RQ-HUNO ARM Cortex M3 + C programming + Eclipse + Linux

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

RQ-HUNO ARM Cortex M3 + C programming + Eclipse + Linux

Post by MarcosM » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 am

Post by MarcosM
Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 am

Hello,

I am trying to program the RQ Huno controller (ARM version) in C using the Eclipse IDE. I have installed all the ARM plugins, toolchain, the STM32 libraries, etc. Programs compile and link with no problems.

However, once I have the firmware .HEX file, there is no way to flash this to the Huno controller.

I have the USB to serial cable, and it works fine with all the Windows software - so it is not a hardware problem.

So my question is, does someone have information about the protocol for flashing the controller using the USB cable under linux? Is it a JTAG or just a USB to serial cable? Is there some linux utility for flashing with this cable?

I have tried the ST-Link free implementation (github.com/texane/stlink) but it does not recognise this combination of cable and controller.

Many thanks,

MarcosM

UPDATE:
It works with STM32Flash https://code.google.com/p/stm32flash/

The command is:
stm32flash -b 1000000 -m 8n1 -w ${project_name}.hex /dev/ttyUSB0
Hello,

I am trying to program the RQ Huno controller (ARM version) in C using the Eclipse IDE. I have installed all the ARM plugins, toolchain, the STM32 libraries, etc. Programs compile and link with no problems.

However, once I have the firmware .HEX file, there is no way to flash this to the Huno controller.

I have the USB to serial cable, and it works fine with all the Windows software - so it is not a hardware problem.

So my question is, does someone have information about the protocol for flashing the controller using the USB cable under linux? Is it a JTAG or just a USB to serial cable? Is there some linux utility for flashing with this cable?

I have tried the ST-Link free implementation (github.com/texane/stlink) but it does not recognise this combination of cable and controller.

Many thanks,

MarcosM

UPDATE:
It works with STM32Flash https://code.google.com/p/stm32flash/

The command is:
stm32flash -b 1000000 -m 8n1 -w ${project_name}.hex /dev/ttyUSB0
MarcosM offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1