasr » Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by cherlasr
Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 pm

I have to calibrate the manoi, beacuase it falls while executing the positions...will u plzz tell me how to calibrate it..i read the process but its confusing. . .
I have to calibrate the manoi, beacuase it falls while executing the positions...will u plzz tell me how to calibrate it..i read the process but its confusing. . .
cherlasr offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Previous
Previous
20 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
20 postsPage 2 of 21, 2