Help connecting to Robophilo

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Help connecting to Robophilo

Post by apa robotos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 am

Post by apa robotos
Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 am

I am building a Robophilo Kit. I am at the stage where I need to make connection to the robot with a PC. I have taked the following steps:

Copied the RoboPhilo CD to my hard disk
Ran dotnetfx amnd installed .net 2.0 from MS
Ran vcredist_x86 to install Visual C++ 2005 SP1
Connected serial cable to a usb port with the cable provided
I can run the Philo program
I can select a COM port. I can verify that a new COM port # appears when I connect, and I select that port #
I can enter the philo-motion file and it is accepted and after a little bit I get an OK that it is loaded

At this point when I go to the fine tuning tab, I can enter position values for the servos, but nothing happens...

Any advice for how to troubleshoot this situation would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul
I am building a Robophilo Kit. I am at the stage where I need to make connection to the robot with a PC. I have taked the following steps:

Copied the RoboPhilo CD to my hard disk
Ran dotnetfx amnd installed .net 2.0 from MS
Ran vcredist_x86 to install Visual C++ 2005 SP1
Connected serial cable to a usb port with the cable provided
I can run the Philo program
I can select a COM port. I can verify that a new COM port # appears when I connect, and I select that port #
I can enter the philo-motion file and it is accepted and after a little bit I get an OK that it is loaded

At this point when I go to the fine tuning tab, I can enter position values for the servos, but nothing happens...

Any advice for how to troubleshoot this situation would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul
apa robotos offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1