I-Sobot Review

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

I-Sobot Review

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:19 pm

We recently picked up a new I-Sobot, and it is certainly a lot of fun. You can read our review and get all the details here:

http://www.RobotServicesGroup.com/BuildPage4.html

We plan to subject our little I-Sobot to all the same tests that we have run on the Robonova in our Human Emulation project.
Which robot more closely mimics human motions; the $1,000 robot, or the $300 robot?
Stay tuned to find out.
We recently picked up a new I-Sobot, and it is certainly a lot of fun. You can read our review and get all the details here:

http://www.RobotServicesGroup.com/BuildPage4.html

We plan to subject our little I-Sobot to all the same tests that we have run on the Robonova in our Human Emulation project.
Which robot more closely mimics human motions; the $1,000 robot, or the $300 robot?
Stay tuned to find out.
RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:40 am

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:40 am

We bought the Japanese version of the I-Sobot that comes with white body coloring and blue trim, as opposed to the black body coloring and grey trim of the English speaking version. Check out our comparison of the two versions here .

We bought the Japanese version of the I-Sobot that comes with white body coloring and blue trim, as opposed to the black body coloring and grey trim of the English speaking version. Check out our comparison of the two versions here .

RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:46 pm

RobotServicesGroup wrote:We bought the Japanese version of the I-Sobot that comes with white body coloring and blue trim, as opposed to the black body coloring and grey trim of the English speaking version. Check out our comparison of the two versions here .

Good review and comparision. Congratulations.

You're right - there are no significant performance differences between the Japanese and English models other than the language dependent functions like voice recognition and speech, and the packaging.

By the way, there is also a black body/grey trim Japanese version currently being sold in Japan.
RobotServicesGroup wrote:We bought the Japanese version of the I-Sobot that comes with white body coloring and blue trim, as opposed to the black body coloring and grey trim of the English speaking version. Check out our comparison of the two versions here .

Good review and comparision. Congratulations.

You're right - there are no significant performance differences between the Japanese and English models other than the language dependent functions like voice recognition and speech, and the packaging.

By the way, there is also a black body/grey trim Japanese version currently being sold in Japan.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1