UK Maker Faire Newcastle 2010

Find out where is the next place and time where you can meet other walking robot builders and fans
24 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
24 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Post by Orac » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Orac
Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a couple of people interested in coming and its good to know that Matt Denton will be there with his amazing Multi-legged creations.

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=3906

The promoters have promised me some more specifc information next week, but already, its shaping up to be a great event.
I have a couple of people interested in coming and its good to know that Matt Denton will be there with his amazing Multi-legged creations.

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=3906

The promoters have promised me some more specifc information next week, but already, its shaping up to be a great event.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

No extra information from the organisers yet, but I have been chatting to other robotic groups that are attending. From the conversations with people that were there last year, it is right up my alley, so to speak.

I will be staying over at the Holiday Inn Express, but I know that there are cheaper options available for people, including a YHA place not far away.

I will be bringing along a couple of other robots, such as my updated vision tracking rover which can follow balls around and follow me via a colourful target stuck to my a**e.

Considering bringing my vast array of WowWee robots to entertain the kids when I'm not performing with the Manoi.
No extra information from the organisers yet, but I have been chatting to other robotic groups that are attending. From the conversations with people that were there last year, it is right up my alley, so to speak.

I will be staying over at the Holiday Inn Express, but I know that there are cheaper options available for people, including a YHA place not far away.

I will be bringing along a couple of other robots, such as my updated vision tracking rover which can follow balls around and follow me via a colourful target stuck to my a**e.

Considering bringing my vast array of WowWee robots to entertain the kids when I'm not performing with the Manoi.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Got the final information from the organisers, contains maps, access info, etc.

Looks pretty well organised and they are getting in Pizza and Beer for the Makers on the Saturday night :lol:
Got the final information from the organisers, contains maps, access info, etc.

Looks pretty well organised and they are getting in Pizza and Beer for the Makers on the Saturday night :lol:
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 am

Post by tempusmaster
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 am

Orac wrote:Got the final information from the organisers, contains maps, access info, etc.

Good luck! I'll be there in spirit, even if I won't be able to make it in person. :)

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2010/03/uk-maker-faire-goes-robotic.html
Orac wrote:Got the final information from the organisers, contains maps, access info, etc.

Good luck! I'll be there in spirit, even if I won't be able to make it in person. :)

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2010/03/uk-maker-faire-goes-robotic.html
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Orac » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Orac
Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks Lem.

In spirit, I'll save you some beer and a slice of pizza. In practice they will be long gone ;)
Thanks Lem.

In spirit, I'll save you some beer and a slice of pizza. In practice they will be long gone ;)
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Orac
Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Getting everything together for the weekend, been working out a bit of a show between the rover and the Manoi. Should be quite entertaining.

We will be in the main Centre for life, not sure of the exact location until registration on the day.
Getting everything together for the weekend, been working out a bit of a show between the rover and the Manoi. Should be quite entertaining.

We will be in the main Centre for life, not sure of the exact location until registration on the day.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by i-Bot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by i-Bot
Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Somov the lads been on the raz in NooCastle I reckon!
The Robonova red eyes from the ale gave you away !
Wish I could have been there!
Somov the lads been on the raz in NooCastle I reckon!
The Robonova red eyes from the ale gave you away !
Wish I could have been there!
i-Bot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Orac
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am

Hehe,

It was a great event, very busy on the Saturday, a bit quieter on the Sunday (which was a relief).

Will get some photos and videos up soon.

Pete
Hehe,

It was a great event, very busy on the Saturday, a bit quieter on the Sunday (which was a relief).

Will get some photos and videos up soon.

Pete
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by NovaOne » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:55 am

Post by NovaOne
Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:55 am

Nice picture ;) I had the opportunity to go at the last minute, .......
How can any one NOT want to go to this????
..an unforgettable weekend ! The whole event although smaller than I expected, but it was fascinating.
The Maker and Hacker communities that attended are a truly open minded, free thinking and uninhibited network...... and just a Really nice welcoming group of people.

Several active forum members came...our chats were fascinating.

Limor: shame you could not front a stand I would say 30% of the exhibitors were small companies..but most were there for the community and contacts....eg Shape ways, oomlout, Matt Denton and Hackable Devices

ibot: I think I can speak for orac as well when I say we were sorry you could not make it.....PS my red eyed robot and I are both tea-total, any rumors you hear are completely unfounded...... ibot you should know better than to make accusations like this....The red eyes are just from dancing late into the night. With luck ,one of the robots may be getting I2C wiimote eye surgery in the future.
Nice picture ;) I had the opportunity to go at the last minute, .......
How can any one NOT want to go to this????
..an unforgettable weekend ! The whole event although smaller than I expected, but it was fascinating.
The Maker and Hacker communities that attended are a truly open minded, free thinking and uninhibited network...... and just a Really nice welcoming group of people.

Several active forum members came...our chats were fascinating.

Limor: shame you could not front a stand I would say 30% of the exhibitors were small companies..but most were there for the community and contacts....eg Shape ways, oomlout, Matt Denton and Hackable Devices

ibot: I think I can speak for orac as well when I say we were sorry you could not make it.....PS my red eyed robot and I are both tea-total, any rumors you hear are completely unfounded...... ibot you should know better than to make accusations like this....The red eyes are just from dancing late into the night. With luck ,one of the robots may be getting I2C wiimote eye surgery in the future.
NovaOne offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Previous
Previous
24 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
24 postsPage 2 of 21, 2