what can this robot do?

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

what can this robot do?

Post by robbybot » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by robbybot
Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm

hi guys, noticed things a bit quiet on the rbt 1 front. im thinking of buying a robot and i was attracted to this platform as it seemed to be a very userfriendly package for someone like me who has no coding experience but who want to experiment using a robot and good GUI . what is the opinion regarding the rbt 1?
can you create your own poses, motions and scenarios eg. from scratch create a kick or walk without editing an existing poses. if so can it then be uploaded to the robot and asigned to the controller as a move?
if you edit an existing move and save , is the original move then permenantly changed or are all supplied moves not able to be changed.ive checked out the reviews on robot dreams but am stil a little unsure as to its capabillities.
limor, any more news on a gyro and add ons for this robot. also an english webste which of a decent standard for supporting the product eg updated software etc?
cheers for your comments.... :wink:
hi guys, noticed things a bit quiet on the rbt 1 front. im thinking of buying a robot and i was attracted to this platform as it seemed to be a very userfriendly package for someone like me who has no coding experience but who want to experiment using a robot and good GUI . what is the opinion regarding the rbt 1?
can you create your own poses, motions and scenarios eg. from scratch create a kick or walk without editing an existing poses. if so can it then be uploaded to the robot and asigned to the controller as a move?
if you edit an existing move and save , is the original move then permenantly changed or are all supplied moves not able to be changed.ive checked out the reviews on robot dreams but am stil a little unsure as to its capabillities.
limor, any more news on a gyro and add ons for this robot. also an english webste which of a decent standard for supporting the product eg updated software etc?
cheers for your comments.... :wink:
You and your friend are in an open field and are confronted by a hungry lion.The lion starts to charge and it is clear you must run.What should your immediate goal be?Some say "Outrun the lion."Others say "Outrun your friend."
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by RedFoxDude » Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by RedFoxDude
Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 pm

Oh my goodness! I haven't been to Robosavvy for a while...
Yes, you can make your own poses. And yes, you can upload them to the robot. You can assign your motions to buttons on the remote too.
I'm guessing that if you edit a move and save, that it would be changed forever, so I would save it as a new move. I'm not sure if you can change them, I haven't tried. But I do know that you can open them into the editor.

Yes, it is a very userfriendly robot. It's very easy to program. Getting the new motions to work is a different story, however, haha.

This robot is really great! I like it a lot.
Oh my goodness! I haven't been to Robosavvy for a while...
Yes, you can make your own poses. And yes, you can upload them to the robot. You can assign your motions to buttons on the remote too.
I'm guessing that if you edit a move and save, that it would be changed forever, so I would save it as a new move. I'm not sure if you can change them, I haven't tried. But I do know that you can open them into the editor.

Yes, it is a very userfriendly robot. It's very easy to program. Getting the new motions to work is a different story, however, haha.

This robot is really great! I like it a lot.
RedFoxDude offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by robbybot
Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 pm

thanks redfoxdude, im saving hard and have been for a while now for my robot so i appreciate some honest hands on advice. i am a tad concerned about how quiet its gone round this robot? and that considering it has been released in the states there isnt a decent english website catering for the us customers. is there any news on new bits and software updates etc?
thanks redfoxdude, im saving hard and have been for a while now for my robot so i appreciate some honest hands on advice. i am a tad concerned about how quiet its gone round this robot? and that considering it has been released in the states there isnt a decent english website catering for the us customers. is there any news on new bits and software updates etc?
You and your friend are in an open field and are confronted by a hungry lion.The lion starts to charge and it is clear you must run.What should your immediate goal be?Some say "Outrun the lion."Others say "Outrun your friend."
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by lampcov » Fri May 16, 2008 2:22 am

Post by lampcov
Fri May 16, 2008 2:22 am

The RBT-1 is a fine robot, and the software is really good. It's not as intuitive as you'd expect, and frankly the translations from Japanese aren't that great, which I found surprising. That said, other than a high price, it's an excellent, capable bot. No one who purchases one will be unhappy.

My company hopes to be introducing a new humanoid robot very soon. If possible we'll show a late beta model at Robogames. It's going to be prices nearly half that of the Futaba and our focus as a company is providing a quailty humanoid at a reasonable price that is fully supported in English with high quality, best of breed software that will cater to the novice user (like me) as well as the hard core "C" programmer.

All my marketing fluff aside. If you are considering the Futaba, you will be totally happy with your choice. It will bring you hours and hours of fun and challenges. You can't go wrong with it.
The RBT-1 is a fine robot, and the software is really good. It's not as intuitive as you'd expect, and frankly the translations from Japanese aren't that great, which I found surprising. That said, other than a high price, it's an excellent, capable bot. No one who purchases one will be unhappy.

My company hopes to be introducing a new humanoid robot very soon. If possible we'll show a late beta model at Robogames. It's going to be prices nearly half that of the Futaba and our focus as a company is providing a quailty humanoid at a reasonable price that is fully supported in English with high quality, best of breed software that will cater to the novice user (like me) as well as the hard core "C" programmer.

All my marketing fluff aside. If you are considering the Futaba, you will be totally happy with your choice. It will bring you hours and hours of fun and challenges. You can't go wrong with it.
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robbybot » Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by robbybot
Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 pm

sounds very interesting, im still saving so any new products that come along i will ofcourse take a keen interest in. good luck with your launch and look forward to seeing the robot as and when. do you have a website ?
sounds very interesting, im still saving so any new products that come along i will ofcourse take a keen interest in. good luck with your launch and look forward to seeing the robot as and when. do you have a website ?
robbybot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1