Robobrothers has a new PS2 controller now

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1

Robobrothers has a new PS2 controller now

Post by roboticow1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:14 am

Post by roboticow1
Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:14 am

New to the forum.
I've had the robophilo for about 6 months. It took a little getting used to, with all the buttons on the user screen just to save one little thing, and a battery issue, but everything is ok.
I just ordered the PS2 controller that robobrothers is now selling. They wrote me after I ordered and said......

"Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the purchase of the PS2 controller for RoboPhilo.

Due to the delay of the official package and manual, would you mind if I send you the controller and the instruction to keep you going first? Once we get the official manual done, I will email you the manual later. I will work with you to make sure you can bring up the controller and have fun with the Ps2 controlling RoboPhilo.

Regards,

RoboBrothers."

I said sure.
I'll keep everyone posted on how the new controller works.

I instruct a class of 7th and 8th graders and I purchased a total of five kits.
If any of you are reading this and wagging your head thinking 7th and 8th graders?! Your right, it was an adventure to say the least!
But the robots are built and things are ok now.

My problem is that I can't get the remote to work more than one philo. I did every thing according to the instructions and then some. We can't get a decent fight to happen when you have two philos doing the same thing all the time.
If anybody has any suggestions, I would definitely appreciate it.

Also, I did modify the lower body with stronger servos on my philo. I had to make my own brackets but it came out good. Hopefully this PS2 controller will be alot better than the TV remote!

Anthony
New to the forum.
I've had the robophilo for about 6 months. It took a little getting used to, with all the buttons on the user screen just to save one little thing, and a battery issue, but everything is ok.
I just ordered the PS2 controller that robobrothers is now selling. They wrote me after I ordered and said......

"Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the purchase of the PS2 controller for RoboPhilo.

Due to the delay of the official package and manual, would you mind if I send you the controller and the instruction to keep you going first? Once we get the official manual done, I will email you the manual later. I will work with you to make sure you can bring up the controller and have fun with the Ps2 controlling RoboPhilo.

Regards,

RoboBrothers."

I said sure.
I'll keep everyone posted on how the new controller works.

I instruct a class of 7th and 8th graders and I purchased a total of five kits.
If any of you are reading this and wagging your head thinking 7th and 8th graders?! Your right, it was an adventure to say the least!
But the robots are built and things are ok now.

My problem is that I can't get the remote to work more than one philo. I did every thing according to the instructions and then some. We can't get a decent fight to happen when you have two philos doing the same thing all the time.
If anybody has any suggestions, I would definitely appreciate it.

Also, I did modify the lower body with stronger servos on my philo. I had to make my own brackets but it came out good. Hopefully this PS2 controller will be alot better than the TV remote!

Anthony
roboticow1 offline

Post by trey3670 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:13 am

Post by trey3670
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:13 am

could you post some pics of your modified philos? what servos did you use?
could you post some pics of your modified philos? what servos did you use?
trey3670 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by roboticow1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:45 am

Post by roboticow1
Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:45 am

Let me get some pics of it and I'll post 'em.

The servos I used are Spring RC servos I got directly from the manufacture there in China. I'll post the specs with the pics.

On a side note, Philip Chan from Robobrothers, said he has shipped the PS2 controller and wants me to tell him what I think of it. Can't wait!

Tony
Let me get some pics of it and I'll post 'em.

The servos I used are Spring RC servos I got directly from the manufacture there in China. I'll post the specs with the pics.

On a side note, Philip Chan from Robobrothers, said he has shipped the PS2 controller and wants me to tell him what I think of it. Can't wait!

Tony
roboticow1 offline

Post by roboticow1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:48 am

Post by roboticow1
Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:48 am

How do I add pics to this?
How do I add pics to this?
roboticow1 offline

Post by PedroR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 am

Post by PedroR
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 am

to upload files, login to the forum, and on left bar, under "User Menu" you will find and option called "File Manager (new)".
Just use that link to upload your files.
In your case, the files will be uploaded to http://robosavvy.com/Builders/roboticow1
to upload files, login to the forum, and on left bar, under "User Menu" you will find and option called "File Manager (new)".
Just use that link to upload your files.
In your case, the files will be uploaded to http://robosavvy.com/Builders/roboticow1
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by roboticow1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 am

Post by roboticow1
Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 am

Thanks PedroR

I uploaded the files, now what do I do? I hate to sound stupid, but how does anyone see them? How do I put them in this reply?
This seems a little complicated for something so easy because I've never had this trouble from other forums.
So if anyone wants to see my pics or files then they go to robosavvy.com/builders/roboticow1, correct?

I went to robosavvy.com/builders/pedror and pulled up your files, so I guess that's how you do it here.
Anyway, now there up.

Update, I did just get the PS2 controller, but no firmware or instructions or anything. I have tried to get Philip to respond but seems he's not around. The controller is very nice, being as it's all rubberized and I got the reciever with a custom plug-in.
I don't have my camera with me, so I'll have to get pictures of it tomorrow.
And I'll upload them to my file manager.
:D
I still wish we could just upload them to the reply.

Tony
Thanks PedroR

I uploaded the files, now what do I do? I hate to sound stupid, but how does anyone see them? How do I put them in this reply?
This seems a little complicated for something so easy because I've never had this trouble from other forums.
So if anyone wants to see my pics or files then they go to robosavvy.com/builders/roboticow1, correct?

I went to robosavvy.com/builders/pedror and pulled up your files, so I guess that's how you do it here.
Anyway, now there up.

Update, I did just get the PS2 controller, but no firmware or instructions or anything. I have tried to get Philip to respond but seems he's not around. The controller is very nice, being as it's all rubberized and I got the reciever with a custom plug-in.
I don't have my camera with me, so I'll have to get pictures of it tomorrow.
And I'll upload them to my file manager.
:D
I still wish we could just upload them to the reply.

Tony
roboticow1 offline

Post by roboticow1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 am

Post by roboticow1
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 am

Sorry it's takin so long for me to update my experience with the PS2 controller. I did get the controller and I couldn't get it to work at all. After some writing back and forth with Philip Chan in Korea ( I'm assuming this cause he only writes back at midnight), I scrapped the controller he gave me and used another PS2 wireless I had and it works great. I plugged the other one in a game console and it worked fine, so I don't know whats going on there. But needless to say, I got another one to work.

The only gripe I have is that it is like the other remote in that you press the button once and it executes the one command just once. You can't hold the button down and expect it to keep walking or turning or whatever. On the plus side, the response is fast and accurate, unlike the IR tv remote, which I totally hated.

Philip did send a file with lots of neat moves, really good fighting moves.

After changing and modifying some of the poses and sequences, I got some pretty good moves now. I had to modify quite abit seeing as I used new and more powerful servos on his lower half which didn't corrolate with the particulars in the program. But I'm getting there!

Tony
Sorry it's takin so long for me to update my experience with the PS2 controller. I did get the controller and I couldn't get it to work at all. After some writing back and forth with Philip Chan in Korea ( I'm assuming this cause he only writes back at midnight), I scrapped the controller he gave me and used another PS2 wireless I had and it works great. I plugged the other one in a game console and it worked fine, so I don't know whats going on there. But needless to say, I got another one to work.

The only gripe I have is that it is like the other remote in that you press the button once and it executes the one command just once. You can't hold the button down and expect it to keep walking or turning or whatever. On the plus side, the response is fast and accurate, unlike the IR tv remote, which I totally hated.

Philip did send a file with lots of neat moves, really good fighting moves.

After changing and modifying some of the poses and sequences, I got some pretty good moves now. I had to modify quite abit seeing as I used new and more powerful servos on his lower half which didn't corrolate with the particulars in the program. But I'm getting there!

Tony
roboticow1 offline

7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1