Differences between Janese, Asian and USA I-Sobot

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Differences between Janese, Asian and USA I-Sobot

Post by denodan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:37 am

Post by denodan
Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:37 am

I got an Asian version of I-Sobot, which is white with Blue and reading here was expecting it to speak Japanese, but to my supprise it speaks English. I think the charger is different also, as reading in here there are claims the batteries charge in 6 hours, but mine fully charge in 2 and the charger is different to the USA one I think.

The Charger is GP ReCyko+ and read the US one had a cover, mine has no cover. So what are the differences between all versions, and is the Asian version the rearest version?

As it is clearly different to both Japanese and US version, comes with a Japanese manual and English manual.
I got an Asian version of I-Sobot, which is white with Blue and reading here was expecting it to speak Japanese, but to my supprise it speaks English. I think the charger is different also, as reading in here there are claims the batteries charge in 6 hours, but mine fully charge in 2 and the charger is different to the USA one I think.

The Charger is GP ReCyko+ and read the US one had a cover, mine has no cover. So what are the differences between all versions, and is the Asian version the rearest version?

As it is clearly different to both Japanese and US version, comes with a Japanese manual and English manual.
denodan offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by PsiBot » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by PsiBot
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 pm

The Japanese version came in 2 variants. The early version is white and latest version is black. All speeches are in Japanese and manual only come in Japanese. The battery and charger is eneloop by Sanyo.
The Japanese version came in 2 variants. The early version is white and latest version is black. All speeches are in Japanese and manual only come in Japanese. The battery and charger is eneloop by Sanyo.
PsiBot offline

Post by tom_chang79 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by tom_chang79
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 pm

From what I understand, there were only two variants made, a Japanese one (the white one) and the American one (the black one).

Since you mentioned "Asia" version, I'm wondering the version you got was a counterfeit i-sobot.

I know for both version, you get three AAA Eneloop batteries (probably the best NiMH cells because of the low self-discharge rate) and an Eneloop charger with it.

GP is a NiMH manufacturer in China. Their batteries are wonderful, as I use them in RC Car applications. Eneloop is Sanyo, which is Japanese in origin if I remember correctly. But putting two and two together, I would lean towards the notion that the I-Sobot you got was a counterfeit...
From what I understand, there were only two variants made, a Japanese one (the white one) and the American one (the black one).

Since you mentioned "Asia" version, I'm wondering the version you got was a counterfeit i-sobot.

I know for both version, you get three AAA Eneloop batteries (probably the best NiMH cells because of the low self-discharge rate) and an Eneloop charger with it.

GP is a NiMH manufacturer in China. Their batteries are wonderful, as I use them in RC Car applications. Eneloop is Sanyo, which is Japanese in origin if I remember correctly. But putting two and two together, I would lean towards the notion that the I-Sobot you got was a counterfeit...
tom_chang79 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1