A little help with picking the right add-ons please

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

A little help with picking the right add-ons please

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:45 am

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T
Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:45 am

Hi guys,
I have a 5710K (see into from newbie post) and I am looking to do the following things:
1. I would like Bluetooth, http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... ts_id/3395 seems to be the one? What handheld controllers are good for this? (Like PlayStation controllers)
2. I want to add sound and voice recognition, what is the easiest way to achieve this?
3. Vision would be nice too, are there any kits that are easy to use with robobuilder 5710k?

As I am only a newbie to all of this, it is important either to have plug and play options or good clear documentation for installation on some of the more advanced products.

Just searching around the Robosavvy store, there seems to be 1001 options for this and it is a little confusing for me... as they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing... I want to avoid buying the wrong parts, so your expertise and knowledge will be a big help to me!
Thanks in advance.
Matt
Hi guys,
I have a 5710K (see into from newbie post) and I am looking to do the following things:
1. I would like Bluetooth, http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... ts_id/3395 seems to be the one? What handheld controllers are good for this? (Like PlayStation controllers)
2. I want to add sound and voice recognition, what is the easiest way to achieve this?
3. Vision would be nice too, are there any kits that are easy to use with robobuilder 5710k?

As I am only a newbie to all of this, it is important either to have plug and play options or good clear documentation for installation on some of the more advanced products.

Just searching around the Robosavvy store, there seems to be 1001 options for this and it is a little confusing for me... as they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing... I want to avoid buying the wrong parts, so your expertise and knowledge will be a big help to me!
Thanks in advance.
Matt
K.I.L.L.B.O.T offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: A little help with picking the right add-ons please

Post by l3v3rz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by l3v3rz
Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Here's my suggestion
1/ Add the blue tooth and then use a mobile android based phone for controller - robobuilder already have an App for that
2/ To add voice recogontion - use the android libraries and write an application to send control i.e. walk forward to the robot over blue tooth - I have code in robobuilder lib that does that
3/ Add an IP based web cam - like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-camera ... omputers_0 . It has pan and tilt as well as two way comms - so you can get your text speak out via the web cam. Just need to get 5vDC power to it. Plus your terminator gets night vision. - terrifying !

P.S. love the paint job
Here's my suggestion
1/ Add the blue tooth and then use a mobile android based phone for controller - robobuilder already have an App for that
2/ To add voice recogontion - use the android libraries and write an application to send control i.e. walk forward to the robot over blue tooth - I have code in robobuilder lib that does that
3/ Add an IP based web cam - like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-camera ... omputers_0 . It has pan and tilt as well as two way comms - so you can get your text speak out via the web cam. Just need to get 5vDC power to it. Plus your terminator gets night vision. - terrifying !

P.S. love the paint job
l3v3rz offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 am

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks l3v3rz! I appreciate your help. Where do I find the robobuilder lib?
Thanks l3v3rz! I appreciate your help. Where do I find the robobuilder lib?
K.I.L.L.B.O.T offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:46 am

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T
Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:46 am

My bot is now running with bluetooth! Awesome mod to do, so cool running it with voice control... Also ended up buying a SAM module, the small ones, and have it in his chest cavity, between the shoulder modules (only needed a few mods to do so) and I have the head on that, the head sits maybe 2mm higher and now rotates left and right! Stoked to be able to custom mod it up
My bot is now running with bluetooth! Awesome mod to do, so cool running it with voice control... Also ended up buying a SAM module, the small ones, and have it in his chest cavity, between the shoulder modules (only needed a few mods to do so) and I have the head on that, the head sits maybe 2mm higher and now rotates left and right! Stoked to be able to custom mod it up
K.I.L.L.B.O.T offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by l3v3rz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 am

Post by l3v3rz
Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 am

sounds super cool ! Any photos or videos of head moving ?
sounds super cool ! Any photos or videos of head moving ?
l3v3rz offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T
Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

Here are a couple of pics for you...still have to get the red light wires tidied up
Here are a couple of pics for you...still have to get the red light wires tidied up
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (653.91 KiB) Viewed 24838 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (648.5 KiB) Viewed 24838 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (728.18 KiB) Viewed 24838 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (415.71 KiB) Viewed 24838 times
K.I.L.L.B.O.T offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder