Humanoid Robo-football Tournament 25th June Birmingham 2011

Find out where is the next place and time where you can meet other walking robot builders and fans
43 postsPage 2 of 31, 2, 3

Post by Traull » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Traull
Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:08 pm

hi everyone!

thank you for all your responses.

i need to know what type of robots (eg manoi, khr 3)
you will be bringing to the event and how many robots you will be entering into the event, per roboteer. (if more than one i will make sure you will be against other teams)

there will be a press release for the event soon and the more information to give the better, it will also aid me with teams and if anyone has already formed a team please let me know.

if you have a name for your humanoid that will be so much easier :)

thank you for your help. look forward to hearing from you soon.
hi everyone!

thank you for all your responses.

i need to know what type of robots (eg manoi, khr 3)
you will be bringing to the event and how many robots you will be entering into the event, per roboteer. (if more than one i will make sure you will be against other teams)

there will be a press release for the event soon and the more information to give the better, it will also aid me with teams and if anyone has already formed a team please let me know.

if you have a name for your humanoid that will be so much easier :)

thank you for your help. look forward to hearing from you soon.
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Titan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Titan
Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 pm

hi there if there are still any places available i would like to enter

i have a bioloid premium
called titan

just wondering if the event is actually free to enter????

:)
hi there if there are still any places available i would like to enter

i have a bioloid premium
called titan

just wondering if the event is actually free to enter????

:)
Titan offline

Post by Traull » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Traull
Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:49 pm

hay titan yea there is still places available and look forward to seeing you at the event i will pm you shorty with more details

and yes the event is FREE to enter
hay titan yea there is still places available and look forward to seeing you at the event i will pm you shorty with more details

and yes the event is FREE to enter
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by i-Bot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by i-Bot
Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

I have not seen the full detail for this years event, but previously it has always been free entry for all visitors. There was always plenty of parking at reasonable cost too, considering city location.
Excellent value day out for spectators as well as competitors.
I have not seen the full detail for this years event, but previously it has always been free entry for all visitors. There was always plenty of parking at reasonable cost too, considering city location.
Excellent value day out for spectators as well as competitors.
i-Bot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Titan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Titan
Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

wow cheers guys i hope to see you all there, i am assuming you are trying to set up a kondo cup style event i have been looking on youtube at these events and they seem highly entertaining so i am very much looking forward to actually entering my bioloid into some sort of compertition.
is this a yearly event or a 1 off as i havn't seen any other events advertised i would like to compete in these types of events more often but im still new and haven't found anything uk based so far.

i was wondering if people are customising their robots like that iv seen on the kondo cup videos? if so i think i have a long road ahead of me :D
wow cheers guys i hope to see you all there, i am assuming you are trying to set up a kondo cup style event i have been looking on youtube at these events and they seem highly entertaining so i am very much looking forward to actually entering my bioloid into some sort of compertition.
is this a yearly event or a 1 off as i havn't seen any other events advertised i would like to compete in these types of events more often but im still new and haven't found anything uk based so far.

i was wondering if people are customising their robots like that iv seen on the kondo cup videos? if so i think i have a long road ahead of me :D
Titan offline

Post by Orac » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Orac
Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi,

From past events, the robots that come are pretty much stock (or modified for experimenting rather than competing)

I wouldn't worry too much about about it. As long as you can stand and walk a little you will have fun.

Even ball kick motions weren't too sucessful last time. Better results were had by just walking into balls.

A few simple motions, maybe ball throw in, goalie dives and some simple fight moves would be useful but not strictly necessary.
Hi,

From past events, the robots that come are pretty much stock (or modified for experimenting rather than competing)

I wouldn't worry too much about about it. As long as you can stand and walk a little you will have fun.

Even ball kick motions weren't too sucessful last time. Better results were had by just walking into balls.

A few simple motions, maybe ball throw in, goalie dives and some simple fight moves would be useful but not strictly necessary.
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Traull » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Traull
Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 pm

if you wish to customize your robot go right ahead i think its a brilliant idea i always loved the dancing manoi on youtube at one of the robo one events (i think).
loved the jacket + tracksuit combo lol
if you wish to customize your robot go right ahead i think its a brilliant idea i always loved the dancing manoi on youtube at one of the robo one events (i think).
loved the jacket + tracksuit combo lol
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Traull » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by Traull
Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

just to keep everyone updated the Goals have finally been made, i didnt think something that looks so easy would take so long to finish.

the prizes have also turned up and are looking great not long now till the event anyone have any news, has anyone done any customization yet.

pitch is still being made at moment but looking good i hope many more people can compete so we can put on a show for everyone.
just to keep everyone updated the Goals have finally been made, i didnt think something that looks so easy would take so long to finish.

the prizes have also turned up and are looking great not long now till the event anyone have any news, has anyone done any customization yet.

pitch is still being made at moment but looking good i hope many more people can compete so we can put on a show for everyone.
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by i-Bot » Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 am

Post by i-Bot
Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 am

Any chance for Robosavvy to bring the Bioloid GP and Darwin OP to this event or to have a UK hands on opportunity ?
Any chance for Robosavvy to bring the Bioloid GP and Darwin OP to this event or to have a UK hands on opportunity ?
i-Bot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by PedroR
Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi i-Bot

I will check with Limor.

If we make it to the event we can definitelly take the bioloid GP.

As for the DarwinOP we don't actually own one at the moment.

Limor has spent some time with one during InnoRobo but Robotis has not sent us any unit (they're actually charging distributors quite a lot if they want to get a DARwIn for Demo purposes).

If we do have one ourselves by the time of the show we'll certainly take it with us.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi i-Bot

I will check with Limor.

If we make it to the event we can definitelly take the bioloid GP.

As for the DarwinOP we don't actually own one at the moment.

Limor has spent some time with one during InnoRobo but Robotis has not sent us any unit (they're actually charging distributors quite a lot if they want to get a DARwIn for Demo purposes).

If we do have one ourselves by the time of the show we'll certainly take it with us.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 am

Post by PedroR
Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 am

Hi i-Bot

I confirmed with Limor that the Bioloid GP will be there at the event.

We're not sure yet if we'll be able to come the event but if not, we'll send it to one of the attendees so you can test drive it and experiment with it.

It's quite a nice robot and much better experience than the Bioloid PREMIUM (which feels quite "lazy" compared to GP which is very energetic and responsive)

Best Regards
Pedro
Hi i-Bot

I confirmed with Limor that the Bioloid GP will be there at the event.

We're not sure yet if we'll be able to come the event but if not, we'll send it to one of the attendees so you can test drive it and experiment with it.

It's quite a nice robot and much better experience than the Bioloid PREMIUM (which feels quite "lazy" compared to GP which is very energetic and responsive)

Best Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Traull » Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Traull
Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 pm

hay guys just a quick update
im still hoping for more people to be attending this event it has been advertised on many locations but there may now only be a couple of teams worth of roboteers, there have been alot of intereast but only a hand full of guaranteed competitors have got back to me alot of people are still unsure but at least there is a couple of teams worth.
i would like to thank everyone who has got back to me with speedy response and look forward to seeing you all.

the pitch is now being made from line/vinyl flooring as i couldnt guarantee the floor surface at the event and how it will act with the wooden panels plus helps with transport :) it will also be smooth so shouldnt have any trouble.

if anyone else would like to join please make yourself known.

looking forward to the showing off of the bioloid gp
hay guys just a quick update
im still hoping for more people to be attending this event it has been advertised on many locations but there may now only be a couple of teams worth of roboteers, there have been alot of intereast but only a hand full of guaranteed competitors have got back to me alot of people are still unsure but at least there is a couple of teams worth.
i would like to thank everyone who has got back to me with speedy response and look forward to seeing you all.

the pitch is now being made from line/vinyl flooring as i couldnt guarantee the floor surface at the event and how it will act with the wooden panels plus helps with transport :) it will also be smooth so shouldnt have any trouble.

if anyone else would like to join please make yourself known.

looking forward to the showing off of the bioloid gp
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Orac » Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by Orac
Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Sounds great, can't wait to see some photos of the pitch :)
Sounds great, can't wait to see some photos of the pitch :)
Orac offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Traull » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Traull
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 am

sorry for late reply been on holiday.
yes photoes will be put up shortly hopefully by the end of this week.
i hope everyone is still coming and looking forward to the event.

:P
sorry for late reply been on holiday.
yes photoes will be put up shortly hopefully by the end of this week.
i hope everyone is still coming and looking forward to the event.

:P
Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Traull » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Traull
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:18 pm

here are some photoes just need to finish off some lines on the pitch but thats about it this is only half the pitch the the other half is done and rolled up ready for birmingham

i hope the pictures work: (first time posting images)

here are some photoes just need to finish off some lines on the pitch but thats about it this is only half the pitch the the other half is done and rolled up ready for birmingham

i hope the pictures work: (first time posting images)

Traull offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

PreviousNext
PreviousNext