i-SOBOT's wear and tear and paint

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

i-SOBOT's wear and tear and paint

Post by tom_chang79 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 am

Post by tom_chang79
Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:35 am

It's starting to get worn because when i-SOBOT tries to get up when laying on its back, it does the split and pushes his body forward and the chrome portion of his chest plate (battery cover) is starting to get worn out...

Anyone planning to paint this little guy with different colors?
It's starting to get worn because when i-SOBOT tries to get up when laying on its back, it does the split and pushes his body forward and the chrome portion of his chest plate (battery cover) is starting to get worn out...

tom_chang79 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: i-SOBOT's wear and tear and paint

Post by tempusmaster » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 pm

tom_chang79 wrote:It's starting to get worn because when i-SOBOT tries to get up when laying on its back, it does the split and pushes his body forward and the chrome portion of his chest plate (battery cover) is starting to get worn out...

How many hours do you think your i-SOBOT has been running so far?

If you post a photo of the wear I'm sure some of the TOMY folks will see it. They would probably appreciate the opportunity.

I have plans for a camo version, but just haven't had the time yet.
tom_chang79 wrote:It's starting to get worn because when i-SOBOT tries to get up when laying on its back, it does the split and pushes his body forward and the chrome portion of his chest plate (battery cover) is starting to get worn out...

How many hours do you think your i-SOBOT has been running so far?

If you post a photo of the wear I'm sure some of the TOMY folks will see it. They would probably appreciate the opportunity.

I have plans for a camo version, but just haven't had the time yet.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Humanoido » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Humanoido
Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:10 am

To prevent chrome wear on new i-SOBOTs, apply a small piece of clear tape.

humanoido
To prevent chrome wear on new i-SOBOTs, apply a small piece of clear tape.

humanoido
Humanoido offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by mvaughn12 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by mvaughn12
Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:53 pm

:lol: LOL I've played with mine about 4 times for about a total of 1 hour and has lost me chrome. I'll do a little touch up paint on is
:lol: LOL I've played with mine about 4 times for about a total of 1 hour and has lost me chrome. I'll do a little touch up paint on is
mvaughn12 offline

Post by Philosobot » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Philosobot
Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 am

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was thinking about giving my new i-sobot a custom paint job on the gray parts, but I don't know how to paint it, what paint to get, how to prep it or even what looks good! has anyone else painted it? If so then I would REALLY like your insight and help.

Thanks,
Phil.
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was thinking about giving my new i-sobot a custom paint job on the gray parts, but I don't know how to paint it, what paint to get, how to prep it or even what looks good! has anyone else painted it? If so then I would REALLY like your insight and help.

Thanks,
Phil.
Philosobot offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1