Just got my Futaba RBT-1...

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Just got my Futaba RBT-1...

Post by astroboy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 am

Post by astroboy
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 am

Hey guys, just got my RBT-1 yesterday. It looks awesome...(I used to be RC car owners.) All I need is RC232C converter to USB for notebook. It definitely would perform better with Gyro upgrade in the future....Anyone knows when it will be available since this RBT-1 has been out for a little over a year in USA. RBT-1 looks better in person than website. Quailty is good with mini servos but yet stronger than I would have thought after it performs a few move. I was not thinking of getting RBT-1 at the beginning; once I read the reviews and how much it costs in Japan Yen 199,900. It is a very good value for advanced robot kit by comparsion.
Hey guys, just got my RBT-1 yesterday. It looks awesome...(I used to be RC car owners.) All I need is RC232C converter to USB for notebook. It definitely would perform better with Gyro upgrade in the future....Anyone knows when it will be available since this RBT-1 has been out for a little over a year in USA. RBT-1 looks better in person than website. Quailty is good with mini servos but yet stronger than I would have thought after it performs a few move. I was not thinking of getting RBT-1 at the beginning; once I read the reviews and how much it costs in Japan Yen 199,900. It is a very good value for advanced robot kit by comparsion.
astroboy offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Just got my Futaba RBT-1...

Post by tempusmaster » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

Post by tempusmaster
Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

astroboy wrote:Hey guys, just got my RBT-1 yesterday. It looks awesome...(I used to be RC car owners.) All I need is RC232C converter to USB for notebook. It definitely would perform better with Gyro upgrade in the future....Anyone knows when it will be available since this RBT-1 has been out for a little over a year in USA. RBT-1 looks better in person than website. Quailty is good with mini servos but yet stronger than I would have thought after it performs a few move. I was not thinking of getting RBT-1 at the beginning; once I read the reviews and how much it costs in Japan Yen 199,900. It is a very good value for advanced robot kit by comparsion.

Congratulations!

It's really a cool bot, though a little pricey (as you mentioned) over here in Japan.

You should try to make it out to RoboGames in SF next summer. The RBT-1 should do very well against the competition in the same weight class.
astroboy wrote:Hey guys, just got my RBT-1 yesterday. It looks awesome...(I used to be RC car owners.) All I need is RC232C converter to USB for notebook. It definitely would perform better with Gyro upgrade in the future....Anyone knows when it will be available since this RBT-1 has been out for a little over a year in USA. RBT-1 looks better in person than website. Quailty is good with mini servos but yet stronger than I would have thought after it performs a few move. I was not thinking of getting RBT-1 at the beginning; once I read the reviews and how much it costs in Japan Yen 199,900. It is a very good value for advanced robot kit by comparsion.

Congratulations!

It's really a cool bot, though a little pricey (as you mentioned) over here in Japan.

You should try to make it out to RoboGames in SF next summer. The RBT-1 should do very well against the competition in the same weight class.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by astroboy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by astroboy
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, I got this RBT-1 because of the holidays sale special from one of the biggest online stores in US. It've offered free shipping, an additional great savings on top of the competitive price. I have dealt with them in the past. Great customer service...Just hope Futaba will release the gyro sensor soon...I would like to generate more complex moves...Happy holidays to all of you...
Thanks for your reply. Indeed, I got this RBT-1 because of the holidays sale special from one of the biggest online stores in US. It've offered free shipping, an additional great savings on top of the competitive price. I have dealt with them in the past. Great customer service...Just hope Futaba will release the gyro sensor soon...I would like to generate more complex moves...Happy holidays to all of you...
astroboy offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1