robophilo

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
205 postsPage 14 of 141 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Post by prathik23 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by prathik23
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Thank you... Did you try to build your own motions?

I am just trying to get work with the default motions till know and will be creating my own set of motions soon.
Thank you... Did you try to build your own motions?

I am just trying to get work with the default motions till know and will be creating my own set of motions soon.
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

prathik23 wrote:Thank you... Did you try to build your own motions?

i have made some changes in some basic motions like walking and siting down - up. and a robonova tribute motion, now i just wanna make some servos upgrades and i have some technical difficulties with my new high torque servos (mg 996) after that and if my project will work i will try to make more advanced motions like robonova or KHR do ... :) adding and some sensors is my next (far) goal!

i think for a such a low budget robot is a very good product for the entry level... keep working my friend .... ! :)
prathik23 wrote:Thank you... Did you try to build your own motions?

i have made some changes in some basic motions like walking and siting down - up. and a robonova tribute motion, now i just wanna make some servos upgrades and i have some technical difficulties with my new high torque servos (mg 996) after that and if my project will work i will try to make more advanced motions like robonova or KHR do ... :) adding and some sensors is my next (far) goal!

i think for a such a low budget robot is a very good product for the entry level... keep working my friend .... ! :)
SabbathbloodySabbath offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 am

Post by prathik23
Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 am

I tried working on Bioloid(which has better torque) before working on Robophilo. But it has less degrees of freedom and then I switched yo robophilo. I am waiting for the SDK and will start programming it ASAP...
I tried working on Bioloid(which has better torque) before working on Robophilo. But it has less degrees of freedom and then I switched yo robophilo. I am waiting for the SDK and will start programming it ASAP...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath
Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:36 pm

nice, after you receive the SDK please post again with your opinion about SDK and how easy to programming with it is.

i will order the SDK to but first i wanna upgrade the servos to have more strong and precise move of the body and then i will move on with the SDK...
nice, after you receive the SDK please post again with your opinion about SDK and how easy to programming with it is.

i will order the SDK to but first i wanna upgrade the servos to have more strong and precise move of the body and then i will move on with the SDK...
SabbathbloodySabbath offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by prathik23
Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm

I already got the SDK for the previous robophilo... it is very simple to program with the SDK. But the old robophilo i got has some problem with the PCB so sent back and got a new one... still waiting for the SDK for the new robo
I already got the SDK for the previous robophilo... it is very simple to program with the SDK. But the old robophilo i got has some problem with the PCB so sent back and got a new one... still waiting for the SDK for the new robo
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by prathik23
Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:20 pm

SabbathbloodySabbath wrote:nice, after you receive the SDK please post again with your opinion about SDK and how easy to programming with it is.

I tried loding a new motion file to the Robot. The previous settings are lost and I am unable to recover it back into the previous state. How can I reset the settings to the factory tune settings? Do you have any idea?
SabbathbloodySabbath wrote:nice, after you receive the SDK please post again with your opinion about SDK and how easy to programming with it is.

I tried loding a new motion file to the Robot. The previous settings are lost and I am unable to recover it back into the previous state. How can I reset the settings to the factory tune settings? Do you have any idea?
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 am

Post by robomaster
Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 am

If you load the motion file only and not loading the configuration, your root should remember the old setting.

Do you have a print out as birth certificate for the robot? It has the settings for your robot. You can type it back when you do the fine tuning.

You can try the loadphilo utility with the generation motion file option to get the tuning setting from the robot.
If you load the motion file only and not loading the configuration, your root should remember the old setting.

Do you have a print out as birth certificate for the robot? It has the settings for your robot. You can type it back when you do the fine tuning.

You can try the loadphilo utility with the generation motion file option to get the tuning setting from the robot.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by prathik23
Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

I tried doing that. I have the print out of the birth certificate and entered all those values and the philo-motion file, which I have has all those settings but still he is not standing up. He is not at all responding to the commands, but I am able to connect using the philo.exe.

I don't no whats wrong with him and how can I make him walk...

Do you have any idea what should i do?

Thank you...
I tried doing that. I have the print out of the birth certificate and entered all those values and the philo-motion file, which I have has all those settings but still he is not standing up. He is not at all responding to the commands, but I am able to connect using the philo.exe.

I don't no whats wrong with him and how can I make him walk...

Do you have any idea what should i do?

Thank you...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am

Post by robomaster
Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am

you can try following the steps in www.robobrothers.com FAQ to reload the firmware, motion and configuration tunning. Sometimes, the firmware get erased if the robot is run at very low voltage. You can reload them in a few minutes.
you can try following the steps in www.robobrothers.com FAQ to reload the firmware, motion and configuration tunning. Sometimes, the firmware get erased if the robot is run at very low voltage. You can reload them in a few minutes.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 am

Post by prathik23
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 am

Thank you. i did that and my he stood up and started working. But today i faced another problem. i can't connect him in download mode. it says either robot has not been connected or it was not connected with in 10 secs. How can I make him work?
Thank you. i did that and my he stood up and started working. But today i faced another problem. i can't connect him in download mode. it says either robot has not been connected or it was not connected with in 10 secs. How can I make him work?
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Previous
Previous