fast walk

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
11 postsPage 1 of 1
11 postsPage 1 of 1

fast walk

Post by trey3670 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by trey3670
Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm

argg. I am really thinking this software and I don't get along. I have try ed d-loading it the way the manual says and cant get it loaded anyone else have success?
argg. I am really thinking this software and I don't get along. I have try ed d-loading it the way the manual says and cant get it loaded anyone else have success?
trey3670 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaybirdtke » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by jaybirdtke
Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 pm

I was able to load the fast walk. Make sure all of the Poses,Sequences, and Routines listed and that the syntax is correct before and after you past into the motion file that you are attempting to upload.
I was able to load the fast walk. Make sure all of the Poses,Sequences, and Routines listed and that the syntax is correct before and after you past into the motion file that you are attempting to upload.
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by trey3670 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by trey3670
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 pm

what file did you put it in? I am trying philo-motion
what file did you put it in? I am trying philo-motion
trey3670 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaybirdtke » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by jaybirdtke
Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:58 pm

I put it in all of my motion files. I'm sure they work. You must have done something wrong.
I put it in all of my motion files. I'm sure they work. You must have done something wrong.
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Baccman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Baccman
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am

Where do you find that file? I saw the info on robobrothers but can't seem to find the place to get the file. So trey, if you have the file your one step ahead of me.
Where do you find that file? I saw the info on robobrothers but can't seem to find the place to get the file. So trey, if you have the file your one step ahead of me.
Baccman offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by trey3670 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:36 am

Post by trey3670
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:36 am

on the robobrothers site it is under the motion files tab,there is a fast walk and a stable walk file there,

ok so here is what I am doing I open the page and it opens in notepad,I copy the whole page then open the philo-motion go to the bottom of the page and paste,then save then load through the gui and nothing.
on the robobrothers site it is under the motion files tab,there is a fast walk and a stable walk file there,

ok so here is what I am doing I open the page and it opens in notepad,I copy the whole page then open the philo-motion go to the bottom of the page and paste,then save then load through the gui and nothing.
trey3670 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaybirdtke » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 am

Post by jaybirdtke
Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 am

That is wrong. You have to cut the pose's only and paste them at the end of the list of pose's, then cut the list of sequences only and paste them at the end of the list of sequences, then cut and past the list of routines at the end of the routines. The structure of Pose's, Sequences, then Routines must be maintained, also pay attention to the headers and footers of each and keep them consistent with the original motion file.
Here is a link to the motion files on the robobrothers website.
http://www.robobrothers.com/Motion_File_Gallery.html
Good Luck
That is wrong. You have to cut the pose's only and paste them at the end of the list of pose's, then cut the list of sequences only and paste them at the end of the list of sequences, then cut and past the list of routines at the end of the routines. The structure of Pose's, Sequences, then Routines must be maintained, also pay attention to the headers and footers of each and keep them consistent with the original motion file.
Here is a link to the motion files on the robobrothers website.
http://www.robobrothers.com/Motion_File_Gallery.html
Good Luck
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaybirdtke » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 am

Post by jaybirdtke
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 am

You also need to add the poses and sequences from the fastwalk.txt file located on the cd and combine that with the poses and sequences from the fastwalk posted on their website.
You also need to add the poses and sequences from the fastwalk.txt file located on the cd and combine that with the poses and sequences from the fastwalk posted on their website.
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaybirdtke » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 am

Post by jaybirdtke
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 am

jaybirdtke wrote:You also need to add the poses and sequences from the fastwalk.txt file located on the cd and combine that with the poses and sequences from the fastwalk posted on their website.

Correction, you do not need to combine the fastwalk from the CD with the one posted on the robobrothers website. It works without combining the two.
jaybirdtke wrote:You also need to add the poses and sequences from the fastwalk.txt file located on the cd and combine that with the poses and sequences from the fastwalk posted on their website.

Correction, you do not need to combine the fastwalk from the CD with the one posted on the robobrothers website. It works without combining the two.
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Baccman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Baccman
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 am

I did it just like the readme said to and pasted the whole fastwalk file to the end of my philo-motion file and that worked fine. However when I added the stablewalk to the end of that, I got nothing. So then I added to stablewalk to the end of the original philo-motion file and the stablewalk worked.

I am just guessing that the file becomes too large and will not fit in philo's memory, so the end just disappears. I am going to try the jaybirdtke method though because the fast walk is not very fast and the stable walk is not very stable.

Lastly, how do you get the number buttons to work? I can get them defined in the philo program and seem to work when philo is hooked to the computer(I select the button on the computer and click run). but the actual buttons on the remote...nada.
I did it just like the readme said to and pasted the whole fastwalk file to the end of my philo-motion file and that worked fine. However when I added the stablewalk to the end of that, I got nothing. So then I added to stablewalk to the end of the original philo-motion file and the stablewalk worked.

I am just guessing that the file becomes too large and will not fit in philo's memory, so the end just disappears. I am going to try the jaybirdtke method though because the fast walk is not very fast and the stable walk is not very stable.

Lastly, how do you get the number buttons to work? I can get them defined in the philo program and seem to work when philo is hooked to the computer(I select the button on the computer and click run). but the actual buttons on the remote...nada.
Baccman offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by jaybirdtke » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Post by jaybirdtke
Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:56 pm

all numbers must be 2 digits (01, 02, 03, etc.) and you must wait about 2 secondes between each digit, then press enter after the 2 digits. It works but not very consistently.
all numbers must be 2 digits (01, 02, 03, etc.) and you must wait about 2 secondes between each digit, then press enter after the 2 digits. It works but not very consistently.
jaybirdtke offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

11 postsPage 1 of 1
11 postsPage 1 of 1