Excite Translated Assembly Guide

Takahashi's design (robo-garage.com), Kondo servos and controller, and kit production by RC company Kyosho brought to life PF01.
13 postsPage 1 of 1
13 postsPage 1 of 1

Excite Translated Assembly Guide

Post by alexj212 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:03 am

Post by alexj212
Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:03 am

While waiting for my package and with my pent up excitement and anticipation, I spent some time cutting and pasting into excite and pasting the results back into adobe.

So here is a pdf with commented text boxes with the translations.

www.backpocket.com/manoi_at01_manual_dec06_eng.pdf

This is as good as the excite translation engine. Dont blame me for mistranslation.

Alex
While waiting for my package and with my pent up excitement and anticipation, I spent some time cutting and pasting into excite and pasting the results back into adobe.

So here is a pdf with commented text boxes with the translations.

www.backpocket.com/manoi_at01_manual_dec06_eng.pdf

This is as good as the excite translation engine. Dont blame me for mistranslation.

Alex
alexj212 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Thanks for waiting until AFTER I am done... :D
I cannot download it, just get a blank page.
Thanks for waiting until AFTER I am done... :D
I cannot download it, just get a blank page.
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by srobot » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by srobot
Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi,

slashsplat wrote:I cannot download it, just get a blank page.

It comes up for me. Try it again it might work now.

--srobot

PS - It is a very big file so you might have to wait a LONG time before going through it (leave it on the first page in till it is fully loaded).
Hi,

slashsplat wrote:I cannot download it, just get a blank page.

It comes up for me. Try it again it might work now.

--srobot

PS - It is a very big file so you might have to wait a LONG time before going through it (leave it on the first page in till it is fully loaded).
Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo. The power that's needed!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level
srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by alexj212 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by alexj212
Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:00 pm

I forgot to mention, If anyone has any modifications send them to me and I can update the pdf.

Also I was thinking of setting up a wiki page for myself to post notes etc. If there is interest I can make it public, Or maybe one can be setup on RS.
I forgot to mention, If anyone has any modifications send them to me and I can update the pdf.

Also I was thinking of setting up a wiki page for myself to post notes etc. If there is interest I can make it public, Or maybe one can be setup on RS.
alexj212 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by srobot » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Post by srobot
Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi,

alexj212 wrote:Also I was thinking of setting up a wiki page for myself to post notes etc. If there is interest I can make it public, Or maybe one can be setup on RS.

Sound cool! Yha I think you should make public!

alexj212 wrote:RS

RS, hmmmmm, oh you meen Robosapion? :lol: :roll:
Hi,

alexj212 wrote:Also I was thinking of setting up a wiki page for myself to post notes etc. If there is interest I can make it public, Or maybe one can be setup on RS.

Sound cool! Yha I think you should make public!

Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo. The power that's needed!

srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hivemind » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by hivemind
Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:20 pm

RS - robosavvy, no robosapians here.

Wiki is always a good idea, and perhaps if you have a larger community working on notes the MANOI package will become more available. Goodluck.
RS - robosavvy, no robosapians here.

Wiki is always a good idea, and perhaps if you have a larger community working on notes the MANOI package will become more available. Goodluck.
hivemind offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by srobot » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by srobot
Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:01 pm

srobot wrote:

hivemind wrote:RS - robosavvy, no robosapians here.

He, he, yha I know.

--srobot
srobot wrote:

He, he, yha I know.

--srobot

srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by slashsplat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by slashsplat
Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:27 pm

I love the WIKI idea. If RS is not interested, I will be glad to host it, no problem! Which one would be preferred?? I don't have a lot of experience using other than wikipedia.

I love the WIKI idea. If RS is not interested, I will be glad to host it, no problem! Which one would be preferred?? I don't have a lot of experience using other than wikipedia.
<i>Ira Chandler</i> /* slashsplat */
<b>http://BotConnect.com</b>
home of the American MANOI Users Group
slashsplat offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:09 am

Post by limor
Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:09 am

Hi, The new RoboSavvy site which includes WYSIWYG enabled user blog and articles posting, is almost done.
I'll contact you guys (slashsplat and alexj212) by email and give you the secret URL so you can upload your build experience.
(we're also interested in getting some beta-testers feedback :) ).
Hi, The new RoboSavvy site which includes WYSIWYG enabled user blog and articles posting, is almost done.
I'll contact you guys (slashsplat and alexj212) by email and give you the secret URL so you can upload your build experience.
(we're also interested in getting some beta-testers feedback :) ).
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Post by Orac
Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi, the translated link didn't work for me so I used some software to completely translate the manual text, keeping everything "almost" in line.

There are some interresting translations, but if you think laterally, you can usually get the meaning :)

Download ManoiEnglish.pdf

Have fun and i'm not responsible for any mistakes or mis-understandings in there, if in doubt, find someone Japanese :)
Hi, the translated link didn't work for me so I used some software to completely translate the manual text, keeping everything "almost" in line.

There are some interresting translations, but if you think laterally, you can usually get the meaning :)

Download ManoiEnglish.pdf

Have fun and i'm not responsible for any mistakes or mis-understandings in there, if in doubt, find someone Japanese :)
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by Orac
Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:29 pm

I compared the translation softwares effort against the Google translator for the same paragraph and it show that Google is infinately better at presenting the meaning of the text in a readable manner. i.e.

Google translation

After moving the hand and foot by some hand, please turn off the power of one time, MANOITM throw power source for the second time. Slowly if attitude returns to foam/home position, it is success.

Software translation

One-degree MANOI TM The power supply ..drinking.. is turned off, and ..hands and feet.. somewhat.
The power supply is turned on again after it moves it by the hand and [kudasa].
..saying.. .Posture slowly : to the home position.
The success if returning.

It shows that if you are not sure of something and the diagram and text aren't clear, better translate in Google and then take your best guess :)
I compared the translation softwares effort against the Google translator for the same paragraph and it show that Google is infinately better at presenting the meaning of the text in a readable manner. i.e.

Google translation

After moving the hand and foot by some hand, please turn off the power of one time, MANOITM throw power source for the second time. Slowly if attitude returns to foam/home position, it is success.

Software translation

One-degree MANOI TM The power supply ..drinking.. is turned off, and ..hands and feet.. somewhat.
The power supply is turned on again after it moves it by the hand and [kudasa].
..saying.. .Posture slowly : to the home position.
The success if returning.

It shows that if you are not sure of something and the diagram and text aren't clear, better translate in Google and then take your best guess :)
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Marcus » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Marcus
Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 am

The best section of the translation for me is when they are describing the tools needed;

"It uses it to tighten the machine screw of each part.
#0 ..drinking.. driver must refer to the size shown in figure."

Drunk, driving a car and building a robot... They must be talented.
:shock:
The best section of the translation for me is when they are describing the tools needed;

"It uses it to tighten the machine screw of each part.
#0 ..drinking.. driver must refer to the size shown in figure."

Drunk, driving a car and building a robot... They must be talented.
:shock:
Marcus offline

Post by chocobot » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:46 am

Post by chocobot
Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:46 am

CAN SOMEONE PRINT AND SEND ME THE MANUAL IN ENGLISH?MY COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE THE JAPANESE SUPPORT ON IT...IT SUX...I WILL GLADY PAY FOR THE PRINTED MANUAL.....I AM IN THE USA....KEN
CAN SOMEONE PRINT AND SEND ME THE MANUAL IN ENGLISH?MY COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE THE JAPANESE SUPPORT ON IT...IT SUX...I WILL GLADY PAY FOR THE PRINTED MANUAL.....I AM IN THE USA....KEN
chocobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

13 postsPage 1 of 1
13 postsPage 1 of 1