Isobot Hack Video

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

Isobot Hack Video

Post by Brickbob » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Brickbob
Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:17 pm

I have made some move using Basic Stamp 2.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR84q3zRKT8

Have Fun!!
I have made some move using Basic Stamp 2.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR84q3zRKT8

Have Fun!!
Brickbob offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Crazydoc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by Crazydoc
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey Brickbob,

great work on that mod. :D

How did you program the servos ?
With the serial bus from the servos ?

I will get my i-Sobot soon and I want to try it with the Arduino project from this page:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237771631/0

Please post more info on your mod and some pics from the cable connections.

Thank you. :)
Hey Brickbob,

great work on that mod. :D

How did you program the servos ?
With the serial bus from the servos ?

I will get my i-Sobot soon and I want to try it with the Arduino project from this page:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237771631/0

Please post more info on your mod and some pics from the cable connections.

Thank you. :)
Crazydoc offline

Post by Brickbob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Brickbob
Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:36 am

I will do that in few days time. I am quite busy right now. Maybe I will post it on my blog.
I will do that in few days time. I am quite busy right now. Maybe I will post it on my blog.
Brickbob offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by knuckles904 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:48 am

Post by knuckles904
Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:48 am

Yeah, please do post some details. I am the one who posted what crazydoc linked. I had problems trying to hack the servo protocol with the arduino but it might have been due to not being able to invert(or rather not invert) the serial signal. I checked out your parallax forum post. Congrats for being the first I know of to control the isobot's servos directly via microcontroller
Yeah, please do post some details. I am the one who posted what crazydoc linked. I had problems trying to hack the servo protocol with the arduino but it might have been due to not being able to invert(or rather not invert) the serial signal. I checked out your parallax forum post. Congrats for being the first I know of to control the isobot's servos directly via microcontroller
knuckles904 offline

Post by irocjr » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:43 am

Post by irocjr
Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:43 am

well i know that i have been hunting online for about 2 weeks now. looking for information on hacking the isobot. and the only one i know that actualy did it is you brickbob. i dont consider robodance a real hack. and i have seen a couple of people that took the isobot apart to look inside. but you are definatly by far the most advanced i have found with hacking him. i had almost given up hope on the subject untill i found this forum. thank you for raising my spirits and hope! please keep us posted.

i just wanted to add that i'm remarkably suprised that nobody has done anything close to what you are doing. whith as advanced as the isobot is, and the price for him. and the fact that he's been out for about 2 years now. it saddens me a little to think that the robosapien line gets more attention than our little isobot...
well i know that i have been hunting online for about 2 weeks now. looking for information on hacking the isobot. and the only one i know that actualy did it is you brickbob. i dont consider robodance a real hack. and i have seen a couple of people that took the isobot apart to look inside. but you are definatly by far the most advanced i have found with hacking him. i had almost given up hope on the subject untill i found this forum. thank you for raising my spirits and hope! please keep us posted.

i just wanted to add that i'm remarkably suprised that nobody has done anything close to what you are doing. whith as advanced as the isobot is, and the price for him. and the fact that he's been out for about 2 years now. it saddens me a little to think that the robosapien line gets more attention than our little isobot...
irocjr offline

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1