Additional RBT-1 motions

14 postsPage 1 of 1
14 postsPage 1 of 1

Additional RBT-1 motions

Post by cdraptor » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:33 am

Post by cdraptor
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:33 am

Okay I am even more impressed, Futaba has included when you load up the Motion Editor program, you can load in some additional sample moves which show off the RBT1 even more.

Here is a couple vids of the moves. Coming later will be some enhanced walking routine moves in that same project.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Okay I am even more impressed, Futaba has included when you load up the Motion Editor program, you can load in some additional sample moves which show off the RBT1 even more.

Here is a couple vids of the moves. Coming later will be some enhanced walking routine moves in that same project.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by RedFoxDude » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 am

Post by RedFoxDude
Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 am

The RBT-1 is really good at doing squats and pushups! It sure looks like a whole lot of fun. The handstand was pretty cool too!
The RBT-1 uses a serial cable right?

I'm really close to Boss Robot Hobby, so I just might have to pick one up sometime!

RedFoxDude
The RBT-1 is really good at doing squats and pushups! It sure looks like a whole lot of fun. The handstand was pretty cool too!
The RBT-1 uses a serial cable right?

I'm really close to Boss Robot Hobby, so I just might have to pick one up sometime!

RedFoxDude
RedFoxDude offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by cdraptor
Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Here's a sidekick motion I found in the advance motion samples. I bound it to the controller. It's all for show, basically if he taps anything while sidekicking he's going down.

phpBB [media]

BTW, going to get a lamp so I can shed some better light on the robots for the vids. Sorry it's so dark.
Here's a sidekick motion I found in the advance motion samples. I bound it to the controller. It's all for show, basically if he taps anything while sidekicking he's going down.

phpBB [media]

BTW, going to get a lamp so I can shed some better light on the robots for the vids. Sorry it's so dark.
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ray » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Ray
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi I wish to know can I order an all black color body RBT1 from the robot shop?
Hi I wish to know can I order an all black color body RBT1 from the robot shop?
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by cdraptor
Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Ray

The body I have on mine is Blue, the lighting is not so good so he appears much darker than he is - but the HPI version I saw had Black and White body, so there may be a way to get those from Japan.

Here I have him trying to do the Robonova flap - which since his forearm servos are not aligned the same it turned out different, where most of the humanoids forearms go in/out from the body, the RBT-1 does a curling motion.

Here you can see mine is blue - better lighting for the vid

phpBB [media]
Ray

The body I have on mine is Blue, the lighting is not so good so he appears much darker than he is - but the HPI version I saw had Black and White body, so there may be a way to get those from Japan.

Here I have him trying to do the Robonova flap - which since his forearm servos are not aligned the same it turned out different, where most of the humanoids forearms go in/out from the body, the RBT-1 does a curling motion.

Here you can see mine is blue - better lighting for the vid

phpBB [media]
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by RedFoxDude » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 am

Post by RedFoxDude
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 am

Ray wrote:Hi I wish to know can I order an all black color body RBT1 from the robot shop?

Ray,
RT-Corp carries all of the black parts (Except the shoulderparts, which don't come in black.)

I've looked at the Japanese manual, and it looks like removing the color parts is easy.

Hope this helps. :D

RedFoxDude
Ray wrote:Hi I wish to know can I order an all black color body RBT1 from the robot shop?

Ray,
RT-Corp carries all of the black parts (Except the shoulderparts, which don't come in black.)

I've looked at the Japanese manual, and it looks like removing the color parts is easy.

Hope this helps. :D

RedFoxDude
RedFoxDude offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ray » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Ray
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Thanks a lot.

I have seen some movies that showed G-robot can walk very fast that seem controlling like a car!, I wonder how it can be done, it seem the legs are moving in the same pattern but with the C.G. biasing to make it to turn,
am I right?
Thanks a lot.

I have seen some movies that showed G-robot can walk very fast that seem controlling like a car!, I wonder how it can be done, it seem the legs are moving in the same pattern but with the C.G. biasing to make it to turn,
am I right?
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by robbybot
Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 pm

hi ray,
i dont own an rbt 1 but have read quite a bit about it and from what ive seen on the japanese gr001 website the fast walk is a canned motion assigned to say for example the left joypad, with a kind of manual analogue balance control on say the right jostick. this allows you to make the robot walk forward fast by pushing forward left and whilst doing this adjusting the robots CofG / balance appropriately using the right joystick. i think this is right but cdraptor will put me right if need be :wink:
this could be a great feature in robo soccer as in effect you could "dribble " with the ball - given a lot of practice!!! :D

rob
hi ray,
i dont own an rbt 1 but have read quite a bit about it and from what ive seen on the japanese gr001 website the fast walk is a canned motion assigned to say for example the left joypad, with a kind of manual analogue balance control on say the right jostick. this allows you to make the robot walk forward fast by pushing forward left and whilst doing this adjusting the robots CofG / balance appropriately using the right joystick. i think this is right but cdraptor will put me right if need be :wink:
this could be a great feature in robo soccer as in effect you could "dribble " with the ball - given a lot of practice!!! :D

rob
You and your friend are in an open field and are confronted by a hungry lion.The lion starts to charge and it is clear you must run.What should your immediate goal be?Some say "Outrun the lion."Others say "Outrun your friend."
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by cdraptor
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Robbybot is correct - with the standard motions loaded in the RPU - the left joystick will do the standard walk forward, walk backwards, turn left/right (about 45 degree turn). You also have a step to the left/right using the using the right thumbpad - by pushing the left/right buttons (Square/Circle). These are pretty slow motions.

Now on the left thumbpad buttons, above the left stick are the forward/backwards and sideway strafe very quickly. the side to side strafing is very quick and stable, backwards is very stable, forward he tips when he stops. So you add in the right analog stick to provide the lean so lean him back a bit as your ready to stop will keep him upright. This move is more of a fast shuffle and he moves pretty good. Also when running backwards and forward you can use the lean to the left or right and the bot starts to turn into the lean. He's quick I tried to have him run with one of the plastic balls that come with the Lego Mindstorm and his legs move pretty quick so it ended up sending the ball faster than he, the side to side fast move could do a pretty good block.

Now if you load up the additional project, you get a whole new set of moves that by default remap the left thumbpad with faster/longer stepping of the forward, backward and turning left/right. I've been messing with the forward walk, he tends to trip himself up, if he's doing a move and his legs do not come together well before he tries to walk forward he tends to trip himself up.

One thing I found was turning on what they call his G-Sensor so he can tell his orientation, is that he can apply that to getup from a fall. He's pretty quick at getting up.

I'll try to get some videos together of some of these walking/shuffling moves which will probably make more sense.
Robbybot is correct - with the standard motions loaded in the RPU - the left joystick will do the standard walk forward, walk backwards, turn left/right (about 45 degree turn). You also have a step to the left/right using the using the right thumbpad - by pushing the left/right buttons (Square/Circle). These are pretty slow motions.

Now on the left thumbpad buttons, above the left stick are the forward/backwards and sideway strafe very quickly. the side to side strafing is very quick and stable, backwards is very stable, forward he tips when he stops. So you add in the right analog stick to provide the lean so lean him back a bit as your ready to stop will keep him upright. This move is more of a fast shuffle and he moves pretty good. Also when running backwards and forward you can use the lean to the left or right and the bot starts to turn into the lean. He's quick I tried to have him run with one of the plastic balls that come with the Lego Mindstorm and his legs move pretty quick so it ended up sending the ball faster than he, the side to side fast move could do a pretty good block.

Now if you load up the additional project, you get a whole new set of moves that by default remap the left thumbpad with faster/longer stepping of the forward, backward and turning left/right. I've been messing with the forward walk, he tends to trip himself up, if he's doing a move and his legs do not come together well before he tries to walk forward he tends to trip himself up.

One thing I found was turning on what they call his G-Sensor so he can tell his orientation, is that he can apply that to getup from a fall. He's pretty quick at getting up.

I'll try to get some videos together of some of these walking/shuffling moves which will probably make more sense.
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by robbybot
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 pm

cheers for the info! as im going to get one of these guys its great having someone online who is going through the learning curve with the rbt 1 and finding time to share the info with us. i look forward to the videos as im really interested in the walking gaits etc. my ultimate projet is to try and make my own robot using robotis gear similar to the offerings from farell robotics, i am a martial artist so my primary direction is driven by robo one but im always watching all robots for what they can offer and the rbt 1 seems the most complete package to date but sadly a little small and featherweight to pose a serious threat.
i noticed that on the news section of the japanese gr001 site they have photos of what seems to be the gr001 (rbt 1 ) being offered as a kit, could mean the beginning of the "hop ups" scenario?
cheers for the info! as im going to get one of these guys its great having someone online who is going through the learning curve with the rbt 1 and finding time to share the info with us. i look forward to the videos as im really interested in the walking gaits etc. my ultimate projet is to try and make my own robot using robotis gear similar to the offerings from farell robotics, i am a martial artist so my primary direction is driven by robo one but im always watching all robots for what they can offer and the rbt 1 seems the most complete package to date but sadly a little small and featherweight to pose a serious threat.
i noticed that on the news section of the japanese gr001 site they have photos of what seems to be the gr001 (rbt 1 ) being offered as a kit, could mean the beginning of the "hop ups" scenario?
You and your friend are in an open field and are confronted by a hungry lion.The lion starts to charge and it is clear you must run.What should your immediate goal be?Some say "Outrun the lion."Others say "Outrun your friend."
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:10 am

Post by cdraptor
Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:10 am

Okay here are the videos of the RBT-1 running around. In the first video I am using the left thumbpad to run forward, I then can use the right analog stick to lean left or right and have him lean into a turn while running forward, you can see the results. The first time I stop him from the forward run, I apply a bit of lean back to slow him down. Next you will see I didn't bother to slow him and his momentum has him tip over forward. Now when I had him run backwards you can stop him without having to apply any lean - he stays up. Also with the G-Sensor on, he knows he's face down and if you click on the right analog stick, he'll get up.

phpBB [media]

Now here is some more running around, with some backing up. You get some falling and I show leaning back on the forward stop. Now he did pretty good, but at the end you'll see if he topples and enough force kicks in his servo safety and his joint click, he may not be able to get up, this happens often, shoulder, forearm. Curious if this happens to other RBT-1 owners or I just need to tweak mine more to make sure the screws are tighter.

phpBB [media]

After that I adjusted the arm, now he gets up from his back okay

phpBB [media]

And now for a little side stepping. You can see a turn to the left, right, then a slow side step left, right, then the high speed shuffle, you can apply a bit of back/forth lean to adjust how he angles a bit.

phpBB [media]
Okay here are the videos of the RBT-1 running around. In the first video I am using the left thumbpad to run forward, I then can use the right analog stick to lean left or right and have him lean into a turn while running forward, you can see the results. The first time I stop him from the forward run, I apply a bit of lean back to slow him down. Next you will see I didn't bother to slow him and his momentum has him tip over forward. Now when I had him run backwards you can stop him without having to apply any lean - he stays up. Also with the G-Sensor on, he knows he's face down and if you click on the right analog stick, he'll get up.

phpBB [media]

Now here is some more running around, with some backing up. You get some falling and I show leaning back on the forward stop. Now he did pretty good, but at the end you'll see if he topples and enough force kicks in his servo safety and his joint click, he may not be able to get up, this happens often, shoulder, forearm. Curious if this happens to other RBT-1 owners or I just need to tweak mine more to make sure the screws are tighter.

phpBB [media]

After that I adjusted the arm, now he gets up from his back okay

phpBB [media]

And now for a little side stepping. You can see a turn to the left, right, then a slow side step left, right, then the high speed shuffle, you can apply a bit of back/forth lean to adjust how he angles a bit.

phpBB [media]
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:16 am

Post by cdraptor
Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:16 am

Here is some walking moves from the included project file that you can load into the RBT-1. These basically replace the fast walk/shuffle on the left thumbpad.

The first is a very long stride forward step. Followed by some standard turns will larger turns. Also you can see the more extreme walking backward, and forward, although I find his long stride forward he stable, the enhanced foward walk he's kinda unstable. Found that if the move before he is setup with his feet well together - he does okay, if his stance ends up slightly wider than normal, when you start him fast forward stepping, he can trip himself up.

phpBB [media]
Here is some walking moves from the included project file that you can load into the RBT-1. These basically replace the fast walk/shuffle on the left thumbpad.

The first is a very long stride forward step. Followed by some standard turns will larger turns. Also you can see the more extreme walking backward, and forward, although I find his long stride forward he stable, the enhanced foward walk he's kinda unstable. Found that if the move before he is setup with his feet well together - he does okay, if his stance ends up slightly wider than normal, when you start him fast forward stepping, he can trip himself up.

phpBB [media]
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 am

Post by robbybot
Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 am

great stuff, talented little guy! love his large turning gait seen in the last vid. have you found the really human like walk yet were he scrapes the end of each foot on the ground as he takes the step. theres also a sliding walk aswell i think ?
nice one and cheers cdraptor. :wink:
great stuff, talented little guy! love his large turning gait seen in the last vid. have you found the really human like walk yet were he scrapes the end of each foot on the ground as he takes the step. theres also a sliding walk aswell i think ?
nice one and cheers cdraptor. :wink:
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Futaba rbt-1

Post by Manoi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Manoi
Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:34 am

Ciao do you want sell your robot?i am serius to buy.let you know
Please respondeme thanks good day
Ciao do you want sell your robot?i am serius to buy.let you know
Please respondeme thanks good day
Manoi offline