robophilo

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
205 postsPage 13 of 141 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath
Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:07 pm

hello fellow roboticist...
the day has come...
in a few ours i m ganna get my own rtw robophilo
i hope that i take a good decision as my second humanoid robot (the first one is a little guy named i-sobot mouahaha)
sorry for my terrible english i use to speak better Greek.. lol...
hello fellow roboticist...
the day has come...
in a few ours i m ganna get my own rtw robophilo
i hope that i take a good decision as my second humanoid robot (the first one is a little guy named i-sobot mouahaha)
sorry for my terrible english i use to speak better Greek.. lol...
SabbathbloodySabbath offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 am

Post by prathik23
Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:49 am

when will you get it?
when will you get it?
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

my new philo

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:32 am

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:32 am

ooooooooojeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i got it.......
but i can't find the CD with the software needed, inside the box unfortunately didn't find nothing ... tomorrow i will try to contact my seller for more info about this issue.I cant believe this ... i was waiting to buy my bot and now can't pout him alive .....wtf !
ooooooooojeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i got it.......
but i can't find the CD with the software needed, inside the box unfortunately didn't find nothing ... tomorrow i will try to contact my seller for more info about this issue.I cant believe this ... i was waiting to buy my bot and now can't pout him alive .....wtf !
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 am

Post by prathik23
Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 am

did you assemble that... i got the CD but unfortunately unable to fine tune it... struggling from a week and finally 2 days back my battery dead and I am expecting a replacement in this week... we are on the same boat now...
did you assemble that... i got the CD but unfortunately unable to fine tune it... struggling from a week and finally 2 days back my battery dead and I am expecting a replacement in this week... we are on the same boat now...
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 pm

prathik23 wrote:did you assemble that... i got the CD but unfortunately unable to fine tune it... struggling from a week and finally 2 days back my battery dead and I am expecting a replacement in this week... we are on the same boat now...

No i got the RTW (ready to walk version) the price was very good, 350 euros in Greece... i have send an email on robophilo support center and i explain the situation... i asked them to send me the software via email or something like that if possible... we will see...
i think the supplied battery with this bot is a crap of $^%.. a modification is recurred , a bigger battery at least 1500 -2000 mA. 700mA to drive 20 servos ?
prathik23 wrote:did you assemble that... i got the CD but unfortunately unable to fine tune it... struggling from a week and finally 2 days back my battery dead and I am expecting a replacement in this week... we are on the same boat now...

No i got the RTW (ready to walk version) the price was very good, 350 euros in Greece... i have send an email on robophilo support center and i explain the situation... i asked them to send me the software via email or something like that if possible... we will see...
i think the supplied battery with this bot is a crap of $^%.. a modification is recurred , a bigger battery at least 1500 -2000 mA. 700mA to drive 20 servos ?
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by robomaster » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by robomaster
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:05 pm

The 700 mAH battery runs at least 20 minutes for me in kung fu competition. You can also buy the second battery and upgrade harness to carry 2 battery inside the robot. The battery works ok for me so far, unless it is over heat by over charging overnight and get very hot. The battery has overheat and short circuit protections.
The 700 mAH battery runs at least 20 minutes for me in kung fu competition. You can also buy the second battery and upgrade harness to carry 2 battery inside the robot. The battery works ok for me so far, unless it is over heat by over charging overnight and get very hot. The battery has overheat and short circuit protections.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robomaster » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by robomaster
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:20 pm

The software CD is put at the back inside the box. You can try unload every package from the box and see if it is taped at the back of one of the paper package.
The software CD is put at the back inside the box. You can try unload every package from the box and see if it is taped at the back of one of the paper package.
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:59 am

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:59 am

robomaster wrote:The software CD is put at the back inside the box. You can try unload every package from the box and see if it is taped at the back of one of the paper package.

:lol:
it's about 2 days now i search the box over and over again .... but with no luck at all ... :(
just waiting the answer from Philo support...
i just wandering how big is the containing files on the CD... if it could be possible to send it via internet on a zip file ...
robomaster wrote:The software CD is put at the back inside the box. You can try unload every package from the box and see if it is taped at the back of one of the paper package.

:lol:
it's about 2 days now i search the box over and over again .... but with no luck at all ... :(
just waiting the answer from Philo support...
i just wandering how big is the containing files on the CD... if it could be possible to send it via internet on a zip file ...
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm

i still don't have any answer from robophilo support center about the missing software from my RTW bot ...... ahhhh my nerves !!!! :evil:
i still don't have any answer from robophilo support center about the missing software from my RTW bot ...... ahhhh my nerves !!!! :evil:
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by robomaster » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:36 am

Post by robomaster
Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:36 am

What email address have you send your request to?

I usually get response from support@robobrothers.com in a day or 2.
What email address have you send your request to?

robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 pm

robomaster wrote:What email address have you send your request to?

Ahh finally i receive the OK from the support center .... they ganna send a new software CD a.s.a.p. as they told me ... i contact them on support@robophilo.com and i receive my answer from Radar Company Limited, after i google it i find their home page: http://www.radarrc.com/index_eng.php It must be a big hobby center somewhere in china - Hong-Kong or something and maybe there is the support for the European customers.
i hope to a fast delivery because i cant wait any more... i have Robophilo 6 days now and i cant even run the basic moves because he may need a fine tune again...
robomaster wrote:What email address have you send your request to?

Ahh finally i receive the OK from the support center .... they ganna send a new software CD a.s.a.p. as they told me ... i contact them on support@robophilo.com and i receive my answer from Radar Company Limited, after i google it i find their home page: http://www.radarrc.com/index_eng.php It must be a big hobby center somewhere in china - Hong-Kong or something and maybe there is the support for the European customers.
i hope to a fast delivery because i cant wait any more... i have Robophilo 6 days now and i cant even run the basic moves because he may need a fine tune again...
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by robomaster » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

Post by robomaster
Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

good !
good !
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 am

Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 am

I end-up with some broken servos on the legs... this robot is very delicate ....
you can broke something just by holding it to your hands...
i have ordered some new digital metal geared servos (the TowerPro mg 996)
and i hope to solve this problem....
just 6 euros each from ebay... i ordered 4 servos to see if the horns will feet... lets see....

Merry Christmas
I end-up with some broken servos on the legs... this robot is very delicate ....
you can broke something just by holding it to your hands...
i have ordered some new digital metal geared servos (the TowerPro mg 996)
and i hope to solve this problem....
just 6 euros each from ebay... i ordered 4 servos to see if the horns will feet... lets see....

Merry Christmas
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by prathik23 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by prathik23
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

In the motio-library, the readme.txt says that we can only give motion files upto 8kb. I didn't understand what it really means. Can't I give a motion file more that 8kb? But in the motio-library folder there are many motion files which are more that 8 kb for instance base-motion.txt is 38kb, dance.txt is 15kb and eight.txt is 16kb. I am sure the motion, which I am planning to write will be more than that. What is the funda behind that?
In the motio-library, the readme.txt says that we can only give motion files upto 8kb. I didn't understand what it really means. Can't I give a motion file more that 8kb? But in the motio-library folder there are many motion files which are more that 8 kb for instance base-motion.txt is 38kb, dance.txt is 15kb and eight.txt is 16kb. I am sure the motion, which I am planning to write will be more than that. What is the funda behind that?
prathik23 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

prathik23 wrote:In the motio-library, the readme.txt says that we can only give motion files upto 8kb. I didn't understand what it really means. Can't I give a motion file more that 8kb? But in the motio-library folder there are many motion files which are more that 8 kb for instance base-motion.txt is 38kb, dance.txt is 15kb and eight.txt is 16kb. I am sure the motion, which I am planning to write will be more than that. What is the funda behind that?

hi there ...
i imagine that 8 kB is the clear binary motion data that the controller can handle, by loading the motionfile.txt in the philo motion creator actually you load only the binary information of the motions that the philo controller needs and is by far less then 8 kB of binary codes...
prathik23 wrote:In the motio-library, the readme.txt says that we can only give motion files upto 8kb. I didn't understand what it really means. Can't I give a motion file more that 8kb? But in the motio-library folder there are many motion files which are more that 8 kb for instance base-motion.txt is 38kb, dance.txt is 15kb and eight.txt is 16kb. I am sure the motion, which I am planning to write will be more than that. What is the funda behind that?

hi there ...
i imagine that 8 kB is the clear binary motion data that the controller can handle, by loading the motionfile.txt in the philo motion creator actually you load only the binary information of the motions that the philo controller needs and is by far less then 8 kB of binary codes...
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

PreviousNext
PreviousNext