Upgrading the stock servos with 3d party servos?

From RoboBrothers.com (Livermore, CA) came the first sub US$400 humanoid robot kit to appear late 2007
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Upgrading the stock servos with 3d party servos?

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 am

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 am

Hi there.
Robophilo comes with some SV4032 standard servos with 4 kg torque and 0.19 sec/60 deg speed at 6VDC...
I find some new metal gear digital servos(MG 995) with some great futures and very-very affordable price, about 6 euros each, the specs are:
1) Coreless motor.
2) Double ball bearing.
3) Weight - 48g.
4) Speed at 6VDC - 0.13 sec.
5) Torque at 6VDC - 15Kg/cm.
6) operation voltage - 3.5-8.4 VDC.
Is it possible to do that upgrade?the controller has the capability to handle that kind of servos? the plastic frame of robophilo can handle the 15 Kg/cm torque of those servos without breaking of some parts?
Need your thoughts... 8)
i m a noob guys on robotics and i need some experts advice ....
Hi there.
Robophilo comes with some SV4032 standard servos with 4 kg torque and 0.19 sec/60 deg speed at 6VDC...
I find some new metal gear digital servos(MG 995) with some great futures and very-very affordable price, about 6 euros each, the specs are:
1) Coreless motor.
2) Double ball bearing.
3) Weight - 48g.
4) Speed at 6VDC - 0.13 sec.
5) Torque at 6VDC - 15Kg/cm.
6) operation voltage - 3.5-8.4 VDC.
Is it possible to do that upgrade?the controller has the capability to handle that kind of servos? the plastic frame of robophilo can handle the 15 Kg/cm torque of those servos without breaking of some parts?
Need your thoughts... 8)
i m a noob guys on robotics and i need some experts advice ....
SabbathbloodySabbath offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 am

Post by SabbathbloodySabbath
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 am

happy new year to you all.
i ordered 4 mg 996 metal geared servos with the same specs like the mg 995 but with a little better potentiometer... and i have it in my hands right now... i try to do some quick test to see if the upgrade is gonna be easy but i have some troubles with those servos .... i need more time to figure out more info and i gonna post again the results.
happy new year to you all.
i ordered 4 mg 996 metal geared servos with the same specs like the mg 995 but with a little better potentiometer... and i have it in my hands right now... i try to do some quick test to see if the upgrade is gonna be easy but i have some troubles with those servos .... i need more time to figure out more info and i gonna post again the results.
SabbathbloodySabbath offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1