i-Sobot support?

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1

i-Sobot support?

Post by jbod » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 am

Post by jbod
Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 am

Any one here ever try to contact support for i-Sobot ... I have a new unit and think I may have a servo issue ... I have tried them for 2 days ... all I get is recording, placed on hold for 20 mins, system says leave a message and no one calls me back???

NOT GOOD!!!
Any one here ever try to contact support for i-Sobot ... I have a new unit and think I may have a servo issue ... I have tried them for 2 days ... all I get is recording, placed on hold for 20 mins, system says leave a message and no one calls me back???

NOT GOOD!!!
jbod offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by jbod » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by jbod
Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 pm

Just got a return call from support ... they indicated they had been having phone issues and where backed up ... They are sending a FedEx return slip to look at the i-sobot for repair or replacement.
Just got a return call from support ... they indicated they had been having phone issues and where backed up ... They are sending a FedEx return slip to look at the i-sobot for repair or replacement.
jbod offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Humanoido » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Humanoido
Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:25 am

What kind of things were happening with the servo? I'm glad to hear you're finally are getting some results to take care of the issue.

humanoido
What kind of things were happening with the servo? I'm glad to hear you're finally are getting some results to take care of the issue.

humanoido
Humanoido offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jbod » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by jbod
Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:46 pm

ANy motion that had it balancing (all weight) on the right foot servo ... would cause it to sway back and forth, then fall. :(
ANy motion that had it balancing (all weight) on the right foot servo ... would cause it to sway back and forth, then fall. :(
jbod offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Humanoido » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Humanoido
Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 am

With a new robot purchase, the store should swap it out for a new one. I wonder if you tried that. However, the one I purchased was the only one at the store! There's less inventory of these high ticket items.

humanoido
With a new robot purchase, the store should swap it out for a new one. I wonder if you tried that. However, the one I purchased was the only one at the store! There's less inventory of these high ticket items.

humanoido
Humanoido offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

I-SOBOT Servo issues

Post by cwignell » Sat May 31, 2008 12:08 am

Post by cwignell
Sat May 31, 2008 12:08 am

Hi all,

I got my I-Sobot in Hong Kong from UML hobbies, my robot has an issue with the elbow servo in the left arm it is very intermittent.

I tried the story and they said in 7 days they would swap it but after that I had to send it to the manufacturer. Well I did not get home to turn in on in 7 days! They could not tell me who to send it to and the guys in the warranty card don't answer the phone.

I am in Australia

any ideas?

thanks a lot
Hi all,

I got my I-Sobot in Hong Kong from UML hobbies, my robot has an issue with the elbow servo in the left arm it is very intermittent.

I tried the story and they said in 7 days they would swap it but after that I had to send it to the manufacturer. Well I did not get home to turn in on in 7 days! They could not tell me who to send it to and the guys in the warranty card don't answer the phone.

I am in Australia

any ideas?

thanks a lot
cwignell offline

Post by Humanoido » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Humanoido
Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:09 pm

They have a web site and you might try getting a response through email.

humanoido
They have a web site and you might try getting a response through email.

humanoido
Humanoido offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1