A little fine tuning help/advice?

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

A little fine tuning help/advice?

Post by RiffRaff » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:15 am

Post by RiffRaff
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:15 am

Hey all,

Thanks for all the info from last year. I think I have everything loaded and ready to go.... seems to connect to the robot fine, but in the finetuning tab.... nothing.

I went through the com settings just to be sure, so I know I've got the right com because I can only get a connection on com1.

Philo runs ok, LoadPhilo too. I've got the jumper on 2 pin slot 5.

Does anybody remember the steps to fine tune?

Also, has anybody upgraded? Any recommendations for upgrades, or advice for making the robot walk- once I get the fine tuning done, of course.

Thanks,

Riff
Hey all,

Thanks for all the info from last year. I think I have everything loaded and ready to go.... seems to connect to the robot fine, but in the finetuning tab.... nothing.

I went through the com settings just to be sure, so I know I've got the right com because I can only get a connection on com1.

Philo runs ok, LoadPhilo too. I've got the jumper on 2 pin slot 5.

Does anybody remember the steps to fine tune?

Also, has anybody upgraded? Any recommendations for upgrades, or advice for making the robot walk- once I get the fine tuning done, of course.

Thanks,

Riff
RiffRaff offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by robomaster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 am

Post by robomaster
Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:48 am

if loadphilo work, it means your com port is working. You can use the gui philo.exe, open the default motion file, wait for the initialization ok before go to the fine tune tab. make sure you set the jumper back to slot 5 for normal function. If you change the position of say left shoulder, it should move, if not, check if the servos are power up and have torque. If not, may be a jumper at the right bottom corner is not connected. Try only plug in the left shoulder servo and fine tune that servo in case some servo is shorted and draw all the current. I am guessing here....
if loadphilo work, it means your com port is working. You can use the gui philo.exe, open the default motion file, wait for the initialization ok before go to the fine tune tab. make sure you set the jumper back to slot 5 for normal function. If you change the position of say left shoulder, it should move, if not, check if the servos are power up and have torque. If not, may be a jumper at the right bottom corner is not connected. Try only plug in the left shoulder servo and fine tune that servo in case some servo is shorted and draw all the current. I am guessing here....
robomaster offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1