i-sobot falling over, cannot stand back up

Takara Tomy's i-SOBOT is the first humanoid "toy" launched at end of 2007. This forum is dedicated to hacking the i-SOBOT.
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

i-sobot falling over, cannot stand back up

Post by Mr. Brownstone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Mr. Brownstone
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:28 pm

hi, i just bought this and when it does certain actions it will fall flat on its face, then when it tries to stand it falls again just as its about to stand

it can walk ok and stand on one leg etc just falls when it does certain special actions

i'd lik to fix it myself as it was the last one in the shop and its a present for my little boy thanks.
hi, i just bought this and when it does certain actions it will fall flat on its face, then when it tries to stand it falls again just as its about to stand

it can walk ok and stand on one leg etc just falls when it does certain special actions

i'd lik to fix it myself as it was the last one in the shop and its a present for my little boy thanks.
Mr. Brownstone offline

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:54 pm

The simplest solutions are to make sure you are operating the robot on a flat, level surface and that the batteries are fully charged.

If that isn't the problem, then you may have to adjust the "zero position" of the robot. That would be surprising for a new robot, but it's possible.

On pages 29 and 30 of the instruction manual it explains how to use the allen wrench provided with the robot to adjust the robot's joints until the arrows match up as shown in the diagrams. Take a careful look at the arrows and try to determine which joint is out of alignment, and keep making small adjustments until the robot stops falling.
The simplest solutions are to make sure you are operating the robot on a flat, level surface and that the batteries are fully charged.

If that isn't the problem, then you may have to adjust the "zero position" of the robot. That would be surprising for a new robot, but it's possible.

On pages 29 and 30 of the instruction manual it explains how to use the allen wrench provided with the robot to adjust the robot's joints until the arrows match up as shown in the diagrams. Take a careful look at the arrows and try to determine which joint is out of alignment, and keep making small adjustments until the robot stops falling.
RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Zero and Home Position are Different

Post by pdonner » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by pdonner
Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm

I understand how to align in Zero position but when I push the home position button the robot goes out of alignment and cannot stand up. It has a small deviation from straight up/down on one leg which makes him fall over in HP. ZP he is perfectly aligned. Shouldn't HP take reference from ZP? Any suggestions on how to fix this alignment problem?
I understand how to align in Zero position but when I push the home position button the robot goes out of alignment and cannot stand up. It has a small deviation from straight up/down on one leg which makes him fall over in HP. ZP he is perfectly aligned. Shouldn't HP take reference from ZP? Any suggestions on how to fix this alignment problem?
pdonner offline

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1