Where & When - the next meet of Robo Ones in the UK

Find out where is the next place and time where you can meet other walking robot builders and fans
9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1

Where & When - the next meet of Robo Ones in the UK

Post by r2d2builder » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by r2d2builder
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi all - ive just aqured a Robonova and am keen to meet up with other fellow robo one owners. is there anything organised in the Uk for 2009?.
Steve
Hi all - ive just aqured a Robonova and am keen to meet up with other fellow robo one owners. is there anything organised in the Uk for 2009?.
Steve
r2d2builder offline

Post by StuartL » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by StuartL
Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:14 pm

The next major event will be the Robotics meet at the ThinkTank theatre in Birmingham, piggy-backing on the Micromouse event in June 2009.

This event is not certain (as far as I know) and there are certainly discussions occurring about smaller local meets. Myself, RandomMatt, BillB, AnotherMattBillBKnows and iBot are all around Berkshire/Hampshire so there is a strong possibility of a mini-meet there.
The next major event will be the Robotics meet at the ThinkTank theatre in Birmingham, piggy-backing on the Micromouse event in June 2009.

This event is not certain (as far as I know) and there are certainly discussions occurring about smaller local meets. Myself, RandomMatt, BillB, AnotherMattBillBKnows and iBot are all around Berkshire/Hampshire so there is a strong possibility of a mini-meet there.
StuartL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by r2d2builder » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by r2d2builder
Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:24 pm

I run the UK Robot Builders group. We build full size robots like R2D2s and Daleks. We meet once or twice at Articole Studios in north Hertfordshire (I own Articole Studios - www.articolestudios.co.uk ) - we are planning a meet in February 2009 - would Robo One owners be interesting in coming along and showing off their Robots etc?
Steve Cole
I run the UK Robot Builders group. We build full size robots like R2D2s and Daleks. We meet once or twice at Articole Studios in north Hertfordshire (I own Articole Studios - www.articolestudios.co.uk ) - we are planning a meet in February 2009 - would Robo One owners be interesting in coming along and showing off their Robots etc?
Steve Cole
r2d2builder offline

meeting in Berks/Hamps in Feb

Post by robots42 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:37 am

Post by robots42
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:37 am

I would be interested in attending any meeting.
David
I would be interested in attending any meeting.
David
robots42 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Orac
Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Sounds like a great idea, although I wouldn't be available until the second half of the month.

Pete
Sounds like a great idea, although I wouldn't be available until the second half of the month.

Pete
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Its official.. The Uk Robot Builders Group- invite next meet

Post by r2d2builder » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by r2d2builder
Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Ok guys ...its now official - the next meet of the Uk Robot Builders Group will be on the 28th of February at Articole Studios in North Herstfordshire - 5 mins from junction 10 of the A1
The Uk Robot Builders new website is here http://ukrobotbuilders.proboards.com.
We have been running as a group for three years and meet once or twice year. We have guys (and galls) who build full size R2D2s, Daleks etc etc - we also have a toy designer amongst us.
Articole Studios (www.articolestudios.co.uk) build props in fibreglass & foam for the entertaiment business. We clear the workshop and put down a smooth board floor and sort out a few flat benches for everyone to put things on. We spend the day looking at each others work, drinking tea and coffee and with a few Robo Ones we will have some more fun.
Who wants to come and play for a day...??
Regards - Steve Cole
Ok guys ...its now official - the next meet of the Uk Robot Builders Group will be on the 28th of February at Articole Studios in North Herstfordshire - 5 mins from junction 10 of the A1
The Uk Robot Builders new website is here http://ukrobotbuilders.proboards.com.
We have been running as a group for three years and meet once or twice year. We have guys (and galls) who build full size R2D2s, Daleks etc etc - we also have a toy designer amongst us.
Articole Studios (www.articolestudios.co.uk) build props in fibreglass & foam for the entertaiment business. We clear the workshop and put down a smooth board floor and sort out a few flat benches for everyone to put things on. We spend the day looking at each others work, drinking tea and coffee and with a few Robo Ones we will have some more fun.
Who wants to come and play for a day...??
Regards - Steve Cole
r2d2builder offline

Post by Orac » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am

Post by Orac
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am

Count me in, I will bring along 2 or 3 interesting robots and maybe our football pitch :)
Count me in, I will bring along 2 or 3 interesting robots and maybe our football pitch :)
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by NovaOne » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by NovaOne
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Sounds interesting

I'll do what I can to attend. Hope to have my RN up and running again by then.

R2D2's Daleks....? How about some fully operational C-3PO's :lol:
Sounds interesting

I'll do what I can to attend. Hope to have my RN up and running again by then.

R2D2's Daleks....? How about some fully operational C-3PO's :lol:
NovaOne offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by limor
Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

We are going to be exhibiting some robots at the Bett exhibition in Olympia next week. So while not a proper robotic event, it is an opportunity for those who dont yet have a humanoid to come by and check out the robots up and close.
We are going to be exhibiting some robots at the Bett exhibition in Olympia next week. So while not a proper robotic event, it is an opportunity for those who dont yet have a humanoid to come by and check out the robots up and close.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1