Just ordered my I-Sobot in the UK

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1

Just ordered my I-Sobot in the UK

Post by sbsshadow » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

Post by sbsshadow
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

Hey all , I just ordered my new I-Sobot from Amazon , im in the UK so will have to wait at least another month until I get it :-(

Is it worth the wait ?

I have never had any robots before, apart from Robosapien and Big Trak , way back in the day , lol.

But its something I really want to get into now, and hopefully get some better and more expensive ones.

Thanks

Steve
Hey all , I just ordered my new I-Sobot from Amazon , im in the UK so will have to wait at least another month until I get it :-(

Is it worth the wait ?

I have never had any robots before, apart from Robosapien and Big Trak , way back in the day , lol.

But its something I really want to get into now, and hopefully get some better and more expensive ones.

Thanks

Steve
sbsshadow offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Just ordered my I-Sobot in the UK

Post by StuartL » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 am

Post by StuartL
Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:21 am

sbsshadow wrote:Big Trak

Whoa. Flashback.

A mate of mine still has one of these, although it's been in the loft so long it's a little unclear whether it'd still work...
sbsshadow wrote:Big Trak

Whoa. Flashback.

A mate of mine still has one of these, although it's been in the loft so long it's a little unclear whether it'd still work...
StuartL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by sbsshadow » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:29 am

Post by sbsshadow
Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:29 am

Big Trak used to be great , was my favorite toy as a kid.
Big Trak used to be great , was my favorite toy as a kid.
sbsshadow offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Orac
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:02 pm

I have one, great fun, wish i had thetrailer though.
I have one, great fun, wish i had thetrailer though.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by sbsshadow » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by sbsshadow
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:21 pm

So ........... is the I-SOBOT worth the wait ?

Or should I have gone for the KHR-2HV ?

But considering I have never had any robots before, and my only building experience is that of building 1 remote control car.

Thanks All

Steve
So ........... is the I-SOBOT worth the wait ?

Or should I have gone for the KHR-2HV ?

But considering I have never had any robots before, and my only building experience is that of building 1 remote control car.

Thanks All

Steve
sbsshadow offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by AlphA » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by AlphA
Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:31 pm

When comparing the I-Sobot to the KHR-2HV, you're talking about two different worlds. Have you checked out the manuals for both? They are nothing alike. Were you really considering the KHR-2HV? The 2HV is over 3 times more expensive than an I-Sobot. That alone should tell you something.

The I-Sobot is pretty cool and probably the best choice for a super novice. Weather or not it's worth the wait is a matter of patience and taste. I had originally ordered my I-Sobot from amazon before the release date. I waited and waited. Then, I noticed that other people started to receive their I-Sobots. I emailed amazon asking them where my item was. After waiting a few more days for a reply, I canceled my order and bought my I-Sobot from fatbraintoys. Showed up in a couple of days. I hope your luck with amazon is better than mine.
When comparing the I-Sobot to the KHR-2HV, you're talking about two different worlds. Have you checked out the manuals for both? They are nothing alike. Were you really considering the KHR-2HV? The 2HV is over 3 times more expensive than an I-Sobot. That alone should tell you something.

The I-Sobot is pretty cool and probably the best choice for a super novice. Weather or not it's worth the wait is a matter of patience and taste. I had originally ordered my I-Sobot from amazon before the release date. I waited and waited. Then, I noticed that other people started to receive their I-Sobots. I emailed amazon asking them where my item was. After waiting a few more days for a reply, I canceled my order and bought my I-Sobot from fatbraintoys. Showed up in a couple of days. I hope your luck with amazon is better than mine.
AlphA offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by sbsshadow » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by sbsshadow
Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:36 pm

WOW, that dosnt give me much confidence in them :(

I hope I have better luck with them here in the UK.

Thanks

Steve
WOW, that dosnt give me much confidence in them :(

I hope I have better luck with them here in the UK.

Thanks

Steve
sbsshadow offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by sbsshadow » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:18 am

Post by sbsshadow
Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:18 am

I just bought one of these :

http://www.red5.co.uk/Robot-Arm-pr-515.html

Just to give me a tiny bit of building experience as I have never built any robots before ...

Anyone had one of these ?

Steve
I just bought one of these :

http://www.red5.co.uk/Robot-Arm-pr-515.html

Just to give me a tiny bit of building experience as I have never built any robots before ...

Anyone had one of these ?

Steve
sbsshadow offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Humanoido » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Humanoido
Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 pm

The isobot is certainly worth the wait! It's an amazing little humanoid ready to rock and roll right out of the box. The voice control is probably the most accurate I've seen, and it doesn't require an special voice training.

humanoido
The isobot is certainly worth the wait! It's an amazing little humanoid ready to rock and roll right out of the box. The voice control is probably the most accurate I've seen, and it doesn't require an special voice training.

humanoido
Humanoido offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1