robophilo

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
205 postsPage 12 of 141 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

missing step 10 to step 13

Post by prathik23 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 am

Post by prathik23
Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 am

I started assembling my philo... I assembled the legs and there are some steps missing from page 24 to 25.

In page 24 it shows step 9 as the last step and in page 25 it begins with 14.

Can you please let me know how to manage those steps...
I started assembling my philo... I assembled the legs and there are some steps missing from page 24 to 25.

In page 24 it shows step 9 as the last step and in page 25 it begins with 14.

Can you please let me know how to manage those steps...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by prathik23
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 pm

I figured i out.. the original manual is robobrothers site
I figured i out.. the original manual is robobrothers site
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

External Power supply

Post by prathik23 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by prathik23
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Is there any means of adding an external power supply to the robophilo. I don't want to use it on batteries. Where can I buy an external power source...
Is there any means of adding an external power supply to the robophilo. I don't want to use it on batteries. Where can I buy an external power source...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by dreamray » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by dreamray
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

You have a couple of quick easy options

1. Keep the power supply connected to the bat during use.

2. Use an external bat to power for longer, all you need is to make sure the voltage is correct. size would not be a limiting factor

Both of these have the problem that you have a lead connected which i have found can effect the movment and topple the robot
You have a couple of quick easy options

1. Keep the power supply connected to the bat during use.

2. Use an external bat to power for longer, all you need is to make sure the voltage is correct. size would not be a limiting factor

Both of these have the problem that you have a lead connected which i have found can effect the movment and topple the robot
dreamray offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 am

Post by prathik23
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 am

Thank you... I will try that...
Thank you... I will try that...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

Post by robomaster
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

You can connect the power supply and run the robot while charging. You can use this approach to do the motion programming for a few hours.

If you wants to run the robot without the battery, you may need a 3.5A power supply for roboPhilo
You can connect the power supply and run the robot while charging. You can use this approach to do the motion programming for a few hours.

If you wants to run the robot without the battery, you may need a 3.5A power supply for roboPhilo
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by prathik23
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 pm

where can I buy that power supply kit?

This may sound silly but I want to know weather the robobrothers sell this?
where can I buy that power supply kit?

This may sound silly but I want to know weather the robobrothers sell this?
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 am

Post by robomaster
Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 am

you can use the charger (power supply) come with the product.
you can use the charger (power supply) come with the product.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

stuck up with fine tuning section

Post by prathik23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 am

Post by prathik23
Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 am

Hello,

I got stuck up in the fine tuning section. My PHILO is a kit version. I assembled the body. But I can't do the fine tuning section. I connected the robot to the com port and installed robophilo.exe on my machine

Then I loaded a new file named Philo-motion-2.txt and selected the fine tuning tab.

Here comes the problem, I tried changing the servo position, but even I click the save button the position is not changing. The manual says adjust Offset or ATV to align the marker but I can't do that.

What should I do.

Thank you.

Regards,
Prathik Gadde.
Hello,

I got stuck up in the fine tuning section. My PHILO is a kit version. I assembled the body. But I can't do the fine tuning section. I connected the robot to the com port and installed robophilo.exe on my machine

Then I loaded a new file named Philo-motion-2.txt and selected the fine tuning tab.

Here comes the problem, I tried changing the servo position, but even I click the save button the position is not changing. The manual says adjust Offset or ATV to align the marker but I can't do that.

What should I do.

Thank you.

Regards,
Prathik Gadde.
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: stuck up with fine tuning section

Post by robomaster » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 am

Post by robomaster
Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 am

can you verify the serial port is working? Does the GUI report done when you open the motion file? Are you using usb to serial converter? Have you put the jumper to slot 5 for normal function when you do the fine tune? Does the coarse tuning works ok?
can you verify the serial port is working? Does the GUI report done when you open the motion file? Are you using usb to serial converter? Have you put the jumper to slot 5 for normal function when you do the fine tune? Does the coarse tuning works ok?
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 am

Post by prathik23
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 am

can you verify the serial port is working?

Yes the serial port is working. The redlight blows when I turned it on and the robot did move when I turned it on.

Does the GUI report done when you open the motion file?

Yes it gave the response that the motion file has bee loaded

Are you using usb to serial converter?

Yes I am using the USB to serial converter

Have you put the jumper to slot 5 for normal function when you do the fine tune?

I connected to the slot 5

Does the coarse tuning works ok?
Did you mean tuning the servos when assembling. If you are asking that, yes I did and it worked alright.
can you verify the serial port is working?

Yes the serial port is working. The redlight blows when I turned it on and the robot did move when I turned it on.

Does the GUI report done when you open the motion file?

Yes it gave the response that the motion file has bee loaded

Are you using usb to serial converter?

Yes I am using the USB to serial converter

Have you put the jumper to slot 5 for normal function when you do the fine tune?

I connected to the slot 5

Does the coarse tuning works ok?
Did you mean tuning the servos when assembling. If you are asking that, yes I did and it worked alright.
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 am

Post by robomaster
Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 am

I suspect you do not have correct com port specified or the usb to serial converter is not compatible.

Can you confirm to load the motion file using the loadphilo utility?

For fine tuning, you need to open the motion file with correct com port, after it reports loaded, you can use the fine tuning tab. Don't click 'connect'. when you change the position of the servo, the robot should move. no need to click the save button.
I suspect you do not have correct com port specified or the usb to serial converter is not compatible.

Can you confirm to load the motion file using the loadphilo utility?

For fine tuning, you need to open the motion file with correct com port, after it reports loaded, you can use the fine tuning tab. Don't click 'connect'. when you change the position of the servo, the robot should move. no need to click the save button.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by prathik23
Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 pm

even i guess the same... using philo.exe it said that comport has been successfully connected. But when I tried using the loadphilo.exe it said that COM4292492 doesn't exist. It is not the problem of the serial to USB connector. Because I even tried using direct RS 232 port cable to my desktop, it returned the same error, which means the port is not getting recognized. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Please help me out.

Thank you...
even i guess the same... using philo.exe it said that comport has been successfully connected. But when I tried using the loadphilo.exe it said that COM4292492 doesn't exist. It is not the problem of the serial to USB connector. Because I even tried using direct RS 232 port cable to my desktop, it returned the same error, which means the port is not getting recognized. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Please help me out.

Thank you...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:14 am

Post by robomaster
Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:14 am

COM port cannot be that large like 4292492. Something wrong with your usb 2 rs232 adaptor? It normally has com port below 10.

What OS are you running? Are you running with virtual machine?
COM port cannot be that large like 4292492. Something wrong with your usb 2 rs232 adaptor? It normally has com port below 10.

What OS are you running? Are you running with virtual machine?
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by prathik23 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 am

Post by prathik23
Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:58 am

Ya i am also confused by seeing that number. As of I know the port number can be between 1-10 or something like that. I entered the port number a COM2 but still it is showing the error. The same kind of error happened even I used without the serial port to USB connector. I am using windows XP.
Ya i am also confused by seeing that number. As of I know the port number can be between 1-10 or something like that. I entered the port number a COM2 but still it is showing the error. The same kind of error happened even I used without the serial port to USB connector. I am using windows XP.
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

PreviousNext
PreviousNext