Hmmm - extra servo connection in the RBT-1 Arm

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Hmmm - extra servo connection in the RBT-1 Arm

Post by cdraptor » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 pm

Post by cdraptor
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 pm

So I was checking out the RBT-1 in more detail and checking through the manual in greater detail as well. There is a gyro in development and a specific connection on the RPU-11 unit for it which is refered to in the manual. I also noticed that there is an extra servo connector slot in each arm. Hmm, maybe some grippers coming, I don't know this is all speculation right now, there was nothing mentioned about that.

Chuck
"cdraptor"
So I was checking out the RBT-1 in more detail and checking through the manual in greater detail as well. There is a gyro in development and a specific connection on the RPU-11 unit for it which is refered to in the manual. I also noticed that there is an extra servo connector slot in each arm. Hmm, maybe some grippers coming, I don't know this is all speculation right now, there was nothing mentioned about that.

Chuck
"cdraptor"
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cdraptor » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 am

Post by cdraptor
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 am

Well after seeing the extra servo connection, I started to dig around in the program. What I really like about the RBT-1 Motion Editor is all the files I have been browsing are ASCII text - very hackable and provides the option to easily create your own tools. Motions Files, Poses and in the System data the trim, default servo positions and servo configuration setup. I doesn't look like the software is setup to dynamically read in the configuration and lay out the textboxes, I haven't confirmed that but did a quick test by adding in my own servo ids for lets say grippers. It gave me an error stating invalid file, I'll do some more digging. Details to follow at a later date/time
Well after seeing the extra servo connection, I started to dig around in the program. What I really like about the RBT-1 Motion Editor is all the files I have been browsing are ASCII text - very hackable and provides the option to easily create your own tools. Motions Files, Poses and in the System data the trim, default servo positions and servo configuration setup. I doesn't look like the software is setup to dynamically read in the configuration and lay out the textboxes, I haven't confirmed that but did a quick test by adding in my own servo ids for lets say grippers. It gave me an error stating invalid file, I'll do some more digging. Details to follow at a later date/time
cdraptor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:01 am

Post by robbybot
Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:01 am

cool! very interesting - i knew futaba would prob have something up thier sleeve :wink: keep us posted.
cool! very interesting - i knew futaba would prob have something up thier sleeve :wink: keep us posted.
You and your friend are in an open field and are confronted by a hungry lion.The lion starts to charge and it is clear you must run.What should your immediate goal be?Some say "Outrun the lion."Others say "Outrun your friend."
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1