What's the difference between each robot?

Find out where is the next place and time where you can meet other walking robot builders and fans
9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1

What's the difference between each robot?

Post by enb141 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Post by enb141
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi, I'm new here and I would like to know what's the difference between those robots, specially Robonova and Bioloid
Hi, I'm new here and I would like to know what's the difference between those robots, specially Robonova and Bioloid
enb141 offline

Another newbies research

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 am

Post by UncleBob
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 am

I am another newbie. However I spent the past several days watching YouTube and checking out forums and asking questions.

Robonova is made out of metal. It is slower and does not come with any sensors but there are many hacks you can find in the forum to add wireless Bluetooth etc. It is design in 2006. It has 16 servos in stock form.

Bioloid is made from hard plastic. It has 18 servos in stock form. The comprehensive version has one distance sensor and premium version 3. It has the best graphical interface to program postures. Bioloid can be made into a dog, spider, snake and many other type of robots.

Robuilder is slightly cheaper and newer. It is made out of plastic. And also very nice.

It really depends on your budget and how much time you thnk you will spend on it.
I am another newbie. However I spent the past several days watching YouTube and checking out forums and asking questions.

Robonova is made out of metal. It is slower and does not come with any sensors but there are many hacks you can find in the forum to add wireless Bluetooth etc. It is design in 2006. It has 16 servos in stock form.

Bioloid is made from hard plastic. It has 18 servos in stock form. The comprehensive version has one distance sensor and premium version 3. It has the best graphical interface to program postures. Bioloid can be made into a dog, spider, snake and many other type of robots.

Robuilder is slightly cheaper and newer. It is made out of plastic. And also very nice.

It really depends on your budget and how much time you thnk you will spend on it.
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enb141 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:32 am

Post by enb141
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:32 am

Thanks for your reply, do you know something about Kondo, MechRC and RoboPhilo?

So do you think the Bioloid is the best one out there?
Thanks for your reply, do you know something about Kondo, MechRC and RoboPhilo?

So do you think the Bioloid is the best one out there?
enb141 offline

Is Bioloid the best

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 am

Post by UncleBob
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 am

Depends how you define 'best'. I have just ordered a Kondo. Maybe that tells you something. I notice on youtube that the robonova fight very slowly vs Kondo (which are mainly used in Japanese competitions) are much faster.

I never seen a Bioliod fight. It is more like a student robot I guess. You won't see Bill Gate fight.

You still haven't tell me what you expect your robot to do?
Depends how you define 'best'. I have just ordered a Kondo. Maybe that tells you something. I notice on youtube that the robonova fight very slowly vs Kondo (which are mainly used in Japanese competitions) are much faster.

I never seen a Bioliod fight. It is more like a student robot I guess. You won't see Bill Gate fight.

You still haven't tell me what you expect your robot to do?
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enb141 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 am

Post by enb141
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:15 am

Actually I'm just looking to buildability like the Bioloid that can convert into different objects (dog, dragon, etc) but that's just a plus, what I really would like to know is if those models already include batteries, and how upgradable are they?

What about their batteries, where are they located and for how long you can use your robot before batteries go off.
Actually I'm just looking to buildability like the Bioloid that can convert into different objects (dog, dragon, etc) but that's just a plus, what I really would like to know is if those models already include batteries, and how upgradable are they?

What about their batteries, where are they located and for how long you can use your robot before batteries go off.
enb141 offline

Post by UncleBob » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:08 am

Post by UncleBob
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:08 am

For robonova kondo you can buy backup battery. But bioiliod I think the battery is inside the controller pls check. However you can plug into the main so shouldn't be a big issue.

If you want different type of robots than it is bioloid and robobuilder.
For robonova kondo you can buy backup battery. But bioiliod I think the battery is inside the controller pls check. However you can plug into the main so shouldn't be a big issue.

If you want different type of robots than it is bioloid and robobuilder.
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enb141 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by enb141
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Ok, now anyone can tell me about KHR and why is more expensive?
Ok, now anyone can tell me about KHR and why is more expensive?
enb141 offline

Post by RobotServicesGroup » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by RobotServicesGroup
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Some of your questions can be answered here:

http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Most of your other questions, including batteries, can be answered here:

http://www.robotservicesgroup.com/RobotsPage2.html
Some of your questions can be answered here:

http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Most of your other questions, including batteries, can be answered here:

http://www.robotservicesgroup.com/RobotsPage2.html
RobotServicesGroup offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enb141 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Post by enb141
Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks for your links, that helped me to see the advantages of each robot.
Thanks for your links, that helped me to see the advantages of each robot.
enb141 offline

9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1