Purchased a Used I-Sobot...a couple of questions..

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Purchased a Used I-Sobot...a couple of questions..

Post by Fullstop » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Fullstop
Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 am

He was missing the hex wrench so right out of the box he was all sorts of jacked up. After a good charge and a manual reading session I zeroed him in with my own 1.5mm hex and brought him back to normal.

He still has some wear on his chrome piece, but no big deal here.

My main concern is when he's standing there, he's kind of jittery. Actually, I'm akin it to more of an Idling car. Is this normal? I know nothing of them and want to make sure the little guy is as good as I can get him before I play with him.

Either way, all in all not a bad pick up for less than a hundred bucks. The guy needed the money...and I needed that robot!!!

Thank you.
He was missing the hex wrench so right out of the box he was all sorts of jacked up. After a good charge and a manual reading session I zeroed him in with my own 1.5mm hex and brought him back to normal.

He still has some wear on his chrome piece, but no big deal here.

My main concern is when he's standing there, he's kind of jittery. Actually, I'm akin it to more of an Idling car. Is this normal? I know nothing of them and want to make sure the little guy is as good as I can get him before I play with him.

Either way, all in all not a bad pick up for less than a hundred bucks. The guy needed the money...and I needed that robot!!!

Thank you.
Fullstop offline

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:24 pm

When the robot is standing in the home position, it shouldn't be moving. Our I-Sobot is motionless in the home position. It sounds like your home position is out of alignment, maybe by just a little. Do you hear the servos whining when the robot is standing? It doesn't harm the robot, but it does drain your batteries faster as the servos have to work all the time.

Keep tweaking the servo adjustments to minimize any jitters. We have found the I-Sobot much harder to adjust than the Robonova or KHR-1 because there is no PC interface and you have to manually adjust the servos with the hex wrench.
When the robot is standing in the home position, it shouldn't be moving. Our I-Sobot is motionless in the home position. It sounds like your home position is out of alignment, maybe by just a little. Do you hear the servos whining when the robot is standing? It doesn't harm the robot, but it does drain your batteries faster as the servos have to work all the time.

Keep tweaking the servo adjustments to minimize any jitters. We have found the I-Sobot much harder to adjust than the Robonova or KHR-1 because there is no PC interface and you have to manually adjust the servos with the hex wrench.
RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1