Should I get the I-sobot?

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

Should I get the I-sobot?

Post by Philosobot » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Philosobot
Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Hello I have a Bioloid beginner kit with 8 servos and I was just wondering about another robot to acompany it, since I don't want to spend too much money that could go to more servos for the BIoloid I was thinking about the I-sobot. Is it worth getting it for maybe pitting my Bioloid against it? Also where can I get one for fairly cheap?

Thanks,
Phil.
Hello I have a Bioloid beginner kit with 8 servos and I was just wondering about another robot to acompany it, since I don't want to spend too much money that could go to more servos for the BIoloid I was thinking about the I-sobot. Is it worth getting it for maybe pitting my Bioloid against it? Also where can I get one for fairly cheap?

Thanks,
Phil.
Philosobot offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Philosobot » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by Philosobot
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Never mind I got one off of ebay (new) for $100 and he should be here tomorrow!
Never mind I got one off of ebay (new) for $100 and he should be here tomorrow!
Philosobot offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by limor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am

Post by limor
Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am

the Isobot was designed as a remote-control toy. The bioloid is a tool for learning robotics.
the Isobot was designed as a remote-control toy. The bioloid is a tool for learning robotics.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Philosobot » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Philosobot
Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Yes I know, I was just asking if the I-sobot was a good second robot to get if I already had the Bioloid beginner. I know the differences between the robots are immense I was just asking if it was worth getting, how ever based on the reviews and how much it does I think it was a very good deal for $100! Although I haven't gotten it yet it should get here today!
Yes I know, I was just asking if the I-sobot was a good second robot to get if I already had the Bioloid beginner. I know the differences between the robots are immense I was just asking if it was worth getting, how ever based on the reviews and how much it does I think it was a very good deal for $100! Although I haven't gotten it yet it should get here today!
Philosobot offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by ChubbyPooh » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:12 am

Post by ChubbyPooh
Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:12 am

I remember one seminar that i've attended was "youth for Information Technology" and their main objective is to make student aware and can be able to create a robot.

I've made a robot but its a sumo car.

but unfortunately i've only used it 3 times but after that i can not move.

i don't no the problem.

i used a logo programming language to it.
I remember one seminar that i've attended was "youth for Information Technology" and their main objective is to make student aware and can be able to create a robot.

I've made a robot but its a sumo car.

but unfortunately i've only used it 3 times but after that i can not move.

i don't no the problem.

i used a logo programming language to it.
ChubbyPooh offline

No

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:50 am

Post by UncleBob
Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:50 am

Guess ppl trying to say it is not a good idea
Guess ppl trying to say it is not a good idea
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1