Rq-Huno movement problem? Help

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

Rq-Huno movement problem? Help

Post by pbsk8 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:26 am

Post by pbsk8
Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:26 am

I just assembled my RQ-HUNO but the first attempt to run it, simply doesnt work properly.

Looks like the arms dont have strength enough to make a move.

When I try to set zero position for each servo, for the first time I attempt, I could barely change them. The second time I tried, now it makes crazy moves like the leg going all way up! When standing, it leans to one side.

Is it a problem in it? Because I made sure every servo has its position at 12 clock and for arms, 11 and 1 o clock.

I am really sad I cant even do the pre programmed moves. :cry:
I just assembled my RQ-HUNO but the first attempt to run it, simply doesnt work properly.

Looks like the arms dont have strength enough to make a move.

When I try to set zero position for each servo, for the first time I attempt, I could barely change them. The second time I tried, now it makes crazy moves like the leg going all way up! When standing, it leans to one side.

Is it a problem in it? Because I made sure every servo has its position at 12 clock and for arms, 11 and 1 o clock.

I am really sad I cant even do the pre programmed moves. :cry:
pbsk8 offline

Re: Rq-Huno movement problem? Help

Post by PaulL » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am

Post by PaulL
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am

I don't know much about this 'bot, but I'd first disconnect all and try one servo, and if that one doesn't work, I'd try a few different ones. Then, add one at a time and test.

Is the battery freshly charged? If batteries are low, all kinds of interesting things can happen when a servo tries to move.
I don't know much about this 'bot, but I'd first disconnect all and try one servo, and if that one doesn't work, I'd try a few different ones. Then, add one at a time and test.

Is the battery freshly charged? If batteries are low, all kinds of interesting things can happen when a servo tries to move.
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Captain Lotus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Humm, I'm not sure you assembled it in the right order...
If the SAMS seems weak, it's probably because they automaticaly turn into passive mode as they try to reach an impossible position.
And it appears specialy when a SAM is mounted upside-down : when it try to reach the zero position, it ends stuck by other parts...

What do you mean when you said "every servo has its position at 12 clock and for arms, 11 and 1 o clock" ?

The right way is :
Step 1 : connect electricaly every servos to the controller, run the controller and ask for "zero position" with the remote.
The SAMS should turn...
Shut down the controller and unplug all the servos.
Step 2 : mount the RQ-HUNO (mecanicaly and electicaly) without moving too much the SAMS from the position of the step1
Step 3 : run the RQ-HUNO and tell us if it's better :mrgreen:
Humm, I'm not sure you assembled it in the right order...
If the SAMS seems weak, it's probably because they automaticaly turn into passive mode as they try to reach an impossible position.
And it appears specialy when a SAM is mounted upside-down : when it try to reach the zero position, it ends stuck by other parts...

What do you mean when you said "every servo has its position at 12 clock and for arms, 11 and 1 o clock" ?

The right way is :
Step 1 : connect electricaly every servos to the controller, run the controller and ask for "zero position" with the remote.
The SAMS should turn...
Shut down the controller and unplug all the servos.
Step 2 : mount the RQ-HUNO (mecanicaly and electicaly) without moving too much the SAMS from the position of the step1
Step 3 : run the RQ-HUNO and tell us if it's better :mrgreen:
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by pbsk8 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:43 am

Post by pbsk8
Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:43 am

Thank you, after some tries I made it walk properly. The problem is still the zero point calibration.

Is there any easy way to do this? Even the basic motions like the kicking in the air and simple kicking make it fall!

I set it to firmware 0.55. Maybe is it s firmware problem?

Besides, is there any tutorial for the action builder? For example, the sound detection, the infra red eyes, so far I havent figured how to make the scenes and motions with those features. :(
Thank you, after some tries I made it walk properly. The problem is still the zero point calibration.

Is there any easy way to do this? Even the basic motions like the kicking in the air and simple kicking make it fall!

Besides, is there any tutorial for the action builder? For example, the sound detection, the infra red eyes, so far I havent figured how to make the scenes and motions with those features. :(
pbsk8 offline

Post by Captain Lotus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:51 pm

pbsk8 wrote:Thank you, after some tries I made it walk properly. The problem is still the zero point calibration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeD47Havd64

pbsk8 wrote:Besides, is there any tutorial for the action builder? For example, the sound detection, the infra red eyes, so far I havent figured how to make the scenes and motions with those features. :(

this thread will probably help you :
http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9603
pbsk8 wrote:Thank you, after some tries I made it walk properly. The problem is still the zero point calibration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeD47Havd64

pbsk8 wrote:Besides, is there any tutorial for the action builder? For example, the sound detection, the infra red eyes, so far I havent figured how to make the scenes and motions with those features. :(

this thread will probably help you :
http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9603
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1