Robophilo kit

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Robophilo kit

Post by ozzy69 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:47 am

Post by ozzy69
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:47 am

Hiya,

I've just received my robophilo kit, here in the uk woo hoo!! I know nothing about robotics but have been fascinated for sometime with humanoid robots but just couldn't justify spending so much on a hobby,which I might not get on with. I'm sure I will though :-)

So is there any hints or tips you can give me on building the kit i.e. is there anything to look out for or you would have done differently?

great site by the way!

Tim
Hiya,

I've just received my robophilo kit, here in the uk woo hoo!! I know nothing about robotics but have been fascinated for sometime with humanoid robots but just couldn't justify spending so much on a hobby,which I might not get on with. I'm sure I will though :-)

So is there any hints or tips you can give me on building the kit i.e. is there anything to look out for or you would have done differently?

great site by the way!

Tim
ozzy69 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Baccman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Baccman
Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:45 pm

It would be a good idea to read through the post titled 'robophilo'. In that post there are a lot of little tidbits that make the process go alot smoother. This is my first true humanoid robot type project and so far I am happy.

Right now mine is built (took me about 8hr over 4-5 nights to do) and am trying to get him all tuned up. Dont lose any of the screws, because when you are done there are no extra parts. With the screws being so small I am suprised they didn't include at least a few spares.
It would be a good idea to read through the post titled 'robophilo'. In that post there are a lot of little tidbits that make the process go alot smoother. This is my first true humanoid robot type project and so far I am happy.

Right now mine is built (took me about 8hr over 4-5 nights to do) and am trying to get him all tuned up. Dont lose any of the screws, because when you are done there are no extra parts. With the screws being so small I am suprised they didn't include at least a few spares.
Baccman offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by ozzy69 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by ozzy69
Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:45 pm

cheers! took your advice. 8hrs was good going. I've spent all weekend doing it and it isn't finished yet.
cheers! took your advice. 8hrs was good going. I've spent all weekend doing it and it isn't finished yet.
ozzy69 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1