I-Sobot Competitor?

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1

I-Sobot Competitor?

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Sat May 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Sat May 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Botjunkie.com has an article about a 15cm/6 inch robot called BeRobot. While the motions don't look as smooth as the I-Sobot, and it is unlikely to have as much personality as the I-Sobot, it does have a few features which make it interesting:

"gyro unit, voice control unit, image sensor unit, ultrasonic sensor unit, Bluetooth control unit, Zigbee control unit, 2G/3G mobile phone control unit, Built-in Speaker Unit"

Plus you can create your own motions and the frame can be reconfigured, unlike the I-Sobot.

http://gestream.com/BeRobot

Botjunkie.com has an article about a 15cm/6 inch robot called BeRobot. While the motions don't look as smooth as the I-Sobot, and it is unlikely to have as much personality as the I-Sobot, it does have a few features which make it interesting:

"gyro unit, voice control unit, image sensor unit, ultrasonic sensor unit, Bluetooth control unit, Zigbee control unit, 2G/3G mobile phone control unit, Built-in Speaker Unit"

Plus you can create your own motions and the frame can be reconfigured, unlike the I-Sobot.

http://gestream.com/BeRobot

RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tom_chang79 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by tom_chang79
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 pm

RSG, I've posted a comment on Trossen, but I want to suggest something new.

When this bot comes out, you guys need to get one in your hands and do a "title match" one-on-one fight between the I-Sobot and this cute newcomer!

:twisted:
RSG, I've posted a comment on Trossen, but I want to suggest something new.

When this bot comes out, you guys need to get one in your hands and do a "title match" one-on-one fight between the I-Sobot and this cute newcomer!

:twisted:
tom_chang79 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 am

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 am

That's an interesting idea. We could do a review like a boxing match. "In this corner, wearing the black trunks, weighing in at a hefty 0.75 pounds with a reach of 3 inches, Kid-the-Crusher I-Sobot. And in the blue corner....."

We've always wanted to have cross-breed robot fighting matches (ie Robonova against Bioloid), but there hasn't been enough interest to justify the expense. Perhaps some day in the future.
That's an interesting idea. We could do a review like a boxing match. "In this corner, wearing the black trunks, weighing in at a hefty 0.75 pounds with a reach of 3 inches, Kid-the-Crusher I-Sobot. And in the blue corner....."

We've always wanted to have cross-breed robot fighting matches (ie Robonova against Bioloid), but there hasn't been enough interest to justify the expense. Perhaps some day in the future.
RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ketchup » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Ketchup
Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Does anyone know the release date or pricing?
Does anyone know the release date or pricing?
Ketchup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by PedroR
Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi

From what I've seen it will not be as cheap as iSobot (not even near that).

Preliminary information I have seen seems to put the price tag near the Robobuilder 5710K.

I don't remember if it was higher or lower but I do remember having thought that for the price the Robobuilder would pose a better value-for-money proposal.

Anyway please note this was something I looked at a couple of months ago so it may have changed and I do not recall the full details
Hi

From what I've seen it will not be as cheap as iSobot (not even near that).

Preliminary information I have seen seems to put the price tag near the Robobuilder 5710K.

I don't remember if it was higher or lower but I do remember having thought that for the price the Robobuilder would pose a better value-for-money proposal.

Anyway please note this was something I looked at a couple of months ago so it may have changed and I do not recall the full details
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ketchup » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Ketchup
Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:11 pm

That's too bad.
I was hoping for something "inexpensive".

Oh well.
That's too bad.
I was hoping for something "inexpensive".

Oh well.
Ketchup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: I-Sobot Competitor?

Post by robothobbie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 am

Post by robothobbie
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 am

hi, I have bought the berobot, I think it's a very excellent product.
I have both i-sobot and berobot. though i-sobot is fun for a while, but I like berobot more because it has very easy to use graphic program software, it also support programming in visual studio (my advanced version package includes VB and VC source codes). besides, I can reassembly berobot as many different types, now I have tried human type, dog type, scorpion type, wheel car type, not like i-sobot only human type.
gestream company design and manufacture all components, including digital servo motors, robot controller, mechanism parts and the graphic software. so while I have any trouble in assembly or programming, they can give me very professional suggestion and explanation by emails. that I learn a lot.
this is their web www.berobot.com
and robot motion www.youtube.com/GestreamTw
the motions are much quick and smooth than i-sobot
hi, I have bought the berobot, I think it's a very excellent product.
I have both i-sobot and berobot. though i-sobot is fun for a while, but I like berobot more because it has very easy to use graphic program software, it also support programming in visual studio (my advanced version package includes VB and VC source codes). besides, I can reassembly berobot as many different types, now I have tried human type, dog type, scorpion type, wheel car type, not like i-sobot only human type.
gestream company design and manufacture all components, including digital servo motors, robot controller, mechanism parts and the graphic software. so while I have any trouble in assembly or programming, they can give me very professional suggestion and explanation by emails. that I learn a lot.
this is their web www.berobot.com
and robot motion www.youtube.com/GestreamTw
the motions are much quick and smooth than i-sobot
robothobbie offline

8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1